Seller Ratings System - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 9-28-04, 14:43 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

Exclamation Seller Ratings System

I have just implemented a new Seller Rating System.
This system is designed to replace the Buyer/Seller Rating Forum.

Feel free to copy your comments and ratings from earlier posts into the new system.

I will be posting information on how to use the system soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 9-28-04, 16:38 Thread Starter

To use the system you basically justy click the rating number beneath a person's name.
This will open their rating page. You can then click the 'Submit Feedback for ..." link.

This will allow you to leave feedback for a buy, sell or trade. Simple, easy system.

To view the top and bottom rated members, click the Info link up top, then Seller Ratings.

Now, here are The Rules:
1) Post feedback only for transactions that occured on the site. Any comment posted when a transaction could not be verified will be removed at the Sellers request.
2) Please choose your words carefully. You will not be allowed to edit or retract a statement more than 5 minutes after it was posted. Remember you (not MX6.com) can be held legally accountable for what you post here, so only post true facts.
3) Abuse of the system such as bogus or false ratings will not be tolerated and may result in suspension of your account.
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 9-28-04, 17:33
Yep, still here.

Power: 5

What did you end up deciding on who could post the ads?

Still requiring a subscription?

"If you hold on tight, to what you think is your thing, you may find you're missing all the rest."
-Dave Matthews
peanut butter jelly with a baseball bat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 9-28-04, 17:51

One point Sean - could the colours for Positive, Neutral and Negative be looked at? The dark green for (+) gets lost against the dark background which unfortunately makes (-) the most prominent choice...

Kinda picky, but a bit subliminal if you see what I mean.

Ken
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 9-28-04, 18:00 Thread Starter

Yep, I noticed that. I will definitely change it.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 9-30-04, 9:31

Great idea. Way to go, Scooby.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-18-04, 10:12

How do you check the Top 10 sellers? I was in that option before but I can't remember how to get back in to it...

1989 MX-6 GT - SOLD

T3/T4, MegaSquirt 'n Spark
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-18-04, 12:38 Thread Starter

At the top of the page, click Info then Seller Ratings
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-19-04, 9:06

Ahh, okay...yay, I'm on the Top Seller List!

1989 MX-6 GT - SOLD

T3/T4, MegaSquirt 'n Spark
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 3-13-05, 23:50

Garage
What do you do when someone doesn't send you anything, won't answer your pms, email or cell phone calls and has done this to other people? And when you let the mx6.com moderator know through a pm message asking advice on what to do and they don't reply? I want my [shizzle] from nightmare6 or I want my 115 dollars back. Two other people have complained about him and I was also told he was supposed to be removed from the community. When I click on his seller rating it says 404 URL not found. This is total bullshit.

viennasound

1994 Mazda MX6, almost on the road again after 9 years...
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 3-14-05, 10:53 Thread Starter

I am sorry that you lost your money, but there is really nothing we can do. The seller rating system is down until we can verify that it does not represent a security risk.
Even if it was working, it was not designed to prevent scamming. It is too easy for someone to create a brand new user.

A while back, I spent a lot of time and effort to create a seller verification system that required all sellers to register thier contact information and have a verified paypal account. Well needless to say, very few people bothered to get the proper verification so the number of items for sale dropped dramatically. Because of this there was a huge public outcry to remove the system.
I did so and posted notices that when you buy on the site, you are on your own.
There is a Buying Guidelines thread in each of the For Sale sections that makes suggestions on how to make safe purchases online.
But like the seller verification, few people bother with taking those precautions.

The fact is, if you didnt take any precautions to protect the transaction (escrow or PayPal protection) then there is not much you can do besides contact the police.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 3-14-05, 21:14

Garage
Which is fine, I understand that. What about the guy who did it to me? He didn't just do it to me, others have pm'd or replied that the same person did that to them. I respect our site and our members, that is why I do not do that to people who need help with their cars. It takes a shitty person to do that to so many of our members. He shouldn't be a part of our site and his opinion shouldn't be welcome.

I can't trust our website anymore.......... not when people can do what they want. Why don't we have a sales moderator or two. Someone who knows who people are, what they are selling and can act as a middleman for every transaction.

We can't use paypal because we have a lack in sales? The site does not benefit from these sales. Who cares if people don't like it? Tell them to go buy stuff from Nightmare6 if they want, maybe they will change their minds. I have been using our site for a few years and have never had any trouble........

Maybe all the sellers need to submit their address with proof through a waterbill or better yet, a credit card bill. Then, when they fuck someone over it can be posted, they can be disbanded and a group of us can go over to their house, beat the shit out of them and afterwards take whatever piece it was they needed off their car.

1994 Mazda MX6, almost on the road again after 9 years...
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 3-14-05, 22:21 Thread Starter

I agree with you. I actually made it a rule and enforced it a while, but it wasnt just the sellers who didnt like it. No one liked it. I got feedback from over 100 people asking to remove the restrictions so that activity selling parts would go back to normal. I reluctantly agreed but made it clear that because of this, everyone was on thier own when they bought parts.

It is also close to impossible for us to keep up with what goes on in the site. None of the moderators are paid for what they do, heck I am not paid for what I do on the site. So it is all fine and good to say people should be looking out for me, but our volunteer staff can't be expected to police everything that happens here.
Making sure people don't get scammed is really the responsibility of the buyer, not the site.

With that said, I am planning on getting the Seller Rating system back up and running soon. This, at least, will help reduce the number of repeat scams, but, in reality, the only way to prevent them is for the buyers to take the necessary precautions and to not do business with sellers who will not participate in safe selling practices.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 3-14-05, 22:22
Banned

Sounds great in theory, but would never work.

Sean- any way that the seller rating will be back up and ratings will be retroactive so to say? I bought a Greddy MBC from someone and paid right away, they sent it right away, I gave them feedback but the site crashed shortly after. I got an mail message saying that he had givin me feedback (which would be positive) but it doesn't show up. His feedback would give my 9 but mine still says 8. I'm just wondering if this would be able to be rectified if his didn't go through?

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 3-19-05, 13:39

when is this system going to be working again? clicking on the seller rating doesn't work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page