2nd Gen Forced induction member/car database - Page 2 - Mazda MX-6 Forum
View Poll Results: Did you find this helpful?
Yes! This is what we needed! 127 85.23%
It's OK but my system is my secret and it stays like that. 7 4.70%
Nope, we don't need a thread like this. 4 2.68%
Okay, we already know you have a turbo. Why don't you just boost away now. 11 7.38%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 6-18-03, 7:19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

Car/Model/Engine/Year: 626/hatchback/1.8 FP 16V/1995

Method of forced induction used: KKK/audi turbocharger, watercooled center jacket. Integral wastegate. This unit was bought as a used turbo from an Audi A4 1.8T. WILL be upgrading soon to an Audi TT charger or a T3.

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Starion Intercooler

Piping/drive system for SC's: Custom made setup from the scratch. 2" intake piping from turbo to IM. Exhaust has been upgraded to 2" with a dual tips also.

Fuel mods: Added Bosch 250 LPH fuel pump, 2 Nippon Denso 440 ml additional injectors - currently just using one. Injector is controlled by a programmable SMT unit.

Engine/tranny mods: Stock internals, reinforced pressure plate and organic disk - should be good for around 350 hp.

Special features on your system: Oil pressure/temp gauges, HKS boost gauge, A/F Gauge, HKS SSQV, programmable ignition via maps on a laptop. Mechanical boost control, soon upgrading to an A'pexi AVC-R.

Performance: Dynoed to 168 whp - it's faster than a stock V6.

Was it hard to come up with this: Yes - you need to have a lot of knowledge and special tools combined with a lot of creativity.

What is your knowledge about cars: I don't have education on working on cars, but reading maximum boost, a lot of internet resources and talking to experienced turbo system builders helped me reach my goal.

How long did it take to build your system: Shopping took around 1 month, but the install itself was done in 2 days.

How much money have you spent on this all: I have spend 3000$ on parts and a little labour on the side. Will be spending more soon, and i have not regret spending 500$ on my programmable fuel/ignition management.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Gain your knowledge, take your time, plan before you do, don't save your $ on the fuel system. Sadly, i've experienced that usually the EXPENSIVE parts actually are a lot better than the cheap ones - take my HKS boost gauge as an example. I compared it with my one of my buds 35$ gauge, and it was a lot smoother plus it showed 0.1 bar more boost at top end, and it didn't fluctuate under vacuum. Fuel and ignition are ESSENTIAL

Last edited by Mazdarati; 7-9-04 at 3:34.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 7-24-03, 10:30

Power: 5

I'll Play your silly little games....
my system has Twin garrett t2's one off each bank, oil cooled.

The system was originally a TKT kit. But honestly it turned out being entirely custom as none of his **** fit..and it was missing mad parts.

Intercooled, althought that came with the kit. Its a pretty good size.

So far stock internals, but hopefully not to much longer. I have an aluminum elbow thanks to Toastier, phelonic spacers, a bored out TB, intake with vris removed and honed, copper headgasket, my optima battery is in the trunk.

Exhaust is 3" mandle bent, using a Random Technologys Cat and an Apexi muffler

The fuel system is currently running a 255lph in tank pump, millinia injectors, safc, an adjustable fuel regulator, liquid filled in engine bay pressure gauge.

I've added Autometer boost, egt temp, and A/F ratio gauges, turbo X boost controller and blowoff valve. Nx Intercooler kit, Denso iraduim plugs, oil relocation kit, oil pressure regulator, PRD bolt kit, indiglo gauges, Scroth seat belts, sparco shifter, and petals.

My tranny has the stage 3 clutch/fidensa flywheel combo, and a probesport short throw shifter.

My suspension uses ground control coilovers with Illumina adjustable shocks with custom perchs.

The whole affair was a pain in the a$$. And as I'm in the Army moneys short so it taken 2 years to get here and i'm still only just beginning. I also have a KLZE powered Probe that requires my love, and money too.

I have AWR engine mounts, AWR endlinks, 19 mm Swarbar, PRD rear strut bar, zx3 front strut bar. RR racing big brake kit.

