2nd Gen Forced induction member/car database - Page 3 - Mazda MX-6 Forum
View Poll Results: Did you find this helpful?
Yes! This is what we needed! 127 85.23%
It's OK but my system is my secret and it stays like that. 7 4.70%
Nope, we don't need a thread like this. 4 2.68%
Okay, we already know you have a turbo. Why don't you just boost away now. 11 7.38%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-11-05, 20:33

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

Exclamation 2.0LTurbo help

I have a 93 mx-6 4 Cylinder Ok so I have the turbo, manifold, oil lines, intercooler and piping, and blowoff valve, now before i put everything on do i need to change anything in the computer or can i just bolt it up and go, i have heard that just by putting on a fuel pressure regulator and giving it more pressure will do it but i dont know, I do know that since its a 93 i cant just reflash the computer so if anybody know what i need to do please help!!!!!!!!

Last edited by J-Flow; 10-18-05 at 10:27.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-17-05, 12:51
Underconstruction

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Power: 5

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Flow
I have a 93 mx-6 LS 4 Cylinder Ok so I have the turbo, manifold, oil lines, intercooler and piping, and blowoff valve, now before i put everything on do i need to change anything in the computer or can i just bolt it up and go, i have heard that just by putting on a fuel pressure regulator and giving it more pressure will do it but i dont know, I do know that since its a 93 i cant just reflash the computer so if anybody know what i need to do please help!!!!!!!!
a 4 banger LS
if your car is an LS it should be a V6

BOOSTED KLZE
post #33 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-30-05, 11:31

Car/Model/Engine/Year: 1993 Mx-3 GS BP swap (not V6)

Method of forced induction used: Garret T3/T4 Hybrid turbo TO4B V1/V2 with .63 Stage 3

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Spearco Intercooler

Piping/drive system for SC's: Mandrel Brent 2 1/4 turbo to IC/ 2 1/2 IC to Trothle

Fuel mods: 3/8 Braided line from tank to fuel rail, 1/2 custom Fuel Rail, Bosch 340 Phytom Fuel Pump, 550 injectors (rx7) Aeromotive -10 1-1 fuel regulator

Engine/tranny mods: Ford Explorer trothle body, B6T connecting rods, stock pistons, ACT Xtreme clutch with 4 pucks solid. Home made LSD (jejej welded)

Special features on your system: Electromotive HPX with 8.5 Accel spark plugs

Performance: last time in dyno, 262whp @ 15 psi. 11.3 A/F Ratio

Was it hard to come up with this:

What is your knowledge about cars: My bestfriend for years is my mecanic, i learn with him everything

How long did it take to build your system:I have this turbo setup up with minors mods in another car (kia Sephia)

How much money have you spent on this all: Ufff, not much really

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: A good Bank Account

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GS with FE3n Engine Swap 425whp 10.8 @ 129mph (@ the Junkyard)
1994 Mazda Mx-3 RS with FE3n Engine Swap 362whp 11.5 @ 118mph on pump Gas 93oct (Sold)
2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited Stock 17.3 @ 76mph (Just my Wife use it)
1993 Mazda B2600 Cab Plus ---- Just for Work
1997 VW Jetta Vr6 Supercharged (Daily Driving Car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-20-05, 21:08

please help, MAJOR novice... just learning about cars

after reading all of the posts i have alot of questions, i plan on researching ALOT because thats what it seems everyone has done before even considering turbo... i do have a question that i dont think i could find on a website.... ive noticed that most people seem to have a 93 Ls-T 2.5L v6 and not to many other years, i have a 96 Ls m-edition... im not sure on what internals, turbo, or anything else i need or should get, i kind of figured id just copy someones set-up from here... now my question is: is it possible to just do that, and are there things in the way that i would have to relocate, modify, or move in-order to do that... thanks to anyone who can let me know
post #35 of 84 (permalink) Old 2-26-06, 17:02

Just recently boosted the 2.0. Im running a modest 5psi for the time being to see how everything holds up. So far so good.

