Mazda MX-6 Forum

Mazda MX-6 Forum (https://www.mx6.com/forums/)
-   FS: Cars (https://www.mx6.com/forums/fs-cars/)
-   -   My Loss Your Gain (https://www.mx6.com/forums/fs-cars/282402-my-loss-your-gain.html)

89 1st G Probe 7-21-19 21:39

My Loss Your Gain

I have an 89 1st Gen Probe and I am discontinuing my project on it. It has a 2.2 [non-turbo] and a 5 speed man trans. I also have a spare 2.2 [turbo] and a spare 5 speed. The car does drive [needs a battery and tires]. It has: a new front suspension, new outer tie rods, new front wheel bearings, new drums/rotors, new radiator, new starter, a factory sunroof, and many extra parts. I had been blending two cars into one.

I am cancelling the project because I haven't had time to work on it the past few years and Ohio rust has moved into the underbody. I would rather this go to someone that has a need than to just crush it all. I can be somewhat flexible in parting this out but would rather someone with a need and purpose take over the collection.

alden.mackie 7-22-19 7:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89 1st G Probe (Post 2652410)
I have an 89 1st Gen Probe and I am discontinuing my project on it. It has a 2.2 [non-turbo] and a 5 speed man trans. I also have a spare 2.2 [turbo] and a spare 5 speed. The car does drive [needs a battery and tires]. It has: a new front suspension, new outer tie rods, new front wheel bearings, new drums/rotors, new radiator, new starter, a factory sunroof, and many extra parts. I had been blending two cars into one.

I am cancelling the project because I haven't had time to work on it the past few years and Ohio rust has moved into the underbody. I would rather this go to someone that has a need than to just crush it all. I can be somewhat flexible in parting this out but would rather someone with a need and purpose take over the collection.

Definitely interested, where are you located? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkMx-6 7-22-19 17:33

you double posted this.

What do you have? pictures? zip code?

89 1st G Probe 7-22-19 18:50

I am in Akron, OH.

89 1st G Probe 7-22-19 18:52

The car wont win for looks. There are only a few body panels worth salvaging. All my work was mechanical. I'll grab some pics though.

alden.mackie 7-22-19 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89 1st G Probe (Post 2652444)
The car wont win for looks. There are only a few body panels worth salvaging. All my work was mechanical. I'll grab some pics though.

Ok, Iím definitely interested. Iíll have to figure out when I could road trip in the coming while. Itís only about 6 hours away from me so not too shabby.

alden.mackie 7-24-19 16:11

Hey dude, any luck taking pics? Thanks! [emoji2]

89 1st G Probe 7-24-19 19:58

I took 4 pics but the site wont let me post them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alden.mackie (Post 2652460)
Hey dude, any luck taking pics? Thanks! [emoji2]

alden.mackie 7-29-19 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89 1st G Probe (Post 2652462)
I took 4 pics but the site wont let me post them.

I sent a private message, not sure if you've had a chance to see it. Can you send them to me at [email protected]?

I can't promise anything yet but I might be able to drive out this weekend and pick it up if that worked for you.