My next upgrade is going to be Mici's intake! Which I just purchased!!! And the PMO Lower control arms, and traction bar, and 65 mm Trottle body. Msd 6al ignition blaster 3 coil, and probesport modified distributor cap.

Twin T25 Garrett Turbos, FMIC , Jspec lights,Fogs, Xenarc HIDs, turbo timer, Turbo XS BC, & BV, STS, Mici Intake, MSD 6al, Blaster 2 coil, FPR, FMU, S-AFC, 3 gauge pillar, Autometer A/F, O2, Boost, gauges, 3" Apexi Exhaust, CM stage III clutch, Fidensa Flywheel,Walboro 255 LPH fuel pump, 18" volk GTU's, RR-Racing Big Brake Kit, Tokico Illumina's, GC coilovers, Eibach Springs,RSTB, Fstb, Partial Rollcage, Czt stage 4 Valve kit, Copper head gasket, AWR mounts , Etc...

Savannah Racing
My Ride

Last edited by twinturbo6; 8-1-04 at 12:32.
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-5-03, 13:00

I've heard that a Porsche 944 intercooler with a Garrett T25 is one of the best setups to run. thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-5-03, 17:08

Eh sold the car, but guess I should post up anyways....

Car: 95 4cyl

T3/T4 hybrid set up. Spearco fmic, greddy bov, vortech 8:1, walboro 190(never installed), Apexi S-AFC, HKS EVC EZ bc, greddy turbo timer, Clutchmaster Stage I clutch, yada yada yada etc etc... Kit was complety built from scratch by me and my mad scientist Joe...I got the scares to prove it! Took about 2 months working on the weekends.... Dynoed out at like 140 something to the wheels @ 5psi....i cant find my dyno sheet so it might of been high 130s...at any rate ran a 15.1 lighting tire up thru 3rd @4-5psi...was still in test stages hence the low boost...I think I spent a little over 2500 everything.....

Hmm my knowledge of cars.... Been working on them forever, built a mx6, eclipse gsx, corvette, and currently working on my bros 472 pontiac...er thats a 455 bored 60 over. Lets see been working at Autozone for awhile, ASE certified....other than that if i dont know the answer I got dsm master Joe and CMR turbos owner charlie a phone call away to get the answer... my new endeavor is Jeeps...never knew how much fun gettin muddy was...

-John
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-6-03, 22:22
MX6-V6 Turbo
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Grin Very First Post & Very First Hyrbrid

I sort have inherited what you guyz are workin on....

I just bought this 93 mx6 turbo 5 speed, 65k original miles!!. I am having the turbo upgraded by cmr. T3/t4 hybrid nissan 300zx turbo. The impeller stop turning.. the car has fmu, all sorts of fuel upgrades, crap added to the fuel rail, added injectors another mass air, boost controller, ported & polished intake, fuel ratio, boost & fuel pressure guages on the a pillar. a big arse intercooler, 2.5 or 3 inch exhaust all the way out to a magnaflow, 2 alpine amps in da trunk, 3 cd shuttle alpine changer in da dash. eq rite under neath. leather interior thats perfect, pwr evrything. moon roof blah blah blah.

the list goes on and on and on, i cant list everything thats been done to this car. I got the car for a couple grand !!! runs perfect exception of the ded turbo putting the car into vacuum and the intercooler and charge pipes being installed stupidly. I am having cmr redo the turbo and hybrid performance in tampa redo the intercooler and piping. cmr has my turbo right now, and i have em going all out on rebuilding and upgrading it.

Point is this guy called markel half arse installed everything and i have to fix it. At least I got the car for nothing almost.

any thoughts ?

mx6guru we should hook up since we are neighbors. Maybe you can give me pointers on dialing this car in. Hardware is all there, I just need to get all working.

Last edited by MX6-V6 Turbo; 8-6-03 at 22:33.
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-7-03, 14:59

actually you're in luck, I'm off this coming week, so I can meet up any time you want, I'm kinda interested to check out your setup... I'm not very familiar with the v6 engine persay, but yeah I can help you with all the turbo side of it....just give me a call and let me know when you want to meet up....

