Right hand drive 1995 mx6 build thread - Page 2 - Mazda MX-6 Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 5-22-19, 3:08

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Power: 5

If you get stuck for parts we have plenty of RHD MX6's in Australia so search ebay Australia for RHD specific parts!

- 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, M62 S/C, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
- 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34
- 79' Yamahopper: N2O, Malossi 70cc, sidebleed pipe, 12V conversion etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 5-22-19, 16:44 Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Right hand drive 1995 mx6 build thread

Im actually talking with a guy down there atm who has a parts car in his yard. Just waiting for a response of when he has the parts ready to ship. He said he has everything Iím looking for which is good so weíll see what happens in the next few weeks with that. Currently just been working on the wiring harnesses got the dash harness done just needs grounds. Interior chassis harness is next. also got the m edition pretty much stripped down minus the motor and tranny and engine harness. Decide on that on for the donor based on the chassis and I couldnít get the motor to quite down after an oil change and what not. So instead of hurting that motor Iíll use it in the future and use the klze I have in the garage to get the car running. Hopefully this weekend I get the car moved to a buddyís garage that has more room and cement to work on ha
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190522

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by zimmkidmx6; 5-22-19 at 16:48.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 6-3-19, 3:01

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Canít wait to see some of the parts from my old M-Edition lives on in your new RHD project

The snow/cold kinda throw us off that day, I forgot to give you all the spare parts in my garage lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 6-24-19, 1:48

Quoted: 96 Post(s)

Garage
Wow, When I saw your thread title I was like oh man just another pipe dream RHD conversion, but you look like you will actually pull it off. Wow.

Good luck with your build, I think it might be a little cool and different to have a RHD car but in the end I can see it being bothersome and would get old fast.

I hope you enjoy it. I think the fact that you have put so much work into your car will make you appreciate it so much more.

Mx-7 Project reborn! -F2T in a FC RX-7 (400hp?)
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 6-25-19, 6:51 Thread Starter

Lol no it’s not a pipe dream, but it is a slow process with work, life, etc ha. Been holding on and trying to collect parts for a long time. Still waiting for some info from the guy in Australia for my package. He unfortunately wasn’t able to get the windshield wiper parts I’m looking for but he got all my pedals and espec mirrors so I can see correctly, would love the power fold mirrors but those are harder to find then the headlights ha. So hopefully that gets shipped out in the next few weeks. Should have my firewall plate for the brake pedal done this week it took a few try’s in the cnc to get the profile right but should be good now. Steering rack mounts are next. Pics soon to come
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 6-25-19, 20:32

Garage
I'm happy for you man. I've never seen a RHD conversion get finished and many have tried.

You should see the build in my sig and see what a long and drawn out process that became. Look at the date of the first post lol

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 6-29-19, 7:36 Thread Starter

Thanks man, yes these things can get out of hand quick haha. Guy from Australia is hopefully giving me the package size of the box of parts this weekend, so hopefully next week I can get it shipped be before the 4th hits. Buddy said he was making the final brake booster mount yesterday. Gonna measure up some rack mounts today so those can get made next. Then time to break down and buy the easb muilti process welder I’ve been eyeballin ha
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 7-9-19, 0:21

Garage
Cool!

I love welding, I'm starting to get a whole lot better at it now. I went from crappie to decent welds lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page