Colorado Team Speed6 - Page 19 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-5-03, 21:41

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 0

At the autocross today, the springs were terrible! I am not ruling them out yet. The problem was massive understeer. All i need to fix that is a beefier rear sway bar and then some better tires, but of course i need better tires since I am using my every day driving tires!!

I need a job first!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-6-03, 23:43
Co93MX6-2
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Some progress today

Co93MX6-2

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Co93MX6-2

Hope you guys like it. should be totally done by next week

Norv

Last edited by Co93MX6-2; 7-7-03 at 0:22.

Thats one sweet color for that car!
Thats not a factory color is it?

How are you painting it? what paint brand and tools?
I want to repaint my hood and my front bumper, i think
that my dad has tools, but anyways i am rambling...
thats what a party will do to ya

later

NORV!!....that is amazing....like beautiful....that makes me happy..

looks sweet norv!!!!! hey if any of you guys know of or see a 6 for sale let me know please i think im gonna get ANOTHer one...maybe the 3rd time will be a charm lol.
post #278 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-7-03, 21:29

yeah that was me on sante fe i usually drive on that road everyday from school to work. looks really nice norv, are u going to paint the whole car or just the primered parts and did u take the spoiler off
jeff
post #279 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-7-03, 21:39
Co93MX6-2

Ive been keeping an eye out for you Justin.

I took off the front bumper,back bumper and spoiler to make it a little easier on me. So i dont have to paint the hole bloody thing in one shot, more like 5 sections. Remeber I'm doing this in my garage and it ****ing kills me just painting that much. It will be done soon, and yes I'm keeping the middle running up the car red just to give me some differences from other cars. YOu wont miss me. For now.

Thanks guys

Norv

thanks norv i appreciate it, you know i'll be needin some more stickas too. gotta represent, although i think the stickers will be alot easier to come by than the 6 lol anyway your car looks great can't wait to see it in person.

hey guys... I got my clutchmaster stage II in the mail yesterday!! So then i call up checker and ask them whats up with my mx-3 flywheel and they say theyve had it since the 3rd and that the phone number i gave them was wrong... ok whatever.... so i go down there pick it up, take it home, then check up on probetalk for all the little details about it that i should be able to see by looking at it ( to make sure its the right one ) and i read a thread saying the code on the side should read KL08 and it should have 8 bolt holes for the crank. Well mine read BP05 and it had 6 bolt holes. So then i found a thread about a guy that had the same problem as I, but he waited til he split the tranny to figure out that its the flywheel for the 4 cylinder, not the V6 . So now i get to wait 2 more days til it gets here. Then, its on... Hopefully, if you plan on doing this mod, you read this and don't make the same mistake i was about to make. that would have really sucked...

peace,
Colin

Last edited by Plunky27; 7-9-03 at 1:33.
post #282 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-9-03, 1:30 Thread Starter

Power: 5

I just finshed lowering my car and please stop looking for the car with the huge white bumper because that is no longer on the car. I painted my side skirts and now the car has that JDM look only the paint is a little dinged up. Any my next mod is tuning the sob. That should be done in the next few weeks or so.
evo

Location: 5900 ft above you aka the highest elevation state in the USA

Well hello hello. I'm back in town, and I just had 4 wisdom teeth surgically removed today. Let me tell you, percocet and the pain killer they gave me through an IV works wonders

Yesterday I cracked open my spare tranny I got from a junkyard and tighted the shift gate bolts (problem that happened with mine) so that this tranny won't pull the same stunts. and the inside of it looked great

As soon as I regain my mental state I'll be starting on the swap. If anyone has any spare time next week and would like to give me a hand, let me know. I would like to get this done in a day, I just need some help dropping the old one and lifting the new one in. everything else I can do myself since this will be my 3rd time doing it. 9706677526

Then later this year it's time for a bigger T3 turbo (60 trim T3, right now I have a 45 trim) more boost, an ECU chip, 450cc DSM injectors w/ a rising rate fuel pressure regulator to run them, water sprayers for the IC, homemade alki/water injection system, 2G strut/spring coversion for handling and 1.5" lowering, and some new seats and interior pieces. Damn, some of you guys really need to catch up

Anyone down for a meet, let me know a week and a half in advance so I can make it.

Norv, that car looks damn sweet. I want to see that in person

Brandon

94 MX3: 400+ whp E85 alcoholic. 13.0 @ 114 Gone but never forgotten.
01 Yamaha YZ250
04 Suzuki GSX-R600 12.55 @ 115.4
98 Ford Ranger 2wd- 5.0L TT 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs
95 PGT- lowered, 18's, n/a and staying that way

Last edited by rebel2k4; 7-9-03 at 1:43.
post #284 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-9-03, 4:19 Thread Starter

Hey I have next Monday and tuesday off I could help you then Brandon if you dont mind riding with me and helping me tune the FE3 a little better.
In a few weeks or so I'm going to pay a guy that tunes F1 cars and other 4clys to tune my car. Hopefully that will work out. Tommorow I'll take new pics of my car, it no longer looks like a rice burner.
evo
post #285 of 1622 (permalink) Old 7-9-03, 13:08

Location: 5900 ft above you aka the highest elevation state in the USA

Hey luke that sounds great. I just need to find out my work schedule next week and we're on. I should have it down to just tranny bolts and the passenger CV joint ( since you have a good method for getting those out) by the time you get here, so we can do it fast. I am also dying to ride in your car now with that SDS.

BTW: do you have any old spare tires w/o rims that we can use to pull the tranny out on?

I'll give ya a call ASAP

Brandon

94 MX3: 400+ whp E85 alcoholic. 13.0 @ 114 Gone but never forgotten.
01 Yamaha YZ250
04 Suzuki GSX-R600 12.55 @ 115.4
98 Ford Ranger 2wd- 5.0L TT 408 rwhp 491 ft lbs
95 PGT- lowered, 18's, n/a and staying that way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page