Turbo is a T3/T4 hybrid, 38mm wasgate and a 24x12x3 front mount(a pain to mount). BOV sounds great. Fuel is being managed for now by an adjustable cartech FMU. Need to do some tunning, running rich as hell a 5psi.

I bought the kit off ebay, xspower kit, and havent had a problem yet. Its been about a month and no problems besides having to relocate the radiator to the front side of the core support after destroying the first one.

The kit was ment for a Integra but that changed after cutting off the flang and welding on the mx-6 one.

93 MX-6 2.0 Turbo
94 PROBE GT future turbo
post #36 of 84 (permalink) Old 2-26-06, 17:21

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX6, RS-T 2.0L, Built MSP Bottom End, 1993

Method of forced induction used: Garrett T25 turbocharger, watercooled, turbine .42, compressor .48. Internal wastegate.

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Spearco FMIC

Piping/drive system for SC's: Custom made setup from the scratch 2in. intercooler piping and 2.5in downpipe.

Fuel mods: Walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump, Vortec 12:1 FMU, Denso 330cc Injectors

Engine/tranny mods: Complete MSP bottom end including MSP pistons, rods and crank, Clevite77 main and rod bearings, Federal piston rings, Metal headgasket, mild ported and polished head w/ FSZE intake cam. As for the tranny, was completly rebuilt new 1,2,3 gears, all new syncros, and new shift forks, with a Spec Stage 3 clutch.

Special features on your system: Autometer Sport Comp Boost, Air/Fuel and Oil Pressure gauges. MSD 6a Ignition, Nology Hotwires.

Performance: Not dynoed or track tested yet, but have had many kills and at 6psi i will walk on an 97 Eclipse GST w/minimal mods (best friend got one and he runs 14.2 in the 1/4),

Was it hard to come up with this: Definatly was not easy, but my main goal was to build it right and build it STRONG...

What is your knowledge about cars: Im 22 right now and been working on cars since iv been about 12 with the father, got my first car wehn i was 15 which was a 90 Talon TSi AWD turbo.. And just about ever since then iv owned about 14 cars and they were all turbo, or i made them turbo...

How long did it take to build your system: Engine build up took me a couple months because of lack of time and trying to find parts. Turbo setup, got off one of my best friends....Dennis aka grangalen, thanks for the good price..., this project has just BEGUN....

How much money have you spent on this all: Well in all my mods, including engine rebuild and turbo setup, around $3000-$3500, and its still going because im still buying.....lol....its a never ending project.....

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Make sure you have enough knowledge before you attemp to build anything turbo. Definatly make sure you have the funds also, its better to pay more now, then pay less and have more trouble in the long run. Boosting is definatly HIGH MAINTANCE....

Most of my mods are in my sig., any other questions, just ask....

Last edited by HiPrsur; 7-15-06 at 12:28.
post #37 of 84 (permalink) Old 3-20-06, 19:47

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX6, LS, 2.5L V-6, 1993

Method of forced induction used: Clutched Eaton M62 Supercharger

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Not at the moment

Piping/drive system for SC's: Custom 2.5" piping throughout

Fuel mods: Walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump, Nissan 370cc Injectors, AFPR

Engine management: Megasquirt N Spark-extra + Stock ECU

Engine/tranny mods: XTD Sprung 6 puck clutch, MX3 Flywheel

Special features on your system: Boost, Oil pressure, Fuel Pressure and O2 gauges

Performance: Faster than stock, no dyno or track time yet

Was it hard to come up with this: It wasn't particularly difficult

What is your knowledge about cars: 7 years of formal training. B.S. in Automotive Technology from the #1 Ranked Automotive program in the U.S. (SIUC)

How long did it take to build your system: About two months. One month research and one month fabricating components

How much money have you spent on this all: My initial setup was around $700. Since then about $1800 has been spent on the system as a whole.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Research, research and more research. Make sure you do your homework and know what you're getting into.

