2nd Gen Forced induction member/car database - Page 5 - Mazda MX-6 Forum
View Poll Results: Did you find this helpful?
Yes! This is what we needed! 127 85.23%
It's OK but my system is my secret and it stays like that. 7 4.70%
Nope, we don't need a thread like this. 4 2.68%
Okay, we already know you have a turbo. Why don't you just boost away now. 11 7.38%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-7-06, 14:35

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Power: 5

Car/Model/Engine/Year: Ford/Probe GT/KL-ZE/1995 (car, motor unknown)

Method of forced induction used: T3/T04

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Yep, probably about the largest one you can use without removing or modifying the bumper support (bad Karma to remove it).

Piping/drive system for SC's: Ludespeed hot pipes to my HS Gen V primaries and made my own FMIC pipes.

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 HP fuel pump, Aeromotive AFR holding back a dual feed setup.

Engine/tranny mods: Stock 10:1 compression internals, CM IIR clutch mated with Fidanza 9lbs. flywheel. Yes, I said CM IIR.. and over 10k miles on it with boost as well as 40k on the clutch total by me.

Special features on your system: LM-1 and LC-1 wieband controllers with an XD-1 digital gauge. Megasquirt goodness of course. Hmm, not much of it's really "special" though unless you want to call me "special" for making the efficient power that I do.

Performance: 317whp @ 8.5psi is the last time I went to the dyno. Raised the boost since, but why bother spending the cash on dyno since no one else does.

Was it hard to come up with this: I pieced it all together from parts from eBay to Summit to the boards (hot pipes). Now it'd be even easier and cheaper.

What is your knowledge about cars: When I started the project, I knew almost nothing about these cars. Now, it almost bothers me how much I know about a car that's been out of production for 9 years.

How long did it take to build your system: 3 weeks to install it. This was a foolish idea but I was unemployed and had all the parts sitting there so there I went with another friend (Hankman on here I think) freezing in late october/early november. I wouldn't do it again like that. Definitely take my time next time around.

How much money have you spent on this all: I've never added it up. I refuse to.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Take things slow for the install and running it at first. It's not just a wrenching job that you can go mash the gas on first time out if you expect any of these motors (especially any stock internal'd ones) to last long.

Jeff ~ 1995 PGT ZE-T MSnS-E v3 (317whp @ 8.5psi / 275whp @ 5.5psi)
PARTING A LOT OF 2g and 1g STUFF
FS: Borla for sale.
FS: Clear headlight covers, headlight, fog, tail, gauge cluster
90 PGT MTX with 97k original miles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-7-06, 22:13

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX-6 LS 2.5L KLO3/KLDE V6 '94

Method of forced induction used:
Turbonetics T3/T04E 60-1 Compressor .60/ Turbine .63, Stage 3 Exhaust wheel.
Tial 38mm Wastegate, custom dumped to down pipe.
Xo2 (TWI) Stainless Steel Hot Pipes,
Tial 50mm Polished BOV
NitrousWorks N20, Purge and Intercooler Cooling

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Custom Bar and Plate Intercooler 28”lenght x 6”height x 2.5thick with 2.5 Ends.

Piping/drive system for SC's: Mild Steel 2.0 pipes turbo to Intercooler, 2.0 pipeing after Intercooler, transitioned to aluminum 2.5 pipe to the throttle body.

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, Mbx Ultimate Fuel Pressure Regulator Setup. Megasquirtnspark v2.2, Nissan 480cc pinktops in modded rails.

Engine/tranny mods: Stock internals, Clutch Masters II Clutch, Mbx Lightweight Underdrive Pulley, MSD Plug Wires,MSD Blaster 3 coil, PRD Disty Cap , 2.5 custom mandrel bent full exhuast w/ Ultra flow Performance Muffler, Greddy Profec S Electric Boost Controller, Blitz FATT,

Special features on your system: Was able to keep the foglights with such a large intercooler and not have pipes under the chassis. Wastegate custom dumped to the down pipe, was able to keep the Oil Cooler, Relocated Windsheild washer resivor, Relocated coolant resivor, Custom Motor Mount, Custom Heat shields.