-John
813-679-7753
post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-18-03, 1:28

Although this isn't my car, the info is on my server so I thought I should post the link.

800HP twin turbo KL V6

Need I say more. The car is built by an Australian race team / shop. I am sure if someone wanted to grenade a 2nd gen box these guys could help out with supplying a powerful motor.

1968 VW Baja, KLZE engine, I'll whip you all, on the sand www.offroadvw.net
www.taylorcycles.com.au - My DH MTB racing brothers shop.
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 9-28-03, 14:36

my turn finally

93 mx6 ls w/ jspec swap

tkt vortech kit, its a v1 blower at 8psi

big blitz front mount 28 x13x3 i believe

tkts driveshaft and belt system, pacesetter headers to a straight 2.25 inch exuast, and 2inch intercooler piping w/ an hks super sequencial bov

265 lph inline fuel pump, dual feed fuel rails, and a cartech fmu for now

headers, full exuast, underdrive pulley(soon to be removed), rawpower stage 4 intake manifold, 68mm throttle body,
spec power stage 2 clutch, and 11# mx3 flywheel

no idea yet

actually it wasnt to hard

well once i got it here it took about 2-3 days to install and redesign everything that didnt work

ive got about 3000 into parts for the sc system and fuel mods

Last edited by 1Lomx; 10-16-03 at 23:50.
post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-16-03, 23:11

1995 Ford Probe GT 2.5 V6

Garrett T3 (T-Bird model) .48 exhaust side / .60 compressor side
*1.75" collector pipes mergine into 2.25" up to the turbo
* 2.5" downpipe, and full 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust to tail pipe
* Gets full boost (6 psi) by 2500 RPMs
* Internally wastegated w/ actuator & 5 bolt ford swing valve

Intercooler: Non-intercooled for this week, till the custom FMIC goes in. The core will be 26" long by 8" tall & 3" thick. Basically its got two 1st gen cores side by side with custom endtanks like this:

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, Vortech 12:1 FMU Stock FPR until replaced with a B&M civic adjustable FPR, Pressure switch controlling the 7th fuel injector (BMW cold start) that sprays at 4 psi and above.

Drivetrain: 98,000 miles presently, Stock internals, Southbend DxD clutch, stock lightenned 18 lb flywheel.

Special features: Autometer boost, A/F gauges, w/ digital fuel pressure guage, 3 gauge a-pillar pod.

So far so good with the car, its running strong.....with the exception of a faulty hybrid turbo that went bad....and is holding up great to the boostK KNOCK ON WOOD! Hopefully with the addition of all the new goodies I have been collecting the car will be a tad more reliable and maybe a little stronger. Boosted Probes & MX6's really do own!

~Dan Brown~ 1995 Probe GT-Turbo - 287whp 307lb-ft **SOLD**
8.7:1 Forged Pistons :: Millenia-S Rods :: ZE Heads/Cams :: MSnSe :: MSD 6a :: NGK Wires :: Eibachs & KYB's
Walbro 255 :: GReddy IC :: Nissan 370 Injectors :: Aeromotive FPR :: DSM BOV :: SB DxD :: AEM W/B
My Probe Website
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 2-25-04, 15:24

Re: 2nd Gen Forced induction member/car database

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX-6 LS 2.5L KLO3/KLDE V6 95

Method of forced induction used: Garrett T3/TO4e Turbocharger, turbine .63 stage III, compressor .70, External Tial 35mm wastegate vented illegally. Both units were bought new.

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: StreetImports 23x9x3 Core with side to side endtanks, 2.5" in/out.

Piping/drive system for SC's: Lower a/c position. Custom made setup from the scratch. 1 3/4" from stock exh. manifolds to 2 1/2" where the 2 pipes merge behind the oil pan and go to turbo, 2.5" downpipe & exhaust system.

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, Cartech/Begi #2025 S-FMU (nice adjustable unit) for on-boost fueling. Bosch adjustable fuel pressure regulator all connected with stainless -6an line. 280cc Millenia injectors.

