MX6.com Members of the Year Winners! - Page 2 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-2-05, 0:42

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Power: 6

wow where have i been.

while i'll say thanks and glad i could help to anyone who voted me up there - i really can think of several more helpful 2g members, more deserving of it.

ruby, congrats! member of the 2k's is more like it.

i didnt even vote lol - i must ask myself again where the heck have i been - with my head in a hole? lol.

congrats to all who won and thanks tons for your contributions to the wealth of knowledge on the site.

I still don't fully get the lambera phenomenon. :P

94 mx6 - you name it - I did it, came up with it, tried it and rejected it, trapped 108mph with it, or just plain still have it. **Now in the caring hands of Chef**
98 jeep GC - 5.9L with every bolt on + tune. My street jeep. 30" all terrains, but runs deep 13's
2004 Subaru WRX - The laggin wagon. FOR SALE.
2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B - #37/500 - Anything that can be done, has been done. Fully built motor, Fully built transmission, big turbo, built axles, a 500hp daily driven fire breathing instrument of death (but you wouldn't know it if we went for a ride)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-2-05, 11:26

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nectarbean2 via AIM

Nectarbean2: say' nectarbean would like to thank all her bitches and hoes for voting for whatever this shit is. Pce nukkas and thanks for the sticker Scooby son!'
EmX6eR: fo rreal?
EmX6eR: cause i will
Nectarbean2: no..lol
EmX6eR: damnit
Nectarbean2: if you want..do it
EmX6eR: yea?!
Nectarbean2: but dont use scooby son
EmX6eR: why!
Nectarbean2: lol.
Nectarbean2: ok fine
EmX6eR: WOOHOO
Nectarbean2: they will think you wrote it anyway..lol
EmX6eR: not when i quote that shit
Nectarbean2: they'll still think you did it
Courtney would like to extend her thanks.. she cant get on the internet at work =X .. ps i put the whole convo in there, so people woudl actually knwo that i never did change it hahah.

-Brad-
2006 Subaru WRX
2005 Honda S2000
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-2-05, 15:55

Brad sucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-2-05, 18:17

Im happy i got on the polls. (and was actually in the running)

Theres no way i am better 2 gen member than GC and Rub.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-2-05, 18:44

Power: 0

You liars, you voted for yourself and we all know it.

J/P good job guys!
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-2-05, 19:10

Wow thanks!! I'm pretty much speechless that I was chosen for a winner. I cant say too much though haha, just happy and applying the fruitage of the spirit as always.

Thanks everyone.
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-3-05, 4:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruubstr94Ls
Wow thanks!! I'm pretty much speechless that I was chosen for a winner. I cant say too much though haha, just happy and applying the fruitage of the spirit as always.

Thanks everyone.
Congrats, you more then anyone else deserve it! Easy choice really...

The big problem is, can their be a repeat winner next year? Because i don't know who else deserves it as much as you? Especially if one is looking for someone active in the technical forums....

Claeren.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-3-05, 14:23
Katdances
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Congrats to everyone who was nominated, and especially to those who won!

I have a suggestion for next year. Nominations went smoothly in the News area. But, for voting, would it be better to put the polls in the individual forums so that more members who are familiar with the nominees would participate? For instance, I wouldn't have a clue who was the best participant in the 1G forum, so my vote wouldn't really represent the best choice. Perhaps you could divide up the voting for individual titles that way, and then put the polls for Member of the Year and perhaps Best Moderator in the News Forum.

Last edited by Katdances; 2-3-05 at 15:05.
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-3-05, 16:33

Its funny thing becuase i didnt even know when the polling was going on.... And i visit daily....

If they would have been in the respective forums i would have known about them...

So i say good idea.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-3-05, 17:04
992mmx3-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katdances
Congrats to everyone who was nominated, and especially to those who won!

I have a suggestion for next year. Nominations went smoothly in the News area. But, for voting, would it be better to put the polls in the individual forums so that more members who are familiar with the nominees would participate? For instance, I wouldn't have a clue who was the best participant in the 1G forum, so my vote wouldn't really represent the best choice. Perhaps you could divide up the voting for individual titles that way, and then put the polls for Member of the Year and perhaps Best Moderator in the News Forum.
This would also at least, partially, eliminate some of the elitist/popularity contest b.s. that is floating around.
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-3-05, 17:35
Katdances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth
Its funny thing becuase i didnt even know when the polling was going on.... And i visit daily....
I didn't know anything about it either, until the last day of voting, when I noticed it mentioned in someone's signature in another forum. I usually don't check the administrative forums that often. No worries.
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-4-05, 1:26

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Power: 6

where exactly is the elitist/popularity contest bs in this? i am confused... unless you are referring to some of the past events, like miss mx6.com lol (which i WON ha)

but having read through this and the nominee thread.. im not sure i see any popularity contest or undeserved awards.. i cannot agree unless you are more specific.

