To participate in the MX6.com online forums, you must agree to abide by our rules and policies. We encourage active debate and free speech, but remember you are our guest here. Civil and ethical conduct are required. To this end, you must agree to abide by the following rules and guidelines. Ignorance of these rules is not an excuse for not following them.
- Be Nice - Please exercise tact and refrain from insulting others or disrupting ongoing discussions with inflammatory speech. Do not post material that is defamatory, abusive, threatening, or harassing.
- Discrimination - Do not post messages that are racially offensive, or discriminatory to any group based on race, religion, gender, age, or national origin. Feel free to bash Rice Boys, though.
- Flame Wars - Do not start or participate in flame wars. Following the previous two rules should prevent this from happening.
- Offensive/Adult Content - You will not post material that is sexually or otherwise obscene and has no educational purpose or any significant relevance to an ongoing and legitimate discussion.
- Illegal Content - You may not post any content that is illegal including (but not limited to) copyright material, serial numbers, links to sites hosting pirated or illegal material or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Exceptions to this standard are covered by the US Federal law regarding fair use, 17 USCS 107, and related case law, which holds that only partial excerpts of copyrighted material may be reproduced, and only as necessary for criticism or comment.
- Malicious Links - You may not post "joke" links that result in multiple popups, moving the browser window or anything else that takes control of the browser window or prevents the user from closing it.
- Privacy - You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing against someone's will information that is private and personal.
- Advertising - MX6.com is largely supported by the revenues generated by advertsing sponsors. For this reason, no advertising of any kind is allowed to be posted, except:
1) sales of cars by members posted in the Cars For Sale forum
2) individual parts by members who are not professional distributors in the For Sale forum
3) Bulk Buys organized by members who are participating in the BB posted in the Bulk Buy forum
4) specific experience with a vendor in the Bulk Buy Coordinator and Vendor Ratings forum
The posting of general information about parts vendors outside of the normal topic of a discussion is prohibited. Anyone selling cars or parts for profit will be considered a professional vendor and will not be allowed to advertise on the site unless they become a sponsor. For information about advertising on MX6.com, please contact Sean Mathis (Scooby).
- Spam - Do not spam the board by posting multiple threads or posts on the same subject. Advertising spammers will be banned from the site immediately.
- Forum Topics - Please post messages in the most applicable forum.
- Double posting - Do not post the same thread in multiple forums. Also do not post replies to yourself, edit your posts to add content instead. Redundant posting is considered spam.
- Post Whoring - Repeatedly posting messages with little or not content (just a few words, like "I Agree") contributing to a legitimate discussion is considered post whoring. Post whoring is not tolerated any forum except the Lounge. Even in the Lounge only a moderate amount of whoring will be tolerated.
- Thread Subjects - Please use descriptive and accurate subjects when posting a new thread. Avoid using too general subjects like "I need help" or "Saw something interesting". Make an effort to include "keywords" that would benefit those making use of the search feature.
- Hijacking - Please refrain from "hijacking" a legitimate discussion by diverting it off topic. If an interesting point is brought up in a discussion but is not consistent with the original topic, then post a new thread and link to it from the original thread.
- Formatting - Do not post in ALL CAPS (it is considered shouting and is rude). Do not use l33t speech or slang that would not be easily read. Also please make an attempt at checking your post for accuracy in spelling and grammar. It is sometimes difficult to determine the intended message in a post containing poor grammar and spelling.
- Personal (Attn) Messages - The public board is for use to post public messages. Any message that is intended for an individual must be sent via the PM system or email.
- Avatars - The small pictures beneath your name are reserved for staff and donating members.
- Signatures - Signatures may be NO MORE THAN 5 LINES OF NORMAL TEXT when viewed in a maximized browser window at 1024x768 resolution. The [scrollup] tag may be used to display more than five lines, HOWEVER, this tag represents 4 LINES of text, so only ONE additional line of normal text may be included. Text of point size larger than 3 will be considered 2 lines of text. You may not have more than five lines in your sig even if using size 1 text unless you insert it into a scrollup tag.
Violators of the sig rule will be warned, if you do not comply with the sig guildlines after being warned, your sig feature will be permanently removed.
- Donations - The donation system is temporarily disabled due to maintenance of the board. An announcement will be posted once it is back up and running.
- Moderation - You agree that if asked, you will yield to the requests of the forum moderators and/or administrators.
Generally, Administrators and Moderators endeavor to provide fair warning regarding behavior which might warrant their intervention. Failure to heed warnings from the moderators and/or administrators is grounds for suspension of posting privileges. Except in the case of malicious behavior such as spamming or flooding which requires an immediate response, the decision to disable an account is discussed amongst the moderating team, to ensure objectivity.
- Comments/Suggestions - Please post your suggestions for improvements to the board in the Comments/Suggestions forum.
- Complaints - Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators. However disagreements and criticism may not be posted within the discussion forums. Please contact Sean Mathis (Scooby) directly with issues regarding complaints or disagreement with moderator action. Keep in mind that complaints that are not supported with evidence, such as quotes and links to their source topics, will make it more difficult to respond.
- Rights - MX6.com is private property. The administrators of the site reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary to maintain the site including, but not limited to, deleting, moving, splitting and editing threads and posts, editing, modifying permissions and removing user accounts, and banning users from the site.
- Enforcement - Please recognize the real-time nature of this bulletin board: we (the moderating team) cannot always monitor the contents of posted messages, and we depend upon you to inform us when participants or their messages are violating our policy as stated here. Please use the 'Report this post to a Moderator' link at the bottom-right of every post to report an offending message. You also recognize that we cannot respond immediately to such notices and that some time may pass before any warranted action is taken.
- Accuracy - Recognize that we (the moderating team) do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy of any information posted here, and that any message expresses the views of its author, not necessarily the views of this site.
- Liability - You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this site, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We (the moderating team) also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
- Privacy - Notwithstanding the option to respond "No" to the member preference question, "Allow Administrators and Moderators to send you email notices?," it is understood that Administrators and/or Moderators may occasionally send you e-mail notices regarding matters which they deem to be important. Personal information will not be released to any outside party unless required by law.