Performance: I cant seem to keep the lead out of my foot

Was it hard to come up with this: I actually installed it all on my own. It was challenge, but it wasent the impossible. But Im kinda smart n stuff.

What is your knowledge about cars: I can honestly say ive gone through my mx6 completely, from body, to motor, to interior, right down to the electrical. Im also a deisel mechanic and work on many cars.

How long did it take to build your system: About 10 months gathering parts on a small budget. 10hrs to install, 8hrs fabrication/modification work, 10hrs to install IC and pipes, and probably 20hrs fixing odds and ends, making stuff better.

How much money have you spent on this all:$$2500+

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Save up about $2500.00. Then one day go crazy on buying parts and install it all in less then a month. Best case scenario is you realize spending that much money on your car is absurd and back out before you spent one cent.
Also, Dont buy knock off parts.

Last edited by KING6; 11-18-07 at 2:13.
post #63 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-20-06, 16:33
The Full Dong

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Car/Model/Engine/Year:
MX-6 LS 2.5L KLZE

Garret 60-1 / T3 Stg3 .63 Exhaust, Turbonetics EVO wastegate, Tial BOV, ludespeed knockoff pipes

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: 28X7X2.5 Bar Plate

Piping: Ludespeed knockoff pipes. made my own fmic piping

Fuel mods: 500cc nissan side feeds, aeromotive fpr, dual feed, walbro 255hp, and megasquirt running it all.

Engine/tranny mods: stock internals, Current ceramic 6puck with stock PP (switching to OFE Stage4 from SBC), trans saver, 65mm TB

Special features on your system: Full megasquirt control, NO MORE DISTRIBUTOR, no more VAF. Complete DIS ignition system under MS control.

Performance: 327whp / 303ft/lbs @ 9.5psi

Was it hard to come up with this: The third time around turboing the car was not very difficult.

What is your knowledge about cars: enough for my purposes

How long did it take to build your system: on and off for a few months. Wasn't in a rush with the new setup.

How much money have you spent on this all: too much

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Do it right the first time around and the car will reward you. Don't expect to spend $1000 and have a reliable and well working setup. These engines take to boost very well and will last a long time if you take care of it.

Turbo KL 400whp/407tq - SHAODOME @ PROBETALK
Successfully Megasquirted: 94 MX6-ZEt, 92 MX3 ZE, 94 MX6 LS, 96 PGT ZE, 96 PGT w/ every bolton, 93 PGT, 93 PGTZE, 95 PGT ZE, Celica GTS built 20v-turbo, 95 PGT, 97 PGT ZE, 97 MX6 KLZE, 97 PGT w/ botlons, Mazguy's Built MX-6 Turbo, 97 Mustang V6 EDIS, Delorean with a T70 Turbo, and a 87' Built 1.8t VW Golf (25psi),97 SE-T. No more sig space
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-26-06, 15:59

Location: 5900 ft above you aka the highest elevation state in the USA

Car/Model/Engine/Year: 94 MX-3 GS 2.5L KLDE

Method of forced induction used: Holset HY35, 9cm housing, internal wastegate with t-bird turbo actuator, custom bracket

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: 22X6X3.5 Bar Plate SSautochrome

Piping: All custom built by yours truly. 2.5" crush bent cat-back exhaust

Fuel mods: 515cc nissan pinktops flow tested and cleaned, walbro 255hp, megasquirt'n'spark, stock disty

Engine/tranny mods: stock engine with 165k miles, southbend OFE disc with ACT HD pressure plate

Special features on your system: In cabin low/high boost on a toggle switch

Performance: 403 whp 412 ft lbs (see sig)

