2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  valentiner 
#1 ·
Kl-02 VAF; anyone have one?

#2 ·
one on ebay
search
93-97 Ford Probe OEM Mass Air Flow Sensor Mazda 2.5

#4 ·
If you lived in the vancouver BC canada area I'd tell you the wrecker that has it. But for me its 220 kilometer round trip

#5 ·
Actually, not sure I need it, really. Just spotted a local KF engine here in Phoenix I may have to buy. Not sure why back of Head is stamped K8 in the photos though, might need to get an answer on that one first. Also, there seems to be KF-DE's out there with shitty cams, and I don't know how to verify a legit KF-ZE yet. Has curved neck IM, and some come with a KL-ZE like straight neck.

#6 ·
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_K_engine#KF

2.0L ??

Some KLZE did have a shorter bent neck. But straight neck ZE is the one most would want. If you want an engine to slap in and go, nearly any K engine can do but if its not the same displacement you should have matching ECU i'd say.

#8 ·
What I would prefer to do is gain more funds and find a legit Curved Neck KLZE with KL31 Heads. I see photos of them, supposedly 10 available, at the New York JDM Engine Seller site, WITH Head code photos, but, I am waiting for them to confirm KL31 heads. I have serious doubts.

#10 ·
That's cool because I just saw my '93 K8 ECU (on ones on eBay) for a goof, and to my dismay, it only has 2 connection slots~! All the ECU's I have been looking at for possible replacements for a KF-ZE swap with a MAF (NOT a VAF, I made a mistake when I wrote that), which are hard to find, especially for one that is a JDM, have 3 or 4 slots. I just assumed my ECU used 3 slots, so I thought the 3 slot ECU's would at least connect, and that the 4-slot ECU's were likely for OBDII, which I can't use even IF I could connect to them. So far, I can't find any other ECU's with the same 2-slot connectors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.