Mazda MX-6 Forum - View Single Post - 2nd Gen Forced induction member/car database
View Single Post
post #72 of (permalink) Old 4-27-08, 18:42
LIL SILVER 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

Car/Model/Engine/Year: Origanly a I4 automatic 1995 MX-6 swapped all my 96pgt parts and some other parts Now its a fully swapped LS V6 KLZE 5 SPEED

Method of forced induction used: Holset HX35w turbo, Delta Wastegate, Greddy Type S BOV, Greddy profec B spec II, Greddy TT,Modded Ludespeed origanal hard pipes, from downpipe back, 3"randomtec cat, 3" mand bent pipes, HKS 3" straight threw muffler

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: 27+6+2 1/2 Ebay

Piping/drive system for SC's: Its 2" right now but this year Im planning on a bigger front mount intercooler and 2 1/2" piping

Fuel mods:Walbro 255 HP, Begi FMU, Mil S Injectors, AFPR, Dual feed lines,

Engine/tranny mods:Stock ZE, Spec ST 3, Fidanza Flywheel, SS clutch line, Dot 4 fluid, Front and Rear MM inserts,MSD 6AL, MSD Boost Timming Master, Ext. Blaster 3 coil, MSD 8.5mm wires

Special features on your system:AEM wideband, msd boost timming master right now which I dont think Ive seen anyone else here or PT running one, But I do Have a Megasquirt v2.2 that will be going in soon.

Performance:It pulls hard Its pretty fun Dyno soon to come

Was it hard to come up with this:Nah I had some problems getting this huge turbo to work with hot pipes that were made for a smaller turbo and making the pipes fit after but Overall Im not that stupid when it comes to cars plus Im a welder and mecanic wher I work so not to hard

How long did it take to build your system:Well I came accross the 3"exhaust and the turbo pipes for $160. I was running n2o at the time and I was sick of filling the bottle and running out all the time so I bought these and then did a bunch of research when I thought I had it figured out I found a turbo I liked spent some big money on that when that was in my hand I bought the rest. Id say 3 months

How much money have you spent on this all:I did get lucky on the piping and exhaust BUT I still spent over 2,500 easily. I really dont keep track and I dont even want to know the real amount lets just say if you cant afford to pay your bills and have a lot of extra spending money I wouldnt suggest getting in over your head

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted:If u can affrd it. Start reading a lot do your research and start with good parts. I bought a ebay bov, and wastegate at first and finally bought diffrent good stuff after that, so I wasted some money now I cant even give the crap away. Have a spare daily driver for when you brake something (because u will)and Like I said before you better have some $$$$$ sitting around or make decent money.

Last edited by LIL SILVER 6; 4-27-08 at 18:45.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome