19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #436 of 445 (permalink) Old 6-25-19, 20:34 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Power: 5

Garage
Are the pictures of the first post not showing up for you guys?

Mx-7 Project reborn! -F2T in a FC RX-7 (400hp?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #437 of 445 (permalink) Old 6-26-19, 8:32

Quoted: 31 Post(s)

Pics of the stuff you bought are showing up, I did a quick search for you as well on the threads but due to bickering back and forth, nobody bothered to mention the copper ngk part numbers, just the iridium 1g A and 1g B part numbers.

Zoom -----------------________
_Zoom____----=+_.''/_|__d>____
_Zoom_----___[\mazda...| -__ \ GT__ L\
Zoom___--__--\___(@)...|____.|..(@)._''
RIP SixSick6
post #438 of 445 (permalink) Old 6-27-19, 20:13 Thread Starter

Garage
The front pulley just got done

Last edited by DarkMx-6; 6-27-19 at 20:26.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #439 of 445 (permalink) Old 6-28-19, 11:50 Thread Starter

Garage
Mazda Carnage answered my question in another thread. I just ordered the colder plugs. This info also seems helpful so I quoted it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda Carnage View Post
I don't understand why you are getting spark blowout?
I have never experienced spark blowout even at 31psi.
I run NGK V groove plugs ZFR7F11 gaped to 0.035-0.037" (I order them for a 1990 probe GT because they cant seem to find them for the mx6 or 626 even though it's the same part number, 7 is the cold plug, 6 regular and 5 is hot) and regular blue NGK wires on the factory ignition without any problems.

2 of the other mx6 gt's have MSD ignition but I have never noticed any difference over the factory ignition, switching back to it due to the msd coil dying. They also run the same Vgroove plugs and gap.

I haven bought new spark plugs in quite some time, I just clean them with a wire brush on a bench grinder.

I am so confident in the NGK V groove plugs that I have a brand new set of NGK Iridium spark plugs that have been siting around since 2006 (client totaled his car and gave me the plugs and wrecked car). I had planned on putting them in an N/A tuned F2 but life is too short to drive N/A. Never would I put them or any other spark plug in an F2T besides V Groove plugs, maybe I am jaded but I can count more than 20 times someone put performance plugs in there perfectly working car and the plugs failed or caused problems, some where F2T's.

It sounds to me like it could be another problem.
The smaller black box is called an igniter, this is an electronic ignition.

Remember positive is constant at the coil and ground is pulsed, try adding a couple engine grounds, I forgot the ground next to the cam gear once and could only manage 50% boost any higher and spark broke up, pulled over, noticed the wire, grounded it and turn up the boost again.

Could it be the signal to the computer is breaking up under the faster acceleration under higher boost. so the ecu read 4000 and 5000rpm no problem and when it reads 1500pulses from 4000 to 5000 (3 pulses per cam rpm = 1.5 pulses per crank rpm) in 1 second there is no problem but when it tries to decipher 1500 pulses in 0.1 seconds maybe it has a problem.

I would try adding thick gauge wire engine grounds first and then see if there is any way to increase the ecu programs ignition resolution or signal output above 3000rpm.

If the grounds work, try a 0.035" gap and if everything is okay don't gap the plugs any tighter.

post #440 of 445 (permalink) Old 7-5-19, 1:34 Thread Starter

Garage
Hey guys I'm looking for some LS coils with internal igniters. Any ideas on what car to get them from?

I also want to get the harnesses too. I'm thinking my only reasonable choice for that would be from the junk yard.

post #441 of 445 (permalink) Old 7-7-19, 12:40 Thread Starter

Garage
So I'm looking at how I'm going to connect my Innovate 4X EGT to my Haltech ecu and I don't know if I can.
I emailed both Haltech and Innovate to see what my options are.

I was looking around and it looks like Innovate has a TC-4 Plus that they offer with 4x analog outputs.

The one I have is just the TC-4 with no analog outputs that I can see.

I guess the one I have is just meant to datalog on a laptop or maybe send directly to gauges?

post #442 of 445 (permalink) Old 7-8-19, 9:26

Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMx-6 View Post
So I'm looking at how I'm going to connect my Innovate 4X EGT to my Haltech ecu and I don't know if I can.
I emailed both Haltech and Innovate to see what my options are.

I was looking around and it looks like Innovate has a TC-4 Plus that they offer with 4x analog outputs.

The one I have is just the TC-4 with no analog outputs that I can see.

I guess the one I have is just meant to datalog on a laptop or maybe send directly to gauges?
I think your problem is trying to use the TC-4 with the haltech. What voltage signal return do the EGT's put out (I would guess 0-5V). You need to know the voltage range and the temperature range (0-1600 or 0-2000...) of the sensor and find out if the signal is linear then take a sheet of draft paper and mark down (0-5 v) in 20 increments vertically and (0-2000*f) in 100 or 50 degree increments then draw a line from 0v o* to (5v Max degrees) and you will have a voltage to temp chart.
Find 4 auxiliary inputs on the halteck and piggy back the signal from the egt's at the TC-4
Program the halteck to pull timing or add fuel to the cylinder above a certain voltage from that cylinders EGT sensor.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mazdacarnage
BUILD IT, BEAT IT, BREAK IT, REBUILD IT, BEAT IT MORE, BREAK IT AGAIN, BUILD IT BETTER, BEAT IT THE MOST AND ?
post #443 of 445 (permalink) Old 7-9-19, 0:16 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda Carnage View Post
I think your problem is trying to use the TC-4 with the haltech.
Thanks for the reply!

I ended up ordering the TC-4 Plus.

post #444 of 445 (permalink) Old 7-10-19, 14:23 Thread Starter

Garage
So I'm going to be using a aftermarket digital dash and I want to use the original speedo gear.

I know the speedo is cable driven but does anyone know if there is there any way to modify the speedo gear so that haltech can receive an analog pulse that it can interpret as speed?

I think I've heard of people modifying them for other cars, anyone know of any write ups?

While searching I found this but nothing about using a hall effect or inductive sensor.

https://www.rx7club.com/1st-generati.../#post11403825

I'm thinking of taking the speedo gear down to the local machine shop and and seeing what they can do. My main concern about that is running out of room in the transmission tunnel.

I'm pretty sure my car doesn't have ABS so I can't tap into that system.

Is there an easy way to add an ABS ring gear and sensor?

Could I possibly use an electronic speedo gear off a newer car such as a rx8 or miata?

post #445 of 445 (permalink) Old 7-11-19, 11:25 Thread Starter

Garage
The guys off of rx7club.com informed me that the FC speedo gear (electronic) will fit in the non-turbo fc tranny.
So that is the route I will take.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page