UPOC - Page 104 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

hey ryan, here's that thread I was telling you about w/ the 400whp on a dsm with a 50-trim...
http://dsmtuners.com/forums/showthre...hlight=50+trim
not bad i think...
a t3 would be a lot easier to do, because flanges to weld onto the exhaust manifold can be had for $15 on ebay, and for $5 an exhaust housing flange to build a downpipe on...where as the vf's need everything custom...very custom
I still need to do thinking about it...I like the performance of the vf series, but I also don't want to spend $100 on stupid flanges...
ryan, how did you make your exhaust housing flange to go to your exhaust? did you make a flange and then cut a 3" hole in the middle of it or something???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1547 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-11-06, 10:27
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Yeah, pretty much...but I had Wasach Steel do it for me with a water cutter....remember how I told you to cut and trace the turbo housings? Much simpler than trying it yourself

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #1548 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-11-06, 13:32

I won a drum set!! lol. http://www.utahbuysell.com/auctiondetails.php?id=101369 $126 and a drive to ogden for a full drum set!!! sweet. lol. 5 drums, 3 cymbals, and throne...nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1549 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-11-06, 15:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino9656
I won a drum set!! lol. http://www.utahbuysell.com/auctiondetails.php?id=101369 $126 and a drive to ogden for a full drum set!!! sweet. lol. 5 drums, 3 cymbals, and throne...nice
Haha .. I got a nice deal today too. Some fella in the Utah SCCA posted he was getting a new TV and was trying to get rid of his old 50" Projection. Works great and even though he bought it in 95. Naja ... going to pick it up Saturday. Oh yeah .. price = $0(Well, one Race Event Entry)

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]

Thumbs up Many kudos goes out to Bill

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to thank you for the phone call this afternoon, your help and advice.

I went home after I spoke to you and proceeded to pull the axle nut, however that stupid thing would not budge. Soooo I got really pissed off, put the car back together and limped it to my mechanic, asked him really nice if he would fix my car. I thought that I could be really resourceful and do the clutch myself in my cold garage on the floor with a creeper with dirt and road grime falling in my eyes and after many bolts off and then back on it is now at my trusted mechanic.

I think that I will stick to the easy stuff for now till I move up there and get a real garage with all the right tools, Heat & A/C, Air compressor, guns etc.

I am hoping for those items because my father in law owns a garage accessories business, I can get them for a good price.

Till I see you all in a few months, later,

Bill, again many thanks for taking time out of your busy day,

Mike

Go Down Really Fast, If something gets in your way, Turn ! B.O.D. 1986 (Long live John Cusak)

Thumbs up Many kudos goes out to Bill

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to thank you for the phone call this afternoon, your help and advice.

I went home after I spoke to you and proceeded to pull the axle nut, however that stupid thing would not budge. Soooo I got really pissed off, put the car back together and limped it to my mechanic, asked him really nice if he would fix my car. I thought that I could be really resourceful and do the clutch myself in my cold garage on the floor with a creeper with dirt and road grime falling in my eyes and after many bolts off and then back on it is now at my trusted mechanic.

I think that I will stick to the easy stuff for now till I move up there and get a real garage with all the right tools, Heat & A/C, Air compressor, guns etc.

I am hoping for those items because my father in law owns a garage accessories business, I can get them for a good price.

Till I see you all in a few months, later,

Bill, again many thanks for taking time out of your busy day,

Mike

Go Down Really Fast, If something gets in your way, Turn ! B.O.D. 1986 (Long live John Cusak)

Last edited by Slidin Sideways; 1-12-06 at 1:36. Reason: oops double clicked the post/ double the kudos Bill

Mike, don't worry about it. Your always welcome to pick my brain for advice. It's to bad the clutch couldn't wait a few months, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Winter is not a good time to be without a car, even in Cali.
Hopefully your mechanic will treat you right. Are you putting any kind of upgraded clutch in? The ACT stage II that I got off ebay for $150 is braking in nicely, I'm very happy about it.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

Hey Bill... I need the number to that junkyard with that mx6 with the fender. I want to make sure they still have it, and just to have the number just in case. If you could get me that asap.... That would be awesome!!!

Ryan, we aren't working sat, so I guess it just depends on the roads. I will more than likely driving my mom's grand am down there, or my other 6... Dpeends on of I get the timing belt done tomorrow. But, it has a nasty exhaust leak right before the vat, and makes me sick to drive it more than 2 hours... I really need to get that fixed.

Jason

94 mx6 ls... parked... still
03/05 Spec-V sentra. 03 body, 05 motor. Runs, Just gotta fix something weekly it seems like.

I'm gonna have so many pictures from this engine build, lol
hey ryan, do you still have the traces from your turbo flanges? or did you trace it onto the metal? did you supply the metal? did you have the metal shop make the exhaust, an exhaust shop, or did you do it yourself? and what thickness did you use for the flanges? 3/4"??
I think 250whp for this car is going to be very plausable!!!

Is anyone else going to the Motor Trend Auto show this weekend in SLC? I'm going, just not sure yet when.

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]

Autoshow, check. Saturday eve, not sure what time either, a friend had an extra free ticket.
Jason, All Japanese 801-280-0110.
Where the hell has everyone been...

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

Thanks Bill!

I'll be down there in the morning, but I prolly won't be down there for long. I need to be back to Idaho Falls by about 4-5ish.... Blegh, I don't like going to weddings. I'd much rather stay down there this weekend, but I have that wedding, and it's my mom's bday...

Ryan, check your PM's...

Jason

94 mx6 ls... parked... still
03/05 Spec-V sentra. 03 body, 05 motor. Runs, Just gotta fix something weekly it seems like.
post #1558 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 10:10

It looks like the car will be ready to be driven later on tonight. I've got everything put back together except for the drivers side half shaft. The outside boot was trashed on the old one so i just bought a new shaft. Now for some reason I can't get the new one to go into the transaxle. I'm plannin on taking it back to autozone and getting a different one from a different store. I'm hoping there is just something wrong with this one. Besides that its pretty much done. It runs pretty well considering its not timed and the idle needs to be adjusted.

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts
post #1559 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 10:18

The axle has that ring on the end of it that keeps it in the tranmission. It is sometimes hard to get started in. You need to put enough presure to make that ring contract. Just make sure the splins are ligned up when you are pushing. It will help if you wiggle it a little back and forth and up and down while pushing it in.
You did replace the seal in the tranny around the axle right?? This is a good time to do that if you didn't already.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1560 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 11:43

Yea i thought the retaining ring was the problem too but even after taking off the ring the new axle will not slide into the tranny. The splines seem to line up because you can engage them and turn the other shaft but it just will not go in. I didnt replace the seal. If its something i can get locally and not have to order I'll consider it but if it needs to be ordered it will just have to happen later on. I'm out of time for waiting for parts.

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page