post #1 of (permalink) Old 4-24-19, 11:20 Thread Starter
bobmxrx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Power: 0

locate Body shop in Ottawa - your opinion

Hey,

Its been almost 6-7 years i haven't been on here since my mx-6 was totalled in an accident.
I decided to buy two more hahaha (1 for parts) last year.
I got a 1993 mx-6 V6 and in the process of doing a turbo setup.

Over the weekend, I pulled the engine out, remove the fenders, bumpers and hood. SURPRISE!!! I have a few rusts spots and damage from a previous collision (Previous owner).

There is rust on the fender rail towards the back next to the hood hinges (window/door area), (like most mx6).
- On one side, only the top plate is affected
- On the other side, all 3 plates are affected but doesn't seem like it hit the frame yet.

Also on the driver side, at the end of the fender rail where the rad support connects is where it was involved in an impact. I also want to get this fixed, it would need to be cut out and install a good one without the ripple effect . I already have the replacement piece (should be good).

I am trying to find a good reliable , reasonable shop that will repair this and not have rust return in 2 years. Im in the Ottawa region, the vehicle will need to be towed.

Any opinions or options would be appreciated.
My current body man doesn't want to work on my cars since he broke his wrist and only booking minor jobs.

I dont feel like waiting another year to have this on the road.

Thank you everyone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome