LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 1-8-19, 8:31 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

Help with 2gen 4WS Wheel Alignment

Hi all,

I am having trouble trying to find someone to do 4WS alignment properly, for my gen2 1992 MX6. (I had the car since new!)

Few tyre shops explained to me, in order to align the rear wheels properly, they need the 'locking pin' (like for Honda Prelude's 4WS?) which I never had.
They never used to ask but suddenly, many of them won't touch the rears without this 'locking pin'
Yet, I had a good look at the car and there's no place for this locking pin to be used.

I understand with gen1's system, there is a 'locking bolt', but I cannot see anything similar in the gen2.

Can someone please give me some advice on how the gen2 4WS system is aligned? for the rears?

Is it done by loosening the bolt that connect the front and back steering shaft?
What is the actual alignment procedure?

If there is a locking pin or bolt, can someone post a picture of how they look like please in a gen2?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Cheers,
Gavin, lemonheadmx-6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 3-9-19, 6:03

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Power: 5

On my 4ws mx6 a guy in Cheltenham that worked at Mazda for years knew exactly what to do, there is a tool bolted on the rear axle. They are on the Corner of Reserve Road and Bay Road Cheltenham (302 Bay Road) [Melbourne] As you are in Melbourne give them a call 131229. [they can look up my registration to find out who actually did it ROH-704]

Here link

17" ROH Adrenaline Alloy Wheels, Superchip (for hi-octane +12hp), Stainless steel scuff plates, Powerfolding jdm mirrors, Mazda 6 MPS brakes (front + rear), 929 brake master (mx6 reservoir), JDM headlights, Altezza tail lights, Modified stock radio/cd with line-out +amp, Sound deadened doors + rear quarters << massive improvement

Last edited by gwq_uk; 3-9-19 at 9:55.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page