4ws Members Post Here - Page 4 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-25-08, 18:50

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Photoshop is fun. Washed her yesterday.. gonna get it waxed next week by some pros..

Oh, yeah, got the exhaust fixed too

'88 Mazda 626 2.0i-16 4ws
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 58 (permalink) Old 1-16-09, 10:16

Power: 0

Hi,

I own the white 626 2.0i 16V (GD FE3) 4WS 1989, bought it a few weeks ago. Here are some photos and link to Polish MazdaSpeed forum :-)

=> MAZDA KLUB | Forum MazdaSpeed - Zobacz temat - Globy

It needs some work, especially new paint, but I'm gonna do everything to get everything best for Her ;-) (only 128 kkm) The only high problem is 4WS - I've already wrote to some people from your forum and thanks for help.

I put new pipes and the last thing, which is bad, is the "steering ratio sensor" (on the picture). If anybody has it to sell or all the rear rack, please let me know.

Regards and sorry for my Enligsh ;-)
post #48 of 58 (permalink) Old 1-7-10, 8:57

89 mx6
245,000 kms (im in oz)
4ws and abs intermittently work, abs works more often that 4ws does
synchro's are getting pretty sad, it crunches if i change too fast, the lady that owned it before me bought it brand new off the showroom floor and it has done a lot of city kms
pretty sad body but no rust
also no intact rubber boots or covers on anything, eg the steering rack boots are all split, one of the cv boots is split etc.

tis a bit sad but it only cost me $1700, spent $400ish on some essentials (one of the front bearings was rooted and it chopped out the front hub, all fixed myself)

its one of 2 in my city (my mate has the other one and blew the auto box, still doing a manual convert) and goes harder than most cars here costing 3-4 times more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 58 (permalink) Old 2-18-10, 8:02

the water pump kicked it so i replaced that, the timing belt, idler pulleys and the ac and alternator belt. cost me $350 all up just in parts, i did all the work myself.

im actually glad the pump let go because the timing belt was so loose im surprised it didnt break or jump off already, and the idler bearings were all loose and rattly

all fixed now, no top end lifter rattle now either
post #50 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 15:05

4WS parts

Well it took quite a while to search up parts to replace the rear lower control arms in My 1989 Mx GT 4WS but I managed to find the last 2 rear lower control arms from what I been told by the Mazda guys that were sitting in Toronto eneded up Paying 400 for the pair plus shipping but it was well worth it no more going around orners and having the back right wheel shift the car sideways like it was on crack just to do it again when it lined back up. That and I can put the fuse back in now and actually test it
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 4-10-14, 2:00

So I put some Mazda 6 luxury sports 17's on the other week. 4WS fuse is not in, but today the rear right tyre decided it would activate and crab me in a straight line. DAFUQ is going on here??? Is it the wheels?? I had to put 5mm spacers on to fit them, they are 215/45/17. Never had a problem until today, the car is in good condition only 117xxx kms, totally original condition. Should I put the fuse back in and see what happens??
post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 4-16-14, 17:54

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

it could have broke the connecting arm inside the rear rack.

Noble White 626 turbo 4WS 5spd.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2525741 Coming back in Spring '14
91 626 Hatchback turbo LEATHER HKSpipes, exhaust, LW UDP DD302k//91 626 Hatchback N/A
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-9-14, 14:12

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Could someone post a video or at least a picture of the 4WS in action? This is the most crazy cool things I've ever heard of on a car before and have to see this.
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 9-12-14, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coke Robot View Post
Could someone post a video or at least a picture of the 4WS in action? This is the most crazy cool things I've ever heard of on a car before and have to see this.
This is the mazda system that i swapped into my probe (only one in the world)

4ws probe returns - YouTube
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 4-30-15, 11:27

new guy

-Black 89 MX6 4WS 5-Sp
-4WS steer works
-It is my daily driver, runs great, I put 500+ miles per week on it, gets 30+ MPG

-The only 4WS issue I've had is, I had to replaced the lines going to the back rack. That job sucked. I'll have the 4WS light come of if it is really cold out (I mean around 10 degrees cold); but I rarely need to drive it in the winter (maybe 2 or 3 days between December and March).

I'll post pics when I am able to.
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 6-13-15, 10:33

4ws

Picture of my 4WS
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-25-15, 14:38

Hey everyone, new 4WS owner here! It's an '89 GT with 4ws that is working great!

The car is mostly stock at the moment, just doing some general maintenance stuff to get her to be a solid and safe daily! I've already taken it on a long trip over the mountains and she worked great, it's an awesome highway cruiser!
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 3-26-19, 13:26

1989 MX-6 Turbo 4WS For Sale

I have a no-rust, California, white, 1989 MX-6 Turbo 4WS, manual trans for sale. I bought it from the original owner in Alameda, Ca. with approx. 120K miles on it. Very nice body with one small front fender dent and very nice, clean blue interior. All stock, unmolested, with a new valve job on the upper end of the engine. Runs and drives great. It has been in inside storage in Maine for a few years, started and driven periodically, but has never seen snow. It will be available to see and drive in Swanville, Maine (Near Belfast) during the week of May 12-18th only. I will take best cash offer during that week. Photos available to interested parties. Contact me at [email protected] for more info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page