LinkBack Thread Tools
post #256 of 1622 (permalink) Old 6-30-03, 23:26

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Quote:
Originally posted by youngstudd
that would be really cool if you found that thread out for me. i'd appreciate it big time. im having a hard time finding an intake that does what i want at the cost i want.

thanx,
shawn
Search Probetalk.com, and MX6.com for "home depot intake." Tons and i do mean tons of members use this as a means of air induction. If you don't wanna spend a ton on a hotshot, make your own intake. Cold air rocks.
Peace
Colin

*update* found this for ya... http://www.probetalk.com/forums/show...e+depot+intake

enjoy

93 Electric Red PGT: HKS CAI, Gutted cat, 2.5'' custom exhaust, Chopped shifter, Clutchmaster II R, MX-3 Flywheel, Tokico blue series 2 way struts, dropzone coilovers, dc sports strut tower bars, Pioneer premier head unit, infinity perfect components, Custom 12'' sub, window tint.
Http://www.teamspeed6colorado.com/

Last edited by Plunky27; 6-30-03 at 23:42.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Damn Damn Damn

The thing that might have happened that I talked about isin't gonna happen anymore. The whole story:

Me and my dad are driving up to work in Boulder, and see an RX-7 parked in the parking lot at a gas station. We pull by to look at it. It has a nice carbon fiber hood, but the whole front end is missing. Maybe it had been in an accident. We don't know. So we think little about it and go to work. Few days later, we see the same car at the same gas station with a for sale sign on it. Now im interested. The guy selling it worked at the gas station, but also turned out to be the owner of XTC motorsports. He was selling the car for 12K. 6K miles on a new engine and turbos installed by Mazda, full catback exhaust, downpipe, the front end would be replaced with the front of my choice, the paint on the entire car was less than a year old, interior was in good condition. And I would get parts from XTC for cost for as long as I own the car. 93 RX-7 in good shape for 12K, negotiable. So I get kinda excited, even more so when instead of telling me I can't afford it, my dad decides that hes gonna do all he can to help me buy this car. But I don't have any money saved, and I don't know how quick im gonna be able to sell my car. Find out the next day that my best friend is gonna get a new car, and would be more than happy to give me 4K for mine as soon as I wanna sell it. Everythings falling into place. Im getting kinda excited. Until I get the insurance quote. $350 a month, and rates were just about to go up. That means that the insurance on that car would be more than the car payment. Doesn't life suck a big fat nut?

"Now get out of here before I gouge your eyes out with my huge purple cock." - Grimace, MacDonalds Spokesperson

Custom CAI, Remote Keyless, Chopped Shifter, Black Painted Tails, Custom Painted Interior, Aftermarket Fogs, ACT Stage II clutch and MX-3 flywheel, performance radiator, Poly filled front motor mount.

hey norv the springs has had a grip of cops out lately and even check points down academy so it is kinda sketchy right now but i am going down there this weekend so i will check it out, all cuz fast and the furious bs.
jeff

1990 626 GT:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Co93MX6-2
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Sorry to hear about that Nate. Sounds like a reasonable deal, maybe you could have gotten him down to around 10 or soo. Its funny how our 2nd gen mx6 is considered a sports car and you get charged for that on insurance but its really not. When you want to own a real sports car like that RX7, you end up finding out what a real sports car cost to drive. UGHHH it all sucks I know. Sorry man.

I need to get out on the road, not necessarily to race but to take a nice drive..... but I will be willing to back anybody up if they were willing to run. That makes alot of sence huh.
Anyways still planing to paint most of the 6 this weekend if not all of it. I need a booth bad. Any body have any resources? How about a garage that is seperated from a house or something. Anything..... The paints not so bad its the clear that will ****ing kill you, it sticks so bad. Well if anybody has a sudgestion other than my garage. let me know asap. before this weekend. Thanks

Norv
post #260 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-2-03, 19:49
sean95/LS

hey team speed6

my name is Sean and i live in Arvada Colorado and i was just interested in your group and was wondering if i could meet up with you guys some day. i have a green 95 LS that i am working on right now so its not running but i hope it will be soon and i have a lot of plans for it in the future so if someone could let me in on whats going on that would be great.
post #261 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-3-03, 13:33

Power: 0

All you need to do is check up on this thread every once in a while. We are trying to plan a meet soon. Welcome to mx6.com\

Evan
post #262 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-3-03, 14:04

Re: Damn Damn Damn

Quote:
Originally posted by N8crlsn
Until I get the insurance quote. $350 a month, and rates were just about to go up. That means that the insurance on that car would be more than the car payment. Doesn't life suck a big fat nut?

check now without PIP gaurantee it will be about 100 bucks less..........
post #263 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-3-03, 21:16
youngstudd