Engine/tranny mods: Rebuilt KL03 bottom end with stock shotpeened rods, new pistons bored .040 over, KLZE heads with 3angle valve job- ported and polished, KLDE manifold ported with removed VRIS 1. Mated to a Spec stage III 6 puck clutch via a Mx3 flywheel. Custom filled motor mounts.

Special features on your system: Autometer gauges for boost, fuel pressure and A/F.

Performance: Not dynoed but it's MUCH faster than stock.

Was it hard to come up with this: It wasn't all that bad working with the piping but it became quite frustrating at times. I am sure everyone knows just how tight that mx6 engine bay is.

What is your knowledge about cars: I have been working on probes and mx6's for a couple years now and know the whole car pretty well... I have done everything from tranny swaps to engine swaps and rebuilds.

How long did it take to build your system: It took about 2 weeks to design, weld, fabricate and install the system. Definitely a lot more time researching and gathering parts.

How much money have you spent on this all: Most likely somewhere around 2000-2500 with all the labor being performed by myself.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Read, research and take your time.
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 5-1-04, 16:37

Well I am currently installing a turbo system on my 95 2.0 liter MX6.So far the turbo setup is a IHI turbo with a internal wastegate of a 91 ford probe 2.2 liter turbo doner car. I an also using all the other pcs of that car for my kit but Modded of course. I am also using a 91 PGT intercooler,Manual Boost controller, Autometer Boost/vac guage. I am using the stock 95 exhaust manifold, I cut the flange off the bottom of the collector and welded a new flange that mates up to the turbo on it. As of right now I am having some clearance problems with the turbo touching the engine but hopefully tommorow I will have that problem fixed. the oil lines to the turbo and the oil return lines are already done and so far no leaks in the oil system. I used the instructions for the flyin protoge kit for ideas on how to run everything. The time I have spent on this so far was 7 hrs today. (installing the turbo) Countless hrs researching and looking for parts.So far I have spent about 400.00 for the turbo components and piping. Until monday when I order my walbro 190lb fuel pump. Before any body has to ask I was given the turbo and all its components for free.and I am a Mechanic and used to do metal machining so fabing the flange and welding it was no sweat. Hopefully tommorow I finish the install and then install the fuel pump and then let the fun begin.

Last edited by mazda95mx6; 5-30-04 at 23:29. Reason: updating
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 5-12-05, 17:11

im workin on a project car a mx6 twin turbo rebuilt motor with lightweight crank and new cams and gears. if you have any advice tell me
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 5-27-05, 8:41

Car/Model/Engine/Year: 1993 Ford Probe GT.

Method of forced induction used: Garrett T3/T04B turbocharger, basically a compilation of a few blown turbo's and some new bearings/seals.

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Two grafted T-Bird Turbocoupe intercoolers, or no intercooler...

Piping/drive system for SC's: My usual turbo behind radiator piping that I've made for several individuals on PT.

Fuel mods: Walbro 190lph fuel pump, Megasquirt w/Nissan injectors.

Engine/tranny mods: Stock, sheetmetal intake manifold that is currently off the car due to a pinhole leak in a weld... in a very hard to reach location.

Special features on your system: You can't tell it has a turbo unless you realllllly look under the stock air box, that is until the sheetmetal intake is installed.

Performance: 250hp @ 6~7psi

Was it hard to come up with this: Kein Problem

What is your knowledge about cars: Pretty good, a few years of serious work, machinist and engine builder.

How long did it take to build your system: The first system I did with the turbo in the battery location back in 2001 was a PITA and took about 20-25 hours spread over a week. Since I've gotten a few under my belt now, this one took only about 8-10 hours to complete including making all the flanges this time around since I was on a budget.

How much money have you spent on this all: Including megasquirt, fuel injectors, turbo, metal, intercooler, and some other misc. stuff a rough $700-750 not including my labor or tangables like welding wire/gas/electricity.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted:
It is NOT a cheap project unless you have a lot of time or can do it yourself.... if you have both, then you can complete the project for less than a quarter of retail, but don't expect to be lucky.

