LinkBack Thread Tools

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK
Your Profile says you have an LS ... but I wasn't quite sure because of the wording of your question. Do you have a 4 cylinder motor? If so those mystery heads are only on the earliest '93 2.5L engines. That changed them that same year because the combustion chamber was a carbon factory and they started tiking pretty bad. But I imagine a good clean would have done the job!
I have the 4 banger,I have converted it to an LS except the engine (big part of course,soon though) I will have to check behind the engine to make sure. I only saw the H on the side of the block next to the air intake.

When I bought the car, the only thing that I saw was the resonator, plugs and wires, I installed the Intake. As an example of speed capability. @almost 7K 1st gear 40mph 2nd gear 60mph 3rd gear 90mph and the car dies out @ approx 110mph.

I have excellent take off and the car has really good compression and is fantastic in 2nd and 3rd gears.

Hey Ryan,
I think my clutch might be going, here are the symptoms, push the clutch pedal it squeaks and smells like brake fluid, drains the eninge power at stops.

If it is, then I need to find perf parts for an upgrade. Any ideas?

Bill, I am not there yet. I am still trying to sell our home here. I am coming up in about 2 weeks to look for property and to see the Fam.

Talk Soon,

Mike

Go Down Really Fast, If something gets in your way, Turn ! B.O.D. 1986 (Long live John Cusak)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mike, Ryan might be a while, he's in and out... I can tell you that if your smelling brake fluid, it is no the clutch disc. If you smell the fluid in the car, you are probably dealing with a leaking clutch master cylinder. The leak will cause the presure to blead off of the slave cylinder and make the clutch start grabbing.

Good luck, see you in a couple weeks.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

We pulled the transmission with the engine. Were plannin on putting it back in the same way. I hope that isnt going to be a problem.
We had a problem getting the passenger side half shaft out of the hub so that half shaft and intermediate bearing support are still connected. After much pounding we mushroomed the end of the shaft. Its going to need some grinding to get the axle nut back on but thank god i'm not the one doing it.

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts

Last edited by SwooshmanD; 1-6-06 at 18:51.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I've mushroomed a few shafts before

As far as the engine and tranny pull, I always pull them as one, much quicker and thus easier.

Mike I agree with Bill...Sounds like something hydraulic...

Josh, lemme know when you want to finish your seats, I've got wire and everything ready to go, and will you be Karting on Sunday?? I'll be there for sure!

Jason, PM's sent

Yay, skiing tomorrow, karting Sunday...it's gonna be a great weekend of G-forces!!

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

hey has anyone ever thought of getting a seat heater and putting it under the fabric of their seats??? lol.
I knows sumpthin

Oh, yeah, I've though of that before...Use a modified electric blanket/heating pad...it could work, however I'd be afraid of burning my ass if something went bad

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpendl1
Mike, Ryan might be a while, he's in and out... I can tell you that if your smelling brake fluid, it is no the clutch disc. If you smell the fluid in the car, you are probably dealing with a leaking clutch master cylinder. The leak will cause the presure to blead off of the slave cylinder and make the clutch start grabbing.

Good luck, see you in a couple weeks.
Thanks Bill,

I pulled the car in the garage tonight was doing the standard gear check(1st gear to reverse etc.) The pedal went all the way to the floor, smoke started coming from the engine bay, smelled like burned fluid. It shifts fine however and I just put a new hose on in the last 3 months. I am hoping it would be the master cylinder, it would be much easier. It has never slipped or grinds while shifting.
I am hoping to work on it tomorrow after my appts with my clients.

Bill Can I call you tomorrow with any questions I might have for the fix.
email if you would like. [email protected]

Thanks,

Mike

Go Down Really Fast, If something gets in your way, Turn ! B.O.D. 1986 (Long live John Cusak)

301 miles / 10.5 gallons = 28.5mpg. That's what I got this weekend heading up to Idaho Falls. Not quite the 30mpg I was hoping for, but decent. I got 30.5mpg coming back from Cali last summer, but this time I was caring a passenger and prolly 200lbs of gear.

145mph (speedo indicated). Ok, send me the hatemail! I know ... but I got new tires!!

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
I knows sumpthin

145mph...What RPM...And how steep of a hill were you on

But really, you've got to be shitting me...at this altitude, you made it to 145mph?? I would assume your car is running very well finally!!

And not bad mileage at all, that's what I got to and from Vegas...same scenario, passenger, gear...and on the 18's...

JOSH!! We're doing Vegas end of the month, last weekend...Interested?

And you ALL need to learn to ski...50mph carving down a groomer is VERY fun, kind of like running AutoCross...down a hill...wearing snowpants...But no cones...just trees off to the side

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen

The GL is officially dead! I went out to start it tonight and the timing belt broke. very very sad...
so Ryan, I'm hoping maybe you can help me get it to the junk yard at some point? I'll take you to lunch or something, lol. in the mean time, does anyone want parts off of it? I need the seats, and I think i will take the rims and the climate control, but if anyone else needs a part...just lemme know and I'll pull it off. I have the mirrors if someone wants them. all glass pieces are good except the front windshield, a good automatic tranny maybe we can bash it up like that rusty mx6

anyway, just thought I'd share. I'm kinda sad about it, but oh well...
I knows sumpthin

We can bash it...we'll name it 'Teh Gay Probe' and call it a Gay Bash!!

He he...damn, I'm funny...?

Well...what do you want to do next weekend, get your SE over here or haul off your PGL? We may be able to do it all, but we'll have to get my POS on the trailer the night before, early morning junkyard, take care of yours, and THEN get the SE...Sounds like a pain in the ass of a Saturday morning to me...where is the GL at?

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Jason, PM's sent
Wahh? I havn't received any??!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
And you ALL need to learn to ski...50mph carving down a groomer is VERY fun, kind of like running AutoCross...down a hill...wearing snowpants...But no cones...just trees off to the side
bahh... I'll come down there and hit the slopes with you one weekend... But, i'll only be on one board

94 mx6 ls... parked... still
03/05 Spec-V sentra. 03 body, 05 motor. Runs, Just gotta fix something weekly it seems like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I'll come down there and hit the slopes with you one weekend... But, i'll only be on one board
hehe, sounds like me

sure, we'll get that other car up on the trailor, deal w/ the "gay" probe, then the SE...the GL is where you picked me up the other day, 800 south and 1100 east. I'll get all my crap out of it and start ripping parts off. and the SE is in west valley.
if you really want, I have another SE that's at a mechanic shop in salt lake by the place we had lunch at...you can have it if you want...4-banger w/ a bad auto tranny, but the engine runs...

anyway, I have to go to work (circuit city) tomorrow because I still don't know if i'm canned or not. so I'll go in just incase I can work the next three days and get another few hundred out of the company

later all

I didn't end up working on the car on Friday so i'm a little behind schedule. We got the engine in yesterday. I've still got another day of work ahead of me but if i'm lucky it should hear it crank over today. Anyways, i'm out to freeze things off and get some shit done.

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts
I knows sumpthin

Hmm, Though I sent a PM...Sorry...I'll go see what I need to send you

Zach, sounds good, we'll work out the details in person

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page