Rally Mx6 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 9-17-09, 8:52 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Rally Mx6

Has anyone converted either a 1st gen or 2nd gen into a rally car? Doesn't matter what kind. Targa, point-to-point. If anyone has pics of a MX6 converted into a race car/rally car that would be great.

custom spoiler, 15% tint, 17inch MB motosport rims w/ Faulken Tires, Custom Magnaflow Cat-back exhuast, 215/45 tires, foglights, clear corner bulds and Halo headlights. Indiglo Gauges, Inside LED lights, Mazdaspeed Racing seats, customs forced air intake, Painted interior with suede armrest.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2103211

owned since May of 2001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 9-17-09, 21:25

Power: 6

Piers14 races his 2g regularly. He has a fully stripped interior and I believe he just cut out the spare tire well to remove even more weight.

Old picture:

His interior. Not sure how old these pictures are.

More here

Weaksauce has a 2g that's pretty well set up to be a race car or track car. He also has a stripped interior. I believe he has removed around 400 pounds from his car.

I'll be joining the stripped interior club soon too. I have my dry ice waiting for tomorrow morning and I will be removing the heater core and everything else behind the dash. The cage will be a while though.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 9-20-09, 15:38

Power: 6

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 9-20-09, 23:02

Power: 5

On converting an MX6 to a rally car - Tarmac rallies i can imagine it'd be a lot of fun and in that case just look at peirs's car - track and tarmac rally isnt a huuuuuge difference in major set up points - just lots of minor changes.

Dont bother trying to get it into a dirt rally though unless youve got a lot of cash to replace things that break. We dont have strong enough cars to cope with dirt rally.

My MX6 is a daily driven track (ish) car - I'm about to start the weight reduction game as I'm going to move up a class cause its slower than the class I'm in at the moment...

Daily - '92 2G -- White, KLZE, Selex coilovers, full black leather interior, CAI, pacesetters, exhaust 16x8 BBS RS (replicas)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 5-9-19, 0:38

Power: 0

Having just bought a nice little '92 GT, I am toying around with the idea of turning it into a TSD (Time speed Distance) rally runner that can still be a half decent daily. Nice to see I am not the only one who has thought of something similar to this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page