Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Wanted: 1993 mx6

6K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  McQUEIN 
#1 ·
I am wanting to buy a 1993 mx6 2.5l kL-de or kl-ze with 5 speed standered transmission for a project. Does anyone know where I can buy one cheap and close New Mexico?

#2 · (Edited)
Why 1993? Why not 94-97?

#4 ·
#6 · (Edited)
The fix prior to just changing this part in the distributor was an external coil and external resistor, external stator... I did not wanted a work-around but a stock fix and started doing my www research. Two weeks later I had finally worked-out what was happening.

Replaced the part, cleaned the spark plugs, lots of blue smoke (from lots of un-burnt fuel)

Thankfully anyone with a 93/94 mx6 that won't start can benefit from finding this. :nerd:

#9 ·
Iare they still available? I already knew if it won't start it is that starter or coil in the distribitor or fuel pump relay not plugged in on the right circuit. I use to own one and loved the car I just want anther and be a daily and a track car also for multiple diffrent reasons.

#12 ·
I have a 93 Mazda MX6 2dr coupe I have loved this car for 15yrs but now I have my work van and have to put my resources into it as it is my money maker so my baby has just been sitting being neglected shameful I know.I don't want to sell it to just anybody I want to sell it to someone who will have the time and patience to make it the truly badass car it can be.now you must know it is a project car but a worthy one I'm in San Diego but maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle and I can bus home .So anyway some info on it it's the 2.0 16 valve DOHC 5 Speed low profile with einke centerline rims I have a bra on it it has a magnaflow high performance exhaust system and a new distributor I also put a illuminated green or blue instrument cluster in it I like the blue it's maroon this is a cool car with great potential and when I had it tip top frickin hauled ass and was a blast to drive I wanted to race it but just don't have the money or time for such endeavors I would take 2000 if we meet 1500 if you come here to get it just a oil change and a couple tires it should get you home I drove that Mazda all over the country a couple times great gas mileage too.now for the negatives needs a top end rebuild has some lifter noise so now that it has been sitting it's a little worse oil change will help that will need brakes need to replace the head liner and driver seat needs to be rebuilt it's still comfy just tore up a bit left front quarter panel needs some work will need rear springs ( that's another story) and some other odds and ends. But if this is really going to be a project car then you know go from the ground up it would be a worthy endeavor I'm not sure how to add pictures to show you but if you're interested email me at ronquein@gmail.com and we can talk about it

#15 ·
I have a 93 Mazda MX6 2dr coupe I have loved this car for 15yrs but now I have my work van and have to put my resources into it as it is my money maker so my baby has just been sitting being neglected shameful I know.I don't want to sell it to just anybody I want to sell it to someone who will have the time and patience to make it the truly badass car it can be.now you must know it is a project car but a worthy one I'm in San Diego but maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle and I can bus home .So anyway some info on it it's the 2.0 16 valve DOHC 5 Speed low profile with einke centerline rims I have a bra on it it has a magnaflow high performance exhaust system and a new distributor I also put a illuminated green or blue instrument cluster in it I like the blue it's maroon this is a cool car with great potential and when I had it tip top frickin hauled ass and was a blast to drive I wanted to race it but just don't have the money or time for such endeavors I would take 2000 if we meet 1500 if you come here to get it just a oil change and a couple tires it should get you home I drove that Mazda all over the country a couple times great gas mileage too.now for the negatives needs a top end rebuild has some lifter noise so now that it has been sitting it's a little worse oil change will help that will need brakes need to replace the head liner and driver seat needs to be rebuilt it's still comfy just tore up a bit left front quarter panel needs some work will need rear springs ( that's another story) and some other odds and ends. But if this is really going to be a project car then you know go from the ground up it would be a worthy endeavor I'm not sure how to add pictures to show you but if you're interested email me at ronquein@gmail.com and we can talk about it

Do ya still have this car?

#14 ·
I have 1 it has a beautiful creame leather interior v6 runs excellent has the white exhaust smoke when its cold outside, like around freezing.Has damaged pass quarter but I have another,but its not bad enuff to replace, it has that rear head noise ,the valve spring washer thing,just started last fall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.