gavin totally deserves his technical award. hell he would have given 2g members a run for the money as well, and he doesnt even have one. ruub is awesome, bar none. i've already expressed my view about others being more deserving in 2g, but at the same time, most of the 2g constituents HAVE been assisted by me, so enh i guess its a toss up for myself. (i would have voted for mici or skiingman personally if i saw this in time)

trents award is very accurate lol. as is sixsick6's (bwahaha)

youngbecker - dont know him well enough, can't say. this is among the "fluff" category anyway so it truly does come down to popularity (or UNpopularity in this case lol)

rick - well "enlighten" can mean many things... who else was nominated? same thing with courtney - she's been very social both on and off the board - but who else was even nominated for the position? either way, again these are tongue in cheek, almost fluff awards.

from what i can tell of the other threads - the nominees were made by members, not staff. hell i certainly didnt know i was on "the list" until someone said "hey dude, you're 2G member of the year" - to which i had to ask.. wtf is that? lol.

- just a little confused here.

agreed partially about the individual forums - definitely should have been stickies postified in the forums each award pertained to, but not limited to there.. though i don't frequent the 1g forums enough to have caught a week long vote like this, i would still be able to vote appropriately, as would others. a link TO the discussion in each forum would have been sufficient.

94 mx6 - you name it - I did it, came up with it, tried it and rejected it, trapped 108mph with it, or just plain still have it. **Now in the caring hands of Chef**
98 jeep GC - 5.9L with every bolt on + tune. My street jeep. 30" all terrains, but runs deep 13's
2004 Subaru WRX - The laggin wagon. FOR SALE.
2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B - #37/500 - Anything that can be done, has been done. Fully built motor, Fully built transmission, big turbo, built axles, a 500hp daily driven fire breathing instrument of death (but you wouldn't know it if we went for a ride)
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-4-05, 15:23

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have to say...Im a bit flabergasted by all this.

I swear to you, It was after the fact that I was notified about this and then I really couldnt make heads or tails of this. "what do you mean MOTY?"....what have I done thats so more special than anyone else on the boards?", "who nominated me in the first place?", "who would vote for me in the second?"....."unpossible!"

Well, thanks to those who apparently thought that Ive been doing good things for the forums (personally, I would have voted for Sleepcounter but what do I know? Im a hack with a 1st gen)

And congrats to all the others who got recognition for their, er...special talents.

Gavin
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-4-05, 17:05

decals 'r' us

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin
I have to say...Im a bit flabergasted by all this.

I swear to you, It was after the fact that I was notified about this and then I really couldnt make heads or tails of this. "what do you mean MOTY?"....what have I done thats so more special than anyone else on the boards?", "who nominated me in the first place?", "who would vote for me in the second?"....."unpossible!"
As I seldom make it to the general areas (and virtually never to the 2G areas) I cannot with any authourity comment on those folks, but within the 1G realm, I think your strengths have been:
  • education without confrontation -- you have a knack of straightening people out without pissing them off
  • considered opinion as well as knowledge -- you don't post opinion as fact, when you post fact, it is scrupulously researched and impeccably referenced, when you post opinion, it is unfailingly identified as such and your infrequent speculative messages couch your speculation in clear concise terms based upon reason rather than hearsay
  • play your strong suit -- your knowledge is considerable but you tend to tread gently into areas where there are gaps
  • humility -- you post your failures as well as your successes and don't try to cast blame for your failures elsewhere
  • historical perspective -- you have a unique perspective as well as archival materials unmatched anywhere else that I've seen here and you share your resources willingly and graciously.

With the possible exception of magik, no one else in the 1G areas even comes close in so many of those traits. Congratulations!

Quote:
Well, thanks to those who apparently thought that Ive been doing good things for the forums
Perhaps they knew of your good works -- don't go overboard with that humility thing! 'Tweren't no trick of perspective!

Quote:
(personally, I would have voted for Sleepcounter but what do I know? Im a hack with a 1st gen)
There's a saying involving silk purses which your ride and your contributions here embody.

I suspect I got most of my votes from users who liked seeing Damian trapped by (and confronted with) his own words. Surely you aren't one of them?
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 2-5-05, 0:31

Quote:
what have I done thats so more special than anyone else on the boards?
You have the balls to try new things and not be ashamed if they fail. This is not a common trait in the mx6/probe community. Most bitch about there not being an aftermarket, you make one. Hell I've never even owned a 1g, but I drop by the 1g Forums just to read some of your stuff. Some how I think sleepcounter puts it much better then I could.

......|. .| Check out my fourm its like the lounge but better I have secrets too
\\\\\( V )///// They're scary
.\\\\/v.v\////
. \\\(vvv)///
...../|\ /|\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page