Was it hard to come up with this: No

What is your knowledge about cars: more than most

How long did it take to build your system: new turbo kit took 2 weeks, about 70 hrs

How much money have you spent on this all: not a lot

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: read and dont ask questions unless you're trying something new

94 MX3: 400+ whp E85 alcoholic. 13.0 @ 114 Gone but never forgotten.
01 Yamaha YZ250
04 Suzuki GSX-R600 12.55 @ 115.4
98 Ford Ranger 2wd- 5.0L TT 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs
95 PGT- lowered, 18's, n/a and staying that way
post #65 of 84 (permalink) Old 4-20-07, 14:37

Power: 0

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX-6 LS 2.5L KLO3/KLDE V6 '93

Method of forced induction used: Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid 60 trim, stage 3 exhaust turbine wheel, with Turbonetics Godzilla BOV, and TurboSmart 38mm wastegate

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: PWR air-to-water "barrel" style front mounted

Piping/drive system for SC's: pre-fabbed hot pipes, and i custom made the IC pipes: 2.5" into 3" right before intake manifold

Fuel mods: none so far... need some help getting my MS put in

Engine/tranny mods: Pauter Forged Billet 4340 Rods, Wiseco Forged 8.5:1 pistons, custom Clevite 77 Rod & Main bearings, Toga high flow oil pump, custom stainless oil filter, Fully ported and port matched heads,

Special features on your system:

Performance: not sure yet, haven't tuned it yet, still breaking in motor

Was it hard to come up with this: YES!!!!

What is your knowledge about cars: pretty thorough, but never enough

How long did it take to build your system: 2 weeks, 2 days

How much money have you spent on this all: TOO MUCH!!

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Invest in some Tylenol or Excedrin Stock
post #66 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-4-07, 5:59
Banned

Car/Model/Engine/Year: ONE HALF ASSED MX-6 2.5L KLO3/KLDE V6 '92

1st Ebay T3/T04e(boosted over 3,000rpm no fun) ... can't remember but it was like king6's
2nd Ebay T3 45trim Compressor .48 / Turbine .42 (will be swapped on soon)
Tial "Style"38mm Wastegate, dump to atmosphere
Apexi Style twin chamber BOV

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Nothing water injection coming soon

Piping/drive system for SC's: 2.5" Alu pipe + stock intake

Fuel mods: Blox 12:1 FMU .... the end

Engine/tranny mods: Stock internals, stock clutch, gutted cat with no other system

Special features on your system: the best half assed system on the damn site

Performance: Faster than a lightly mod'ed 200sx s14

Was it hard to come up with this: nope a few boltz & nutz a day for 4 months while waiting on 12 months of drivers license suspension.

What is your knowledge about cars: ummm pretty much nothing but slightly more than my mum

How long did it take to build your system: 30-1h per day about 2-3days per week..... 4hours every weekend

How much money have you spent on this all: USD $1100

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: be half ass'd like me and you'd thank me for the rest of your life + itz good for health

Last edited by copex; 8-4-07 at 21:36.
post #67 of 84 (permalink) Old 9-29-07, 20:32

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX-6 RS-T 2.0L '95

Ebay turbo T3/T4 .57 trim
Turbonetics 38mm DeltaGate wastegate 5-7psi spring
Type S style BOV
Intercooled or not, type of your choice: air to air ebay intercooler

Piping/drive system for SC's: 2.5 alum. ebay kit

Fuel mods: begi fmu, 1st gen 330cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump, afpr

Engine/tranny mods: XTD stage II clutch, findanza flywheel, rr-racing short shift and bushing

Special features on your system: Autometer cobalt oil pressure and boost/vac. gauges, LC-1 wideband and digital a/r gauge, a/c delete, MSD coil, k&n filter, hiboost log manifold, 1 stage colder plugs, ngk wires

Performance: 4psi other than that i dont know

Was it hard to come up with this: not really this site and probe talk has tons of info to help.

