A quite protest - Mazda MX-6 Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-24-05, 20:27
Jon
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
A quiet protest

I don't feel like positing in the 1G forum anymore, its become too much like probetalks forums.

It seems to me that poor panther has been overworked, and is resorting to unwarranted force.

The 1G guys are no more unruly than the 2G ones, yet I don't see 3 stickys about getting banned.

And a public warning thread? Give me a break.

--Jon

EDIT: Fexid spelen.

Last edited by Jon; 6-24-05 at 22:12.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-24-05, 21:36

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Im with Jon completely on this. I read the warnings before it was changed, and the reasons were because one of them corrected the others spelling. Seriously, what are we resorting to?

Hey jon, its quiet, not quite

Last edited by lnlogauge; 6-24-05 at 21:41.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-24-05, 22:10
Banned

Power: 0

Anyone who gets angry IRL over teh internet needs to spend a little more time outside. Even though some might consider ones moderating skills, nun chuck skills, bo-staff skills as a great job, a vast majority (hypothetically speaking) have flooded anothers email and mentioned words like "gestapo" and "power trip"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-24-05, 22:13
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSick6
Anyone who gets angry IRL over teh internet needs to spend a little more time outside. Even though some might consider ones moderating skills, nun chuck skills, bo-staff skills as a great job, a vast majority (hypothetically speaking) have flooded anothers email and mentioned words like "gestapo" and "power trip"
You almost made me spit out my pepsi

"its pretty much my favorite animal."
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-25-05, 0:06
Banned

j0n- as to your other post that someone shouldn't be banned based on their intelligence level? That is completely irrelevant.

Case in point (thanks Kirk)- I work with many surgeons who are BRILLIANT, some might say borderline insane. They may be highly intelligent and highly skilled in their field, they suck at life otherwise and are complete A-Holes to everyone around them. Nobody likes a know-it-all, even if they're right most of the time.

Bottom line is a simple fact, rules are rules and are meant to be followed/broken.

Right OutOfHand?

post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-26-05, 23:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaman92
Comment Withheld
Quit whoring!Oh and you 1g guys are crazy.

Been there and done that............
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 0:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djlockjaw80
Quit whoring!Oh and you 1g guys are crazy.
crazy like a fox!

I agree we need to step down the whole gaint warning system thing, I mean it is generally only a small amount of people who fight. Perhaps a banning should be tossed someones way a little easier when warrented (i'm not going to touch the last issue).

Personally I'd rather just send someone who gets worked up an automatic email that says "go outside internet whore!", like a button beside the report bad post or whatever. Maybe thats more for my entertainment lol.

Being a mod is a tough job, and i repect the people who are willing to give up their free time to do it.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 0:25

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I don't feel like positing in the 1G forum anymore, its become too much like probetalks forums.

It seems to me that poor panther has been overworked, and is resorting to unwarranted force.

The 1G guys are no more unruly than the 2G ones, yet I don't see 3 stickys about getting banned.

--Jon

EDIT: Fexid spelen.
Actually I had the same thought but was afraid to bring it up, quite the catch 22. Especially agree with the last statement, I mean this is not kindergarten where you get the old" well if no one is gonna confess then you will all be punished" mentallity...that is plain rediculious.

SUPPORTER OF P.E.T.A.....ANIMALS FEEL PAIN TOO! B KIND 2 ALL BEINGS

365WHP 410TQ

BENDEDREALITY.COM
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr.JasonBH"150MPH Is what I hit."
Quote: Originally Posted by SD6 "A crackpipe is what you hit."
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 16:56

taking the fifth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators. However disagreements and criticism may not be posted within the discussion forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators. However disagreements and criticism may not be posted within the discussion forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlogauge
Im with Jon completely on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlogauge
I read the warnings before it was changed, and the reasons were because one of them corrected the others spelling. Seriously, what are we resorting to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thick
Anyone who gets angry IRL over teh internet needs to spend a little more time outside.

Quote:
Even though some might consider ones moderating skills, nun chuck skills, bo-staff skills as a great job, a vast majority (hypothetically speaking) have flooded anothers email and mentioned words like "gestapo" and "power trip"

Quote:
Case in point (thanks Kirk)-
Yer welcome! And thanks for the

Quote:
I work with many surgeons who are BRILLIANT, some might say borderline insane. They may be highly intelligent and highly skilled in their field, they suck at life otherwise and are complete A-Holes to everyone around them.
Let's be clear, here. We're talking about surgeons, right?

Quote:
Nobody likes a know-it-all, even if they're right most of the time.
Everybody likes the chance to kick one, though, when they can't kick back.