1994 PGT MS2 370cc KLZE ported heads Turbonetics MX3 flywheel ceramic clutch ** sold
1980 Fairmont 4-door, S472, Megasquirt, 351C.
2002 Focus SVT.
2003 Mach 1, 5.0 stroker, T76, yep, it's fast.
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 9-6-05, 16:47

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX-6 2.0L FS01 I4 '93

Method of forced induction used: Garrett T3 turbocharger, watercooled center jacket, turbine ..42, compressor .48. Integral wastegate.

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: SRT-4 front mount intercooler

Piping/drive system for SC's: Custom made setup from the scratch polished aluminum 2.5" mandrel bent piping, 2.5" downpipe & exhaust system

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, aeromotive AFPR, Apexi SAFC 2, gen 330cc injectors

Engine/tranny mods: built motor je pistons pauter rods port and polished stainless valves, aluminum springs and retainers, SPEC III clutch mated with Fidanza 9lbs. flywheel.

Special features on your system: Autometer gauges for a/f, boost, oil pressure

Performance: Not dynoed but it's faster than stock.

Was it hard to come up with this: It's not an easy task to create a pipe hassle like this. If you have the skills and knowledge, there is nothing to be afraid of on creating your own.

What is your knowledge about cars: I don't have education on working on cars, but spending 10 years around cars has given me a lot of knowledge. I learned the turbo fundamentals on reading and searching for the knowledge and asking around for things. Get Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. It's awesome reading for your boost addicted mind.

How long did it take to build your system: Well it took around 3 months for me to plan everything. instal was in 1 afternoon.

How much money have you spent on this all: I calculated under 2000USD so far on boost and fuel. I've been doing my own labour and that has set the price lower.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Gain your knowledge, plan before you do, don't be too itchy to save some dollars on critical things.

93' blue MX6 , anything and everything modified

head of something in NESO
aka "deep pockets"
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 9-15-05, 22:10

I have waited so long to do this... It's not running perfect, but it's to the point that I can finally add myself to the list

Car/Model/Engine/Year: 1993 Mx6 LS 2.5V6

Method of forced induction used: Turbo, Precision SC60 Oil cooled

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Intercooled, Spearco Bar and Plate, 28x8.5x3 Core

Piping/drive system for SC's: Dangerous Dan Racing Hot pipes 1.875" Primaries to a 2.25" Collector, 2.5" Downpipe, Custom Intercooler Pipes, 2" Turbo to intercooler, 2.5" Intercooler to Throttle Body

Fuel mods: Millenia S 280CC Injectors, Dual feed Fuel rails, Tapped FPR mount, 6AN Feed and return, Aeromotive Dual AFPR, Walbro 255lph Fuel pump, GM quick disconnect fuel filter back by the tank, Removed OE filter

Engine/tranny mods: CZT 67MM TB, Magnacor 8.5MM Plug Wires,
VRIS removed, Tapped 1/8npt vacuum ports, GM Intake Air Temp. Sender, Megasquirt Msns Standalone Engine Management, RR-Racing Short Throw Shifter, RR-Racing Poly-Urethane Linkage Bushings, Clutchmasters Stage III Clutch, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel,
MSP Limited Slip Diff., RR-Racing Motor Mount Inserts
Blitz SSDD BOV, Tial 38mm Wastegate,

Special features on your system: I got the custom boost to no ends mod right now (Wastegate is bad)

Performance: Not dynoed, But feels damn good

Was it hard to come up with this: Not hard, Just time consuming.

What is your knowledge about cars: ASE certed Tech., Moddin is an Avid hobby of mine... Even still, It wasn't easy.

How long did it take to build your system: 2 Years, Mostly because I did change my mind on so much stuff, And at times had no time to work on it.. there were a few times it went 4-5 months with me not even looking at it.

How much money have you spent on this all: Turbo/Engine/Drivetrain- I guestimate somewhere near $9,000

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Definetly think about what you want long and hard.. Make sure you have the specifics down, and also take into account that a car like this sees just as much downtime as it does on the streets.

When I missed our Anniversary, I figured I'd be at her Birthday.
When I missed her Birthday, I figured I'd see her on Christmas.
When I missed her on Christmas, she understood my priorities.
When Paintball Comes First, Nothing Comes Second.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page