LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-2-08, 18:06 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips626 View Post
If anyone with a 4ws car needs extra money i will buy your car!!!!
maybe someday in the future. if i ever decide to go full out with the car and gut it, ill swap to a 5dr or a dx first. then ill just sell you the 4ws chassis with whatever motor/tranny comes in the other car.

though that wont be anytime soon... just a random thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-2-08, 22:12
Banned

Power: 0

Quote:
I ran my own lines to the back on my mx64ws that defiler now owns
Yeah they look pretty good.

You can still own it again
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-3-08, 1:55

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnut21 View Post
maybe someday in the future. if i ever decide to go full out with the car and gut it, ill swap to a 5dr or a dx first. then ill just sell you the 4ws chassis with whatever motor/tranny comes in the other car.

though that wont be anytime soon... just a random thought.
i do love me some 5dr action

Noble White 626 turbo 4WS 5spd.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2525741 Coming back in Spring '14
91 626 Hatchback turbo LEATHER HKSpipes, exhaust, LW UDP DD302k//91 626 Hatchback N/A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-3-08, 8:46

5dr ftw

Edit:

- Could you post some high-res pictures of the new pipe install on the 4ws, jphillips?
- How is the exhaust on the 4ws vs non-4ws, is this a custom job aswell? My exhaust is pretty much shot at the rear, and I might have to replace most of it (too the downpipe) because its all welded, damned shit.

'88 Mazda 626 2.0i-16 4ws

Last edited by Wibla; 9-3-08 at 10:19.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-3-08, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibla View Post
5dr ftw

Edit:

- Could you post some high-res pictures of the new pipe install on the 4ws, jphillips?
- How is the exhaust on the 4ws vs non-4ws, is this a custom job aswell? My exhaust is pretty much shot at the rear, and I might have to replace most of it (too the downpipe) because its all welded, damned [shizzle].
Make defiler do it. the car is in his possesion (the 89 4ws mx6). If i can find the pictures of the work i did i will load them up before i travel this weekend.

I run a solid (no flexpipe) setup on my 626 4ws, works fine. I have a rebel 2.5 o2 housing to 2.5 straight pipe no cat to the paceshitter aftermarket exhaust. Muffler only, it isn't too loud.

I'll see what i can find for you, wibla.

91 626 Hatchback turbo LEATHER HKSpipes, exhaust, LW UDP DD302k//91 626 Hatchback N/A
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-3-08, 20:39
Banned

Quote:
- How is the exhaust on the 4ws vs non-4ws, is this a custom job aswell? My exhaust is pretty much shot at the rear, and I might have to replace most of it (too the downpipe) because its all welded, damned [shizzle].
It's not the same exhaust, if thats what you're asking. Its all the same up till the axle-back, then it's set up different.
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-4-08, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler View Post
It's not the same exhaust, if thats what you're asking. Its all the same up till the axle-back, then it's set up different.

I don't follow you. If you are saying that you can't take the exhaust of any 626 turbo and put it on a 4ws car, i think you may be incorrect. Yes the mounts may be slightly differnent, but i put all stock exhaust on your 4ws car defiler, i just used a few parts i had lying around and welded them up.

Wibla, where is the exhaust leak?

post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-4-08, 15:22

Just before the rearmost muffler, and there's no flanges, all welded.

Funny thing is that the sound is cool, like a well fed FE3 should sound...

post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-4-08, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibla View Post
Just before the rearmost muffler, and there's no flanges, all welded.

Funny thing is that the sound is cool, like a well fed FE3 should sound...
WHere is the nearest flang then? I would try to take it out...back by the cat. Remove the cat and straight pipe it. Better yet get a VRS exhaust!

post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-4-08, 21:53
Banned

Quote:
I don't follow you. If you are saying that you can't take the exhaust of any 626 turbo and put it on a 4ws car, i think you may be incorrect. Yes the mounts may be slightly differnent, but i put all stock exhaust on your 4ws car defiler, i just used a few parts i had lying around and welded them up.
I tried to do the same, but the exhaust wouldnt fit past the rear stabilizer arms on the 4ws. We had to cut the 2ws exhaust right before the "axle" on the 4ws and weld in a few twists/bends to get it to come thru.

Given it was a 2.5" exhaust setup, but that shouldnt have mattered seeing as the same pipe size cleared fine with the 2ws...

And no offense, but that exhaust you put on wasnt close to being correct. In the mid-section the exhaust should take a slight deviation from being straight, but the one you put on was 100% straight. It made it so one of the hangers couldnt be attached, and the other side could barely be put on because it was so close... figured that out when I got under it to see why the exhaust rattled so bad...

Last edited by defiler; 9-5-08 at 10:13.
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-5-08, 10:12

See any flanges? .. the last pic is where the rusted out part is, not a shocker really...

The rest of the exhaust is in mint condition, looks really good, so I really dont wanna have to toss the whole thing.

Brand on the exhaust is Walker, with a Laser muffler at the end.

This being an '88 model (there was no 89 5door with 4ws) I dont have a cat

Fast edit:

As I and my old man found out, the worst part on these cars with regards to rust if its been decently kept, is the rear half of the car pretty much, we've seen this on both my current626, my old 626, and the 323 we have... The pics are from last summer, and it's gained abit more rust since then, but not too much. Got some work to do, but im confident the car will run for many years to come, even tho it'll probably burn a hole in my pocket.

post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-5-08, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler View Post
I tried to do the same, but the exhaust wouldnt fit past the rear stabilizer arms on the 4ws. We had to cut the 2ws exhaust right before the "axle" on the 4ws and weld in a few twists/bends to get it to come thru.

Given it was a 2.5" exhaust setup, but that shouldnt have mattered seeing as the same pipe size cleared fine with the 2ws...

And no offense, but that exhaust you put on wasnt close to being correct. In the mid-section the exhaust should take a slight deviation from being straight, but the one you put on was 100% straight. It made it so one of the hangers couldnt be attached, and the other side could barely be put on because it was so close... figured that out when I got under it to see why the exhaust rattled so bad...
Oh i know bro, and no offense taken. That is the one spot on the car where i chinced since i didn't have much money at the time i put it on. I spent a total of zero dollars on that exhaust setup. I made it from parts i had lying around. You are totally right about how it SHOULD be.

post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-5-08, 11:26

Wibla,

It looks like someone at a muffler shop connected those two resonators with some slide on pipes.

post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-5-08, 11:49

Yep, its like that all the way back... not too easy to do anything about it i think, but then I havent been to an exhaust shop either. Really pisses me off that I might have to loose the rearmost muffler in the least, it looks damn good on the car..

post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-5-08, 15:29
Banned

Quote:
Oh i know bro, and no offense taken. That is the one spot on the car where i chinced since i didn't have much money at the time i put it on. I spent a total of zero dollars on that exhaust setup. I made it from parts i had lying around. You are totally right about how it SHOULD be.
Can't beat free I didnt pay anything for my new exhaust either, other than having to pay the muffler shop to fix the axleback and weld the downpipe to the exhaust,,,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page