Quote:
Bottom line is a simple fact, rules are rules and are meant to be followed/broken.

Right OutOfHand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher
I agree we need to step down the whole gaint warning system thing, I mean it is generally only a small amount of people who fight. Perhaps a banning should be tossed someones way a little easier when warrented.
Et tu, Lee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce
Actually I had the same thought but was afraid to bring it up, quite the catch 22.

Catch 22, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce
Especially agree with the last statement, I mean this is not kindergarten where you get the old" well if no one is gonna confess then you will all be punished" mentallity...that is plain rediculious.

My prediction, this thread does not have 24 more hours left in it.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 17:10

Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators. Please contact the admin or moderator via pm.

~Chris

Last edited by youngbecker; 6-27-05 at 17:14.
post #11 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepCounter

Since this is not just a discussion forum, it is a site Comments forums I would generally allow these types of messages to be posted here.

Rather than complain though I would like to see any of you come up with a better way of handling it. If you have a broad criticism of the site this forum is the correct place to place it, as long as it is intellgent well thought out criticism. "This place sucks" is not likely to get you anywhere. But things like I dont like how 1st gen is handled because of a) b) c) is more likely to be discussed by the admin and mod staff.

This forum is not the place to post one on one posts like youngbeckers post about Panther. A concern that involves a single moderator should be discussed with a admin via pm or email.

~Chris

2006 Mazdaspeed6 6-spd 274/280 stock.
Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
-Isaac Asimov
post #12 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 20:41
Jon

Well, the original warning system seemed to work quite well, but I guess that is still MIA since the server change.

I think the biggest issue is that there are only a few people in 1G that cause trouble, yet the moderation staff has cracked down hard on everyone, and it feels like probetalk in there.

Thats a scary thought.
post #13 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 21:16

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Power: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepCounter
tripe
did it EVER occur to you, that your continued participation in fued with the member you refer to as "thick" is what brought the situation to a head in the first place?

did it EVER occur to you that the rest of us are SICK AND TIRED of seeing the constant baiting by you, in referring to him as thick when you quote, as well as his inevitable retorts when baited?

this whole farkin thread is pathetic.. where's the wahmbulance.

Jon - regarding the unruliness of the 2g guys - yes, yes they are. There is at least as much misbehavior in the 2g forums...

HOWEVER - this episode wasn't about any single instance.. the one thing the 2g forums does not have that the 1g forum does - is the constant and consistent fued among the same few members.

you will not find constant references to another member, baiting him along, in threads he hasnt participated in.

you will not find constant intentional mispellings of a member's name, and you will not find the aptitude with which a topic can be brought off topic.

the collection of egos is about the same among 1g to 2g membhers, however, having just recently (february) joined the 1g club, and becoming a regular in those forums from that point, i must say - the egos are FAR more beligerent, high handed, and condescending in the 1g arena...

The tension was invading other threads at will (for instance the street racing thread.. why was there ANY need, in the very first post, to bring "thick" into it (and as such), even if it were just to say "on this point we ACTUALLY agree" ?) why the hell should someone in the lounge, or wherver, have to be exposed to the tension present between two or more members, because of some stupid little fued they refuse to let go of in another area of the site? that brings down the whole site - and more than one participant in this thread, aside from sleep and sick, are a part of that fued...

we can argue semantics (in regards to the verbiage of the rules, the way they are enforced, etc) all we want but more than one of us (i'll include myself here, we've all had our episodes on this site) have become maddeningly intolerable, and regardless of the wealth of knowledge any one person might represent, it gets to the point where i would place most of you on ignore if it were acceptable, as a mod, to do so.

some of you have a serious problem simply being decent, and getting the hell over this whole intarweb thing.

94 mx6 - you name it - I did it, came up with it, tried it and rejected it, trapped 108mph with it, or just plain still have it. **Now in the caring hands of Chef**
98 jeep GC - 5.9L with every bolt on + tune. My street jeep. 30" all terrains, but runs deep 13's
2004 Subaru WRX - The laggin wagon. FOR SALE.
2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B - #37/500 - Anything that can be done, has been done. Fully built motor, Fully built transmission, big turbo, built axles, a 500hp daily driven fire breathing instrument of death (but you wouldn't know it if we went for a ride)

Last edited by Goatcrapp; 6-27-05 at 21:43.
post #14 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 21:27

some of you are the very cause of this whole episode
post #15 of 68 (permalink) Old 6-27-05, 21:56
Banned

Kirk and I actually communicated back and forth the whole while everyone was makign a media circus out of nothing. I guess it could/would be expected, afterall, the Michael Jackson case was already yesterday's news.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page