Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Klze Faq

59K views 77 replies 24 participants last post by  Crimson Fox 
#1 · (Edited)
In the effort to rebuild the information this site contains, based on Steves post, I thought we could use this thread.

I am in the middle of a complete mx6 restore. The car was completely gutted. Its been many years since I have touched the car and I dont remember where things go.

Alot of this will be posting pictures asking where things go and what connects to what during the ZE swap.

After that we can add and edit more information that we might have missed.

So lets kick things off.

DE Vac Diagram.

ZE Vac Diagram.

This ZE came with a plastic cap in the place of the crank position sensor.

You will need to take the sensor off of the DE motor and install it on the ZE. **You only need to take the sensor off this picture was taken from a DE block that had been broken down.**

Nothing connects to the OUT flange and should be left alone.

This is the EGR valve. The KLZE does not require this part and can be left off. The EGR hole on the rear exhaust manifold will need to be welded shut or capped off to avoid any exhaust leaks. See above picture.

Here you can see a cap that I got for free at a shop.

CV/Axel Half Shaft. You will need the half shaft for the right side from a 93 MTX MX6. Pictured on Right.

Clutch and Flywheel mounted.

I will updated these pictures with larger ones. All I had was my phone today.

Braket for front motor mount:

Starter mount, clutch lines and driver side motor mount.

Back side of tanny, axel, rear motor mount bracket.

Rear motor mount bracket and hookup for shift linkage

Passenger side axel hookup, O2 housing, and Tranny sensor.

Passenger side Motor mount placement and pulleys.

Back side of ZE IM (ignore the broken part :lol: will replace)

Rear Motor Mount and Rack & Pinion, Shift linkage and exhaust.

Driver Side empty bay shot

Passenger side empty bay shot

Thats all for now. The engine is in I will take pictures of the bay as I go along for hookup.

Thanks! I will continue to ask questions and take pictures. I will update the main post as information comes in.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
hey dude. That is EGR sensor. On ZE you dont need that. Your headers are bigger than mine. Someone wrote a post that ZE dont need BIG headers, you might loose power. Cause that enignes like to bearn the fuel. And the pictures in the begining, its a crank sensor. I dont know about that plug on the back of an engine, if coolant comes out, its probably coolant line. Where did you get this engine from, do you know what you doing?

#4 ·
lambera, with respect to the coolant cap have you checked on your de to see it its a heater line?

As previously stated the sensor is the crank posistion sensor and i can only imagine that it WOULD be needed and is worth swapping over. From the pics it looks like whoever you got the engine from removed the sensor as its part of the wiring harness (whihc is odd as they usually just cut everything!) and simply replaced the bolt instead of throwing it to the ground (also odd!)

The EGR valve (that is in the last picture which is not required by the ZE) will need to be capped on your new headers or you will have an exhaust leak!

#6 · (Edited)
I'll go pop my head in the engine bay real quick to see if I can find anything on my DE that would be where your out cap is.

bb in a minute with some pics:tup::cool:

**update: no camera.....dad must have taken it. But the good news is my DE has that same plate and it says "out" too. Not sure what it's for.....but it must be there for a reason......possibly a coolant outlet for the supercharged millenia engine? I know they used the 2.5 in a bunch of models, but they either had different pistons or heads. This feels like it's on the actual block itself, and not the heads.

#8 ·
does anyone have diagrams for curved necks please i need one bad i am more confused than a blind les**** in a fish market haha

#11 ·
Mr.Lambera. ;)) O, i know where this pluged hole for. On KLDE engine's some have electrical cord with the plug in the end. If your battery die, you can charge it from any electrical applience or what ever.... From picture of Nothing connects to the OUT flange and should be left alone.

#20 ·
Dude, I saw it with my eyes. I cant mistaken like that... Only if there other plug looking like that, but I dont think there is one. Right besides EGR sensor, little bit lower. I where very surprised.

P.S. Sorry for missleading information... Its not so a lot.. ;))

#24 ·
sorry syntax...there would be no reason to plug in a mx6 for cold winter starts... its not a high compression engine using glow plugs and it's not carburated. only reason it would be there is because someone else installed it, not Mazda

rofl copter

Besides the point, there is no reason for you be posting about this is a klze FAQ. If you want to then open your own thread (maybe it will stay open?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.