Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Colorado Team Speed6

147K views 2K replies 64 participants last post by  knockternalk 
#1 ·
What is team Speed6.
Its an all mazda team consiting of mainly MX6s,626s,Probes and other such mazdas.
Who can join? Its open to anyone with a mazda wanting to hang out in the Colorado area.
How do I join?
All you have to do to become a memeber is just show up to 3 or more meets or functions.
Where do I find out about meets?
Here or on COSR www.costreetracing.com.

What is our goal?
To meet fellow mazda owners and show a mazda pressence at meets and to most of all have fun! Remeber the more people that show up to meets, the more fun we all have.

Do you have a website?
We do http://www.teamspeed6colorado.com/

Join the team.

evo

#978 ·
em x 6 racer said:
I just added night time pics of my car after the new paint job. Tell me what you guys think?
I am very glad to see that car got to someone who appreciates it and gives it some attention :)

Man I have been so busy these days. Slowly pieces go-fast parts together for the mx3. In the meantime I am trying to get this junk pile toyota truck running that I bought (broken timing chain and ruined the valves) so that I can actually have something to rely on when the mx3 is fast again. Going to school and work full time means I cant play with my only source of transportation.

Norv I got dibs on a filter :) That gives me an incentive to come down there sometime. Hopefully soon.

#980 · (Edited)
I got new brakes and rotors on my car. So i can finally stop above 30 mph without my car going into convulsions.Oh I just now read you post rebel. Thanks. I apreciate you guys helping me find it. I've had 2 cars after my 1st mx6 and none of them felt right. I love this board. And I love my car.

#981 ·
I just bought a 92 pgt. 5 spd. 115k, No start, blown head gasket, replaced tranny and clutch and axles in may last year. Primered paint that was teal, stock wheels and another set of wheels. I picked it up yesterday for 300 bucks.

Brandon... you got any 1st gen parts lying around? Preferrably a head gasket? haha
Ill get pics up soon.

#984 ·
Haha we got a 2nd genner turned 1st gen now. cool. Whats the plans for it?

KL's are better.

Sorry but I sold all my parts off. If you're going with upgraded turbo or higher boost or anything, get a mazda OE gasket. I got mine for $95.

Heres my new beast. Salvage title, broken timing chain, bent all the valves and no start. Already got it running though and did a lot of work to it. and gave it a fresh coat of mud haha... 4x4's kick ass!!

#986 ·
Haha, yeah, I dont know! He also has a mazda badge on the hood!

My plans are unknown yet. I do know to buy the OE gasket already and I do need to fix it before I do much to it.

My thoughts are to paint it white, paint the stock wheels gunmetal and drop it on stock 2nd gen springs for now. And fix some of the body with a hammer or something.

Sweet truck! Hope you got the 5 spd!

#988 ·
I am interested in pulling parts off of your 1st gen sean, but I dont think I can buy another car. If you can part it out then thats cool because I know a few things that I need right now.

I got the pgt running yesterday, it purs like a kitten, just has a hard time starting. I think the tps is jacked up because of the noise which i think is coming from the IM by the TB. It's like a 'current' noise , like a solder gun that whirs.
Took the pgt for a spin while it ran, everything had no clamp or tie down, felt the need to do a burnout in the dirt and the tb boot got boosted off and the motor died and I had to coast all the way home.

I think when the previous owner thought it was a headgasket he was wrong. I think it's the exhaust mani to block gasket. I will find out today.

Also, I stripped the interior totally. Will also have pics later. And the yellow is all gone.

#990 ·
Do you guys have any recommendations on a shop that could do an inexpensive exhaust setup in Denver? My stock exhaust is rusting out and generally sounding like crap, so I'd like to replace it. I would like to find someone that could fab up a downpipe and cat-back.

#992 ·
Do you guys have any members or know of anyone in Grand Junction? I'd try to join you guys team but I can't drive to Denver and back every weekend. Plus the way my car is now I doubt I could make it over vail pass : ) The question was just cause I'm curious, cause I see a lot of 6s round my parts.

#993 ·
evo626 said:
BUD's muffler is a pretty good shop.
evo
I considered buds, but one of my friends just had a flexpipe made by them. The welds were terrible and they charged him $200 to build a 2-3 foot section of pipe. It seems like the quality of work is totally hit or miss with them....oh well, maybe I'll give em a call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.