Anyone ever owned a second gen Ford probe/Mazda Mx6? - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 5-3-19, 5:24 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Power: 0

Anyone ever owned a second gen Ford probe/Mazda Mx6?

I really like these body styles but there isn't too much info out there on em so I figured I'd come here and ask. The only models I'm interested in are the v6 5 speeds. Does anyone have any insight on how reliable these things were? Things I should look out for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 5-3-19, 12:31 Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Anyone ever owned a second gen Ford probe/Mazda Mx6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryBraxton View Post
I really like these body styles but there isn't too much info out there on em so I figured I'd come here and ask. The only models I'm interested in are the v6 5 speeds. Does anyone have any insight on how reliable these things were? Things I should look out for?
Lorem Ipsum Temp Mail 10 Minute Mail
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 7-7-19, 8:31

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

I've owned 2 Probe GT's. The first one I bought new in 1994 and went through 3 auto transmissions in the 6 years I had it. Motor was solid tho.

My Manual 1993 Probe GT I owned for 16 years...13 years before I decided to do a low-mileage JDM Mazda swap. Worst mistake I ever made.... (Mainly because of the wiring not being the same as factory Probe GT harnesses)

I'm in the process of buying back the 1993 in a couple weeks from the guy I sold it to then going to make a few changes. Car has been very reliable tho.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 7-9-19, 1:31

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Power: 5

Garage
If you maintain it it should last you a long time. there is tons of info on here about the 2nd gens.

I have a cousin that still drives his probe around, it rides smooth and still passes Cali smog.

Mx-7 Project reborn! -F2T in a FC RX-7 (400hp?)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 8-10-19, 23:34

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Hello mate. New member here. I've owned a 1997 GT SU with 5-speed for a year and a half now. I purchased it for a princely sum, minus registration plates, and with 202 odd thousand kilometres on the clock. It still drives tight and solid, even after all these years.
The only gripes I have are that the abundantly plastic interior rattles and squeaks when accelerating firmly, and the design of the driver's seat lumbar support sees it inevitably wearing.
Other than that, it's an awesome vehicle, and wouldn't sell it for anything. Amazingly, it still turns heads.

Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page