UPOC - Page 106 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

yea i know, i asked the guy about water and oil cooling, he said it wasn't necessary, and that oil cooling will be just fine...i dunno...we'll see i guess...
with the smaller exhaust housing, i should be able to boost fairly early in the rpm range, and if I decide i wanna make a trip to rmr and bump it up to 18 pounds of boost, I should be a little closer to 300whp than you are...
as for the exhaust manifold, I don't really think I will need one. the one they had there for a 1.8t looked pretty sweet...bigger diameter runners...I'm thinking maybe in the future I would consider it, but not now...it would be $300 down the drain (Worse than buying used pistons, almost as bad as buying a worthless ported head with cracks in it...)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Here's a picture of the engine in its new home. I wish it wasnt so cold so i could have done more cleaning in the engine bay but it just wasnt in the stars. Seems to be running great other than not getting the air out of the heater core. It's not freezing but its definatly not hot.

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts

Awe, a green 93 with a ZE. Love it.

Ryan, I tried calling you back this morning... I just get a fast busy signal. Anyway. Tell me what you have in mind for storage fees on the engine. Or just call me back.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Derek! Nice color MX6! Hehe! Does yours have a spoiler or do I have a new twin? (Unfortunately just a little quicker!)

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]

Well its kinda green. You can see how the hood is oxidized in the picture. Pretty much the whole car is that way. I'll be learning body work either this summer or next summer. I'll be putting a full kit on before it goes to paint. Projects...

Mine does have a spoiler. I'm hoping to get some FD rims really soon. I'm friends with a guy that has 2 sets layin around. He also has the spacers necessary for putting the rims on a FC. That being said when he decides how much he wants for them i'll have some better looking rims than the big dish looking ones.

post #1582 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-17-06, 10:01

With a spoiler... ah even better. Where did you get this car? How long have you had it. Oh, I'd sure like to have my green 93 back.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1583 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-17-06, 10:23

My uncle found the car abandoned. We contacted the owner and she's signed over the car to me. The motor seized and it wasnt worth the $2000+ to get it fixed so she gave it to her nephew. He abondoned it apparently. So thats how I came to own it. I'm still in it under 2g's and besides not knowing if anything works i'm very happy with it.

post #1584 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-17-06, 10:50

Oh and i've had it about 3 months now.

post #1585 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-17-06, 13:27
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

schweet...KLZE MX6, finally Kitty shouldn't be the quickest around

Frame work on the Mark Millet Probe is done...now for bondo!!

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #1586 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-17-06, 14:49

I used to work for Cascade Collision Auto Body Shop. Body kits are super simple to install and all as long as you're not doing any molding work. Honestly, I never really did think a set of fully molded on trim pieces looked much better than just a painted and installed set. But then I've never been a fan of body kits (unless they're real subtle like a small front lip and sideskirts).

Anyhow, just remember ... Bondo is your ENEMY!! BONDO=BAD!! Use as little as possible! If at all possible replace the panel for the cost of what 1/2 of your man hours doing Bondo would cost!

Last edited by ExtremeJDK; 1-17-06 at 15:04.
post #1587 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-17-06, 19:04
I knows sumpthin

Josh...You should have seen how ugly this was before, compared to now...Bondo is one necessary evil in this case as new 1/4's are $800 plus. and even a cut and paste would be more labor intensive than what we've done so far...it'll be purrty...As far as bumper, it'll be stock. Don't need anything fancy

Josh...You do body work, do you have any tools still? Would you want to help out one weekend?

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

$800 for a quater panel? What the freak?!! I haven't priced them out for the Probe ... but they generally cost like $150 for most cars. You need a spot welder though .. and without a spot-remover it gets old using a drill bit. Unfortunately I don't have any tools anymore because I don't have a good air tank. Just don't use one of those square bench sander things. They make electric orbitals. Yeah, Bondo is ok in moderation, it's always needed, but that's the biggest thing everyone does .. they spend way too much time on Bondo. You should have the panels almost smooth and perfect before ever applying mud. If you are doing it yourself you can weld on rods to pull the dents out and then shrink it tight with an ice-cold rag. Tough without the right tools, but good luck. I might be able to come help though.

post #1589 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-18-06, 12:12
I knows sumpthin

Oh, the metal is straight as it's gonna get...it was already messed up from the accident before this one...without replacing, it's as good as it's gonna get. When you're up next I'll show you.

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #1590 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-06, 13:24

Well i actually drove the car yesterday(very short drive). I'm pretty sure i should replace at least the front rotors and pads. There was a super loud metal on metal sound coming from that area. I also found out i have a problem with the steering. When i turn the steering wheel when the car is sitting still there is a couple clicks that can be felt. Unfortunatly i dont have the funds to go all out of the brakes so autozone special it is (under 160 for all 4 rotors and pads). I'm going to do a little research and maybe get protege rear calipers (depending on price). Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page