Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Torque wrench questions

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  JamesReid 
#1 ·
Ok. It looks I need to replace my VCG's so I'm looking at doing it myself eek! :D Anyway, can anyone tell me where to get a decent torque wrench and what is a good price to pay? Not sure if I want to get one from super cheap auto :D

#5 ·
oh off topic but whens that bunnings opening in belconnen? i applied at bunnings like almost a year and a half ago and they said we'll be opening a new store next year. im like well that doesnt help me now :tdown: i wonder if they will actually call me up about it.......not likely! i need cash to keep the car going! and soon!

and i think id still stick with super cheap :tup:

#7 ·
ODIN,

The VCG bolts are a very low torque setting, so you really need a small torque wrench for these. You won't be able to use it on much else. The under $100.00 range of up to 150 ft/lb wrenches going at places like supercheap, bunning etc. are not very accurate below 15ft/lb. great for most other applications though! I got mine from Bunnings.

#9 · (Edited)
im planning to rebuild my engine coz its burning oil and it has a lot of blowby. I'm thinking to take off the head, oilpan, pistons and clean those valves for a better compression seal. Mates what do you think is the best torque wrench for this job? here is the list Thank you in advance for your advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.