UPOC - Page 107 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1591 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-06, 13:44

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

You can get a set of cross drilled rotors on ebay pretty cheap. Under $150 for all 4. I'd just fix the problem, leave the current rotors untill you can put more money into it and get an upgrade. The pads at Checker are better. Get the Raybestoes Simi matalic. They are wonderfull for the price. Not to grabby, plenty of stopping power.

Josh, yeah, Ryans probe was pretty messed up. The rear clips are so much because they are not like front fenders, you can't just unblot them. They are one peice with the roof and sides... the junk yards have to cut the whole body up to get you a rear clip.

Ryan, that's sweet! I need to get out and see it now. I saw it before. I want to see it before you start doing bondo work. You may want to leave it until it warms up outside. Bondo will freeze in the cold. I can help you with it a little to. I worked for a body shop about 8 years ago. But I don't do cold driveway body shop specials. It's gotto be in a constantly heated garage, or wait till spring.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-06, 14:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpendl1
Josh, yeah, Ryans probe was pretty messed up. The rear clips are so much because they are not like front fenders, you can't just unblot them. They are one peice with the roof and sides... the junk yards have to cut the whole body up to get you a rear clip.
Yeah, I know you have to bust out all those spot welds on the rear quater. as well as make a few slices and that's why I would never buy a rear quater from a junkyard. I'd get it brand spanking new and source it through a body shop. I'm by no means super great at it myself, but I replaced a rear quarter on a Camry and a Mecury Cougar once. I could check and see what it would cost wholesale, but might as well just go ahead and repair your current setup since it sounds like you've put alot of work into it already.

I'm thinking about trying to tap my engine block with some real high-quality bits so I can get like one more bolt in. Been trying to get some info on it and it seems like quite a few people have done it on the KL before. I might have to borrow you cherry picker driveway sometime when it warms up!

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #1593 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-06, 19:47
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Josh, you're welcome to.

And I want to find a place where I can do it inside...get it all done in a day hopefully...just bust ass grinding, bondo and sanding...I've got a few sources to go to, and help from those more experienced is GREATLY appreciated...Bill...Josh...I'll provide food when the time comes

And I'm slowly getting a hair up my ass to put another tranny in that Blue probe out back, so it's more usefull somehow...don't want to mess with an ATX-MTX conversion though...

Hmm...Need to get KLZE heads dissasembled, mildly ported, Interprep valvetrain goodies...Get a 2G trans dissasembled, figure out some custom gears possibly (longer 1st, shorter/stronger 3rd) and the LSD done...

Hmm...what's next...Oh yeah...Tein's coilovers coming out HOPEFULLY soon, need to buy some race tires for the season...couple pairs likely...Damn...I'm SOOO glad Jeremy's motor is off and running happy...

Also...Autocross season starts March 19 up here...another season of 18 events...Yeah...

[/exhale]

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-06, 21:06

Ryan, sell that blue Probe to my friend (Dan's little brother) for a good price. He just blew his Red Probe's motor (well his brother did) and didn't have time to get it fixed and back out. I know he'd race it this season Autocross. Just think Ryan .. you're liek the orphanage and you have hte chance to give the little orphan a good new home to someone who'll beat the hell out of it on the course!! Hehe!

Yeah, I can come up and help, but if you got all the metal in order then bondo is just bondo. Pretty much everyone can do it if you