Last edited by dsr30; 11-10-06 at 2:39.
post #38 of 84 (permalink) Old 3-25-06, 16:51

hey did you have to custom your pipes? and did it say you were running stock headers?!? I'm researching alot on turbo-ing my ls. Its gunna be a tuffy but im looking forward to it...i just need info on pipes and IC's
post #39 of 84 (permalink) Old 4-28-06, 11:50

last build was for the mx6 rs 2.0

i make it short

HIH VJ11 TURBO from a 1st gen $50.00

intercooler...neon srt4 $100.00

1st gen injectors 330.cc $40.00

FPR with gauge $50.00

intercooler pipes..$60.00

rubber boots $20.00

oil lines $ 40.00

total...$360.00 took 2 days to build. (1 day planning 1 day labor)

running 14.3 at 6psi with soft tires(still stock internals) car needs tunning i am on the rich to be safe.

not bad just 1 ten of a sec slower than my 350z. (i raced the 350 and my bro the mx6)
post #40 of 84 (permalink) Old 6-18-06, 22:56

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mici
Doh. I'm the only boosted 2nd Gen? Oh well...

Mici
I've got a 2nd gen with a S/C in it. Boosted w/an Eaton M90 230 SLK intercooler, Colt S/C Cams, MSD 6BTM w/Boost Retard, wallbro 255 fuel pump, Megasquirt, Melenia S injectors, and a MBX dual feed FPR are comming soon

Last edited by Robot#666; 7-20-06 at 9:29.
post #41 of 84 (permalink) Old 7-14-06, 0:29
Banned

'93 pgt-sc Mr.Speed m62 s/c kit with driveshaft, non intercooled,stock kl03, colt turbo cams, Mr.Speed clutch, all the ignition and fuel goodies, megasquirt with fuel only. 6-7 psi and finally cracked a ring with bad timing.

'95 pgt-t turbonetics t3-to4e .63/.50 6psi wastegate,non intercooled, stock kl03,ACT clutch,All the igintion and
fuel goodies, with full standalone megasquirt.

Last edited by Goatcrapp; 7-14-06 at 9:30.
post #42 of 84 (permalink) Old 7-14-06, 9:16

Thumbs down

Shure looks like a Eaton M90 to me

Last edited by Goatcrapp; 7-14-06 at 9:30.
post #43 of 84 (permalink) Old 7-15-06, 12:21
Banned

Rob i see after a long time of being afraid of blowing your engine, you removed your Scirocco radiator and put in your stocker along with that blower just to prove to me you are boosted again. Hmm you sure went thru a lot of trouble to prove me something. Here let me remind you what your engine bay last looked like and note the date posted...........http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/250549

Anyways on to some real up to date pics............

Last edited by mac1; 7-15-06 at 12:26.
post #44 of 84 (permalink) Old 7-15-06, 18:37

Thumbs up

Wow, you are as dumb as you look I never said that pic was recent I said it was Boosted when I first bought it, that is a pic shortly after I got the car from Mike N. I see the date of the pic you have was posted in 2005, It's 2006 now. here is a more recent pic of the engine bay, only about 2 months old. S/C goes back in when I get my MS :flipa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1
Rob i see after a long time of being afraid of blowing your engine, you removed your Scirocco radiator and put in your stocker along with that blower just to prove to me you are boosted again. Hmm you sure went thru a lot of trouble to prove me something. Here let me remind you what your engine bay last looked like and note the date posted...........http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...y/media/250549

Last edited by Robot#666; 7-15-06 at 19:51.
post #45 of 84 (permalink) Old 7-20-06, 3:55

Hello Peps I want to get some info on supercharged 2nd gens, any one post up some links to pics or a kit i can buy! Thanks ps not the $5000 dollar thomas night one thats a littel to much $. Or maby show me how people used a Eaton M90 to boost there car, how and what pully they used to get 4-7 psi ect... thanks karma to them who hook me up with good info
~ty~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page