What is your knowledge about cars: my dads a mechanic so i know a good bit, i do most all of my own work
How long did it take to build your system: to get all the parts probally 3 months, to actually put it on a month and a half on the weekends. having a garage full of all the tools you need and a pit helped.

How much money have you spent on this all: 1500$ about
What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: do it

It's not until your car does a 5th gear burnout on the highway that you take a step back and mutter "OH SHIT"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/803477

Last edited by alanmx6; 12-20-07 at 21:25.
post #68 of 84 (permalink) Old 11-12-07, 18:32

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Car/Model/Engine/Year: MX-6 LS 2.5L KLO3/KLDE V6 '94

Method of forced induction used: ebay T3/T4 hybrid. full ebay kit, headers/crossover pipe/dowpipe.

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: not now. too much work to route the piping. also not really needed for 4 psi. plus the intercooler they gave me was enough for 30 pounds.

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, Vortech 12:1 FMU, Stock FPR, Mazda Millenia S Fuel injectors, Cleaned fuel rails,

Engine/tranny mods: nothing internal to either, just a short shifter.

Special features on your system: one of the only non intercooled on here , AEM wideband EUGO gauge, autometer boost/vaccum and oil PSI gauges, completely custom intake pipe,

Performance: im scared to floor it, if its this fast on 4psi non intercooled, and can not imagine what you guys running on 8 or 9 w/ a fmic are at. your all nuts.

Was it hard to come up with this: YES and NO. if you study about how a turbo works, what you need, and especially WHY you need it. i cant tell you how many kids at the automotive school im at can tell you what honda motor can fit/swap in another honda car, and what their names are (klze,klde is us, they blab about b16, b20, h22/23, serdet20 whatnot), but if you ask them how VTEC works, they dont even know. i dont care if you know every motor honda has ever made, and you know each ones HP and torque, if you cant tell me every damn detail about how they put power to the wheels you are a fool in my mind. if you dont know HOW a turbocharger makes your car faster then dont do it.

i personally could not have gotten this done without this website.
the other main help was a friend who ownes an independant car shop, and he also has a full out machine shop in his house. he welded everything for me, and he is the main reason it is done.

What is your knowledge about cars: well, my dad has had numerous cars sence ive been alive. i helped him build a 59 oldsmobile when i was about 11 or 12. i have allways been fascinated with cars (especially turbos. it was my goal when i was 13 to one day own a turbocharged car. i NEVER expected it to happen this fast. i am only 17 now).
I was basically tought to just figure the [shizzle] out. read the manual, and try to put it back together.

How long did it take to build your system: mmm i kinda just one day decided i was gonna do it, and spent a [shizzle] ton of money on parts required for a turbo build in one week. i put everything on as i got it (fmu, fuel pump {which was a bitch. had to do it in my garage with only a jack!) and whatever else i had that could go on before the turbo.
once i got all the pipes, it took about 3 days to get all the pipes in, and about a week to make it drivable.

How much money have you spent on this all: i would say 2500 is a fair number. but the money NEVER stops, every weekend i find myself heading back to the parts store and buying something else.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted:

DO YOUR RESEARCH.
i studed so hard for about 4 months on what all i needed, and i STILL didnt have anywhere near what it took. be prepaired to spend some money.

Would you do it again?
Yes. i think if you are interested in cars, and you have spare money, then go for it. it is an AWESOME learning experience.

I personally would have waited untill the spring to start, if you give yourself about 3 or 4 months to aquire all the parts you will most likely be able to save some money.

also, it is a FAR stretch for a any 17 year old to accomplish, with his own money. somehow i did it, and hopefully will inspire others.

94 Mx6 with a big sway bar. 12.86 @ 116 on an FMU...
Built buy Me, ebay and zip ties.
post #69 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-20-07, 19:31

EDIT - Setup changed

Car/Model/Engine/Year: Mx-6 1993 KLDE

Method of forced induction used: Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball bearing. 57/63. Plasmaman BOV , Tial 38mm wastegate with a 4 psi spring.

