UPOC - Page 101 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwooshmanD
My apartment is less than a block from all japanese in wj. You didnt happen to notice if there was front driver side turn signal?
Hey, I think I might have one! I know I hacked up one of my stock one's, after I put my jspecs on, and I don't remember if it was the DS or PS... I'll check tomorrow!

94 mx6 ls... parked... still
03/05 Spec-V sentra. 03 body, 05 motor. Runs, Just gotta fix something weekly it seems like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidin Sideways
I have driven other 6s and they don't have the speed that mine does for a 4 banger.
Your Profile says you have an LS ... but I wasn't quite sure because of the wording of your question. Do you have a 4 cylinder motor? If so those mystery heads are only on the earliest '93 2.5L engines. That changed them that same year because the combustion chamber was a carbon factory and they started tiking pretty bad. But I imagine a good clean would have done the job!

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]

What are these mystery heads were talking about? I have a very early 93 (april of 92 or something crazy). Were they only in japan or were they here?

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Here. In the US. The J specs have 200 HP KLZE. Look between the intake runners on the back side of the front head. It would have a 1A1 or 1Ha stamped into it. The 1H1's are the heads that have a slightly higher compression do to a shorter cumbustion chamber. You can acheive the same thing by having the 1A1 heads decked. It's a small diffrence, but I beleive can give a good 10 hp diffrence.

Josh, I'm good for playing tonight!

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

Mike, when are you going to be in the valley? Or are you already?

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

I just called All Japanese about the black 95 mx6, they don't have it in the computer yet, and owers son, Brandon, said he thinks the turn signal is still there. $25.00 for the turn signal.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Need a Turn signal

Laters
Ryan
Do you have an extra turn signal or are you taunting me?

Quote:
Do you have an extra turn signal or are you taunting me?

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

$20 for the signal and it's yours

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Sweet. I'll let ya know when i am ready for it. The engine should go in tonight and hopefully i'll get it started tonight.

Hey Ryan, you should check your PM's, and let me know on a price for sure!

94 mx6 ls... parked... still
03/05 Spec-V sentra. 03 body, 05 motor. Runs, Just gotta fix something weekly it seems like.

Quote:
Sweet. I'll let ya know when i am ready for it. The engine should go in tonight and hopefully i'll get it started tonight.
Sounds like a late night if your putting the engine in and starting it....
Things never go how you plan, and always take longer than they should, expecially when your in a hurry. It takes me about 4-5 hours to put an engine in and hook it up by myself. That's not including swaping out the tranny, clutch, and flywheel.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

I'm really hoping to get the engine dropped in and connected. I'm trying to decide if its a good idea to start it before i hook up the cv's. I'm a little paranoid but i'm trying to decide if i should start the engine before i hook back up the cv's (incase the new waterpump is not sealed perfectly).

The water pump can be changed with the engin in the bay. However, you do not need to have the halfshafts hooked up to start it. As long as you have the intermediate shaft inserted in the tranny to keep the differential from droping down inside the tranny. I haven't seen this happen, but have herd cautions. However, consider this. You will not want to run the engine very long without having gear oil in the tranny, and you can not fill the tranny if the output shafts (axle) are not inserted in the tranny.
There is not much you can do wrong on the water pump. It comes with a rubber gasket, even if you didn't use extra selant, the rubber gasket will seal good if you torqued the bolts down properly.

So I'm guessing you pulled both halfshafts out before removing the old engine?? I should have warned you against that... to late now. It saves time and the need for an alignment if you seperate the drivers side CV joint, leaving part of the half shaft in the tranny and the axle hanging down. Then once the engine is free and ready to pull, you can moved it to the drivers side and seperate the pass side halfshaft from the intermediate shaft. This also saves your tranny fluid if you are not ready to change it.

If you have any questions or need advice tonight, just call me. I've been there, I promiss. hm 955-3096 wk 902-4406

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

Sorry, guys ... no go tonight cause I'm driving up in 10 minutes. I'm down with tomorrow evening though. Bill, I will call you since I know you want to borrow it. Anyone else ... I'll be up there Sat. evening prolly.

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page