UPOC - Page 105 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1561 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 11:46

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

You can get them from Napa, or Autozone, in stock last I checked. $5 or so for the drivers side. Well worth it.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1562 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 12:25

How do you change it?

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts
post #1563 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 13:24
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Where the hell has everyone been...
What, I don't post for a bit and everybody's gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino
hey ryan, do you still have the traces from your turbo flanges?
No, just trace the flange when you get the turbo.

Quote:
did you supply the metal?
From Wasach Steel.

Quote:
did you have the metal shop make the exhaust, an exhaust shop, or did you do it yourself?
Made by Zach actually, before I had a welder.

Quote:
and what thickness did you use for the flanges? 3/4"??
IIRC, 1/2" thick. I'll have to measure it some time...

Quote:
I think 250whp for this car is going to be very plausable!!!
Easier than you think

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1564 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 13:25
I knows sumpthin

And to pull a Zach double post, I'll be doing the Auto show tonight, ya'll shoudl come up and have some fun, I'll have a couple friends up to the house that I haven't seen in a while...they need parts, so we'll hang and have some fun after the show.

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #1565 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 14:12

Leslie got a job at Pepboys!!! yay!!!! 20% off hehe. she's gonna be working at the one in murray by the mall down there on state and off the freeway.
ryan, do you have a crapped out f2 head layin around I can buy off you for $5? I need to send one back as a core...
i might go to the autoshow, we'll see...i gotta go shower and get my drums
post #1566 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 15:28

I'll be going up to the Motor Trend Auto Show Saturday evening. Ryan, I might swing by your place and grab my tools. I don't have anytime to finsih the seats really, but I need to take care of some other stuff i need my tools for. I'll call you.

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #1567 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-13-06, 21:48
I knows sumpthin

Zach, i've got a head you can send back

Josh...lemme know when, and I know money is tight, but I do have that controll arm with your name on it

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen

I might not be needing a head afterall...I had my mechanic look at it to see if it was going to be usable at all (we noticed the spark plug holes are cross threaded and need to be helicoiled). we took it apart...they ground the cam down, and it is now under minimum tolerance, the cam journals are ground to shit, the chambers are diff CC (or something like that), and worst of all, the port and polish went too deep around the valve seats, so the seat bumps out from the runners!!!! so I'm going to call them on monday and tell them they need to give me my money back and I'll send it back to them. my mechanic said that ANY mechanic would be able to tell it was shitty, and that the machinist was either high and hung over or just didn't care...i'm very unhappy with them for this.
on a plus note, i'm getting my good head (we had the one on the car machined...new valves, pressure tested, yada yada) ported by a guy that used to work in a machine shop for a pretty good price...

I tried to go to the auto show tonight....so did 5 thousand other people!!! I didn't want to wait in the line to get off the freeway for 2 hours, so I went out to my mechanics to chat, and then drove state for a while watching stupid ricers good fun.
later everyone

Ryan, I'm not gonna make it down there today. I woke up with a high fever, and puking everywhere, so it's prolly not a good idea if I make it down there... I'll cal m buddy and see what he wants to do about that door... I might need to ask you a favor. The guy from All Japanese has the fender for me, because they weren't going to be open on Sat. So I was supposed to call him when I got there. I might have you go by there monday or so, and i'll just Paypal you the money if you would do that for me... I don't know, i'll give him a call around noonish.

94 mx6 ls... parked... still
03/05 Spec-V sentra. 03 body, 05 motor. Runs, Just gotta fix something weekly it seems like.
post #1570 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-16-06, 13:30

Any of you guys had and experience with the air bag light or getting bubbles out of the heater core? Well at least i hope that is the problem with the heater.

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts
post #1571 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-16-06, 18:33
I knows sumpthin

are the lines hooked up the right way? I have no personal experience but I'm told that if the lines are reversed (in is out and vice versa) it can cause them to run inefficiently...NO idea why...

Does it blow warm at all?

Air Bag Light...Got a scanner

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #1572 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-16-06, 19:48

ryan, I never heard back from them...left my number with them on saturday, and I've been dealing with the place that sent me the head, and then I picked up a turbo it's a garrett, rebuilt, has about 1,000 miles on it. .48 A/R exhaust housing and .60 A/R compressor side, 57 trim t3/t4
I think I'll pass on the IHI...i don't want to have to make my own flanges and stuff, and garretts are quite a bit cheaper. it is $350, came with the manifold and dp flanges, and a SS oil line...it's oil cooled only. I need to find some kind of adapter for the inlet...this one is about 3" i think, and a 2" outlet on the compressor. it should be fun
now I need to decide if I wanna use the stock exhaust manifold, or drop $300 on a custom one with runners. think one would be any better than stock?
post #1573 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-16-06, 20:14

Yeah, Derek I got air bubbles in my coolant before. Like Ryan said, first check and see if it is blowing hot air. If not ... KEEP the heater on full blast (lets coolant in the heater core) and jack the front of your car up as high as you can or put it on ramps. Run it with the cap off and it'll force the bubbles out. I had to do this on my Neon everytime I did a flush or it would airlock bad. Haven't had to do that yet on my MX6 yet though.

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #1574 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-16-06, 23:02

Ryan, I am sitting here drinking an Evolution Ale thinking, "it's time that we made a trip back up to Park City for some good brew and sushi."
Just thought I would plant the thought in your mind for reference. Let me know if you and Paige want to take the trip.
Oh, and anyone else that is old enough to join I am sure is welcome.

Nick

Oh yea, new cell phone number: 801-673-4689

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.

Last edited by Crimson Fox; 1-16-06 at 23:07. Reason: adding phone number
I knows sumpthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chino
oil cooled only...

...now I need to decide if I wanna use the stock exhaust manifold, or drop $300 on a custom one with runners. think one would be any better than stock?
Yikes...oil cooled only...Water cooled is your friend...That turbo and manifold gets VERY hott and there's not a lot of oil going through it to keep it cool:

Yeah, that's hott shit...and a water cooled turbo...Seriously consider it. The alternative is to let the car idle for SEVERAL minutes after driving to allow the turbo to cool adequately, even after relatively mild driving. Otherwise the oil will burn or 'coke' inside the turbo bearings, leading to premature turbo failure.

As for the manifold, the benefit is nothing that another psi of boost won't cure.... Goldy, Jeremy, Zach Matt, countless other members here haven't had any problems making 250whp/300wtq on it...Keep that in mind...$300...or 1 psi, or LESS of boost

But yes, T3T4 is good stuff.

Remember, you aren't wanting any rediculous power #'s and it isn't for a racing application

Swooshman, Josh is spot on...interesting though I haven't ever had problems with air lock in a 2G

Nick...I was acutally just up there!! And Evolution Ale = New '2002' Schweet huh!! And of course I'm down any time...Park City, My Garage...Yeah..

VRIS IS FUN!!! /random

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page