Lightbulb

thanx collin i'll try it out and see how it goes. it should work for a temp. untill i find something good. are you going to be up at bandi on sat? dana said something about it and we are thinking of going. well hit me back.

peace,
shawn

Quote:
Originally posted by youngstudd
thanx collin i'll try it out and see how it goes. it should work for a temp. untill i find something good. are you going to be up at bandi on sat? dana said something about it and we are thinking of going. well hit me back.

peace,
shawn

wurd... yeah man, if you do a good job makin a cold air, it should just be your intake. spending 150 bucks on a hotshot couldn't be MUCH better if any at all.... I was going to go the homemade route and then a turn of events involving the elusive yet bad ass josh got me a cold air for cheap. But anyways, i don't think i'm going to bandi on saturday... I don't even know of anything going on at bandi on saturday. Maybe you know something i don't. I'm still just chillin out workin everyday waiting for my clutch and flywheel to arrive and starting to get impatient. But tomorrow is my day off, and i'm getting wasted tonight. Anyone who cares to join me, hit me up.
303-913-0344
Peace
Colin

P.S. GT TURBO... a girl i'm kinda dating said she saw a black 4 door with rims and blacked out windows with speed six badges on it going down santa fe today. I figured that it had to be you...

93 Electric Red PGT: HKS CAI, Gutted cat, 2.5'' custom exhaust, Chopped shifter, Clutchmaster II R, MX-3 Flywheel, Tokico blue series 2 way struts, dropzone coilovers, dc sports strut tower bars, Pioneer premier head unit, infinity perfect components, Custom 12'' sub, window tint.
Http://www.teamspeed6colorado.com/

Location: 5900 ft above you aka the highest elevation state in the USA

I spotted a white Mx6 ls today at a stoplight in ft collins with an exhaust, rims, red painted calipers, and a custom sub box in place of rear seats. I was stuck in traffic and couldn't chase him down. Anyone here drive that car?

Also norv, I know of a place you can paint but it will have to be soon, within the month most likely. I'm going to be out of town for about 2 weeks so give Dalton a call @ 9703082994 about the details. He's painting his car there too so just let him know what's up and he should be able to hook you up.

94 MX3: 400+ whp E85 alcoholic. 13.0 @ 114 Gone but never forgotten.
01 Yamaha YZ250
04 Suzuki GSX-R600 12.55 @ 115.4
98 Ford Ranger 2wd- 5.0L TT 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs
95 PGT- lowered, 18's, n/a and staying that way
post #266 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-4-03, 13:17

just installed the Eibachs yesterday-> Worst thing to ever to for a car, i mean the installation really sucked!
post #267 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-4-03, 16:15
Co93MX6-2

Thanks Man, I called him just now and left him a message. This car is completely torn apart and ready to go.

Quote:
just installed the Eibachs yesterday-> Worst thing to ever to for a car, i mean the installation really sucked!
Sorry to hear about your bad experience installing those springs. My instation took about 2 hours and bam I was back on the road, No problems what so ever. So how do you like the ride?

Quote:
my name is Sean and i live in Arvada Colorado and i was just interested in your group and was wondering if i could meet up with you guys some day.......
Like Evan said just stay in tuned to MX6.com. I'm sure if you just wanted to meet some of the people 1 too 1. I'm sure someone would come out to meet you. I've done alot of that in the past when we didnt have a meet for a while but my car is all torn apart right now soo..... Sorry otherwise we could get together with just a few people.
post #268 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-4-03, 19:15

The ride is great, I think that it is smoother and stiffer at the same time, it is kinda hard to explain. The real test is going to be tomorrow since I have an autocross to win !

I will post an update on the performance afterwards. Cant wait.
Later
post #269 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-4-03, 19:21 Thread Starter

Yeah I got eibachs too. I'll be installing mine hopefully next week. I'm just waiting for parts to come in. I', replacing just about everything important.
Cusco piro ball mounts up front, tockico blues on all fours, eibachs, kyb rear strut mounts, mazda oem rubber and it think thats about it.
So lets plan a meet soon. Its summer and time to party.
evo
post #270 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-5-03, 18:12
sean95/LS

Like Evan said just stay in tuned to MX6.com. I'm sure if you just wanted to meet some of the people 1 too 1. I'm sure someone would come out to meet you. I've done alot of that in the past when we didnt have a meet for a while but my car is all torn apart right now soo..... Sorry otherwise we could get together with just a few people. [/B][/QUOTE]

thanks man sounds good ill let u guys know when my car is ready and ill meet up some day. BTW i saw a slick looking red 2nd gen mx6 pulled over last night on I70 and kipling, just wondering if it was any or you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page