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: Intercooled with a an ebay intercooler.

Piping Custom made by shop. 2" from turbo outlet, to 2.5" intercooler then 2.5" all the way to TB.

Fuel mods: Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, Nissan 370cc Skyline RB25DET injectors in a rebel2k4 rail, Sard adjustable fpr,

Engine/tranny mods: Stock KL-de. Exedy heavy duty clutch with custom pressure plate.

Special features on your system: Radar built Megasquirt with a LC-1 wideband. Blitz EBC set from 4-10psi and everything in between to get rid of nasty turbo lag.

Performance: 174kw atw at 9psi.

Was it hard to come up with this: Once you know what you are doing, and actually have the money to back it up, it isnt to hard as long as you realise it will work out.

What is your knowledge about cars: My mate has a workshop that I visit regularly, have been doing major services on my car and parents car for a while. No formal education and training, I learnt most of what I know now when I actually got stuck into boosting.

How long did it take to build your system: 4 months slowly gathering parts and I did the usual install what you can in stages. 2 months altogether from NA - Boost, could of done it in 1 week if I do it again.

How much money have you spent on this all: I bought all parts genuine and got the best I could straight away. I get stuff shipped to Australia so it costs more sometimes then you yanks. Only the turbo is replica, and that is changing soon as well. Probably spent $3500-$4000 all together now. I stopped counting at $3000 as I was to busy then eventually didnt care, as long as paycheck covered it, I was happy. By the time I am finished, $5000 would be a good bet. I do all the labour myself as well, only welding I cant do.

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted: Read first, have a nice pile of money to fall back on, have another car for WHEN stuff doesnt go right. It is fairly hard to do it right, but it is alot harder and more expensive to it right the 2nd time. The end result, is still well worth the effort and money

200kw KLZE-T

Last edited by Turk; 5-4-10 at 23:23.
post #70 of 84 (permalink) Old 12-25-07, 13:35

help needed

i have been doin alot of research i have a 96 2.0 with 109,000 and i want it turboed i just need some help as far as where to get parts. i dont want the engine to blow so im guessing i have to rebuild it so i want to know what to get i mean i know piston,rings,etc but like what is the best and where do i get them and of course who can buid it for me since i dont have a shop what some of you guys used well thank you everyone and i see im close to some people it would be nice to do a meet here sometime
post #71 of 84 (permalink) Old 1-14-08, 20:44

1994 Ford Probe GT

Mods:
Precision sc61 .60/.63 turbo
Matt Maas custom turbo pipes
28"x12"x3" front mount intercooler
3" cold pipes
Ported & polished IM
VRIS deleted
EGR delete
ZE stock logs
3" downpipe
3" cat-back, no cat. side exit
Millenia s injectors
Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Turbosmart BOV
Turbosmart 38mm wastegate with 7psi spring
AWR 95 durometer solid motor mounts
PRD rear strut tower stabilizer bar
Spec stage 3+ clutch
MX3 flywheel
SS clutch line
2003 Lexus IS300 wheels
Mookeeh boost gauge
65mm throttle body
Tein Stech springs
Mbolin transbrace
TurboXS manual boost controller
Megasquirt V.3 with flatshift/launch control(ordering this in a few weeks)
A/C delete
Weight reduction

I'm sure there is more, but I forget...
post #72 of 84 (permalink) Old 4-27-08, 18:42

Car/Model/Engine/Year: Origanly a I4 automatic 1995 MX-6 swapped all my 96pgt parts and some other parts Now its a fully swapped LS V6 KLZE 5 SPEED

Method of forced induction used: Holset HX35w turbo, Delta Wastegate, Greddy Type S BOV, Greddy profec B spec II, Greddy TT,Modded Ludespeed origanal hard pipes, from downpipe back, 3"randomtec cat, 3" mand bent pipes, HKS 3" straight threw muffler

Intercooled or not, type of your choice: 27+6+2 1/2 Ebay

Piping/drive system for SC's: Its 2" right now but this year Im planning on a bigger front mount intercooler and 2 1/2" piping

Fuel mods:Walbro 255 HP, Begi FMU, Mil S Injectors, AFPR, Dual feed lines,

Engine/tranny mods:Stock ZE, Spec ST 3, Fidanza Flywheel, SS clutch line, Dot 4 fluid, Front and Rear MM inserts,MSD 6AL, MSD Boost Timming Master, Ext. Blaster 3 coil, MSD 8.5mm wires

Special features on your system:AEM wideband, msd boost timming master right now which I dont think Ive seen anyone else here or PT running one, But I do Have a Megasquirt v2.2 that will be going in soon.

Performance:It pulls hard Its pretty fun Dyno soon to come

Was it hard to come up with this:Nah I had some problems getting this huge turbo to work with hot pipes that were made for a smaller turbo and making the pipes fit after but Overall Im not that stupid when it comes to cars plus Im a welder and mecanic wher I work so not to hard

How long did it take to build your system:Well I came accross the 3"exhaust and the turbo pipes for $160. I was running n2o at the time and I was sick of filling the bottle and running out all the time so I bought these and then did a bunch of research when I thought I had it figured out I found a turbo I liked spent some big money on that when that was in my hand I bought the rest. Id say 3 months

How much money have you spent on this all:I did get lucky on the piping and exhaust BUT I still spent over 2,500 easily. I really dont keep track and I dont even want to know the real amount lets just say if you cant afford to pay your bills and have a lot of extra spending money I wouldnt suggest getting in over your head

What is your advice for people who wants to get boosted:If u can affrd it. Start reading a lot do your research and start with good parts. I bought a ebay bov, and wastegate at first and finally bought diffrent good stuff after that, so I wasted some money now I cant even give the crap away. Have a spare daily driver for when you brake something (because u will)and Like I said before you better have some $$$$$ sitting around or make decent money.

Last edited by LIL SILVER 6; 4-27-08 at 18:45.
post #73 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-8-08, 21:39

Help I'm a mechanical Idiot

I'm a driver not a mechanic I don't claim to understand what it will take to build my own car but I do want to do it. >not really I want a mechanic to actually do it< I just don't have any clue where to start I'm going to have about 8 grand to put in the car and I want about 3 grand worth of cosmetics I already have imported a 96 model KLZE and I have a 93LS which if my research is right >Mazda Dealership (although they don't seem to understand anything out of their dealership repair manual) and this wonderful website< I won't have to make any adjustments to my wiring harness for the ZE engine but I plan on rebuilding the engine >slight headgasket problem< and getting a turbo kit what do I need and how should I go about it I would love for my car to be as beautiful as it should be but if I have to forsake the body kit and awesome paint job I will I love to drive and I love to go fast and that is my primary concern although I won't go as far as to rape the interior and a/c and what not for weight!! anyway I'm babbling which tends to happen when your rather poor and you just happen upon 8 thousand dollars hopefully even tho you can't respect me for getting my hands dirty or designing my own system you'll respect my love for my MX-6 >considering it's getting damn near every dime of my settlement!!< and offer me a few suggestions a hand for the less knowledgeable thank you in advance and maybe I'll make something you can be proud of too!!
post #74 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-9-08, 19:53

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

If you got 8grand, spend it on something better, make an investment towards something you actually get a return on.

All your going to do is waste your money trying to something with these cars.
post #75 of 84 (permalink) Old 8-9-08, 21:06

I agree with king, A turbo build will eat all your 8 grand and then something will break (its inevitable) and you wont have any money to fix it.

I would suggest a nice down payment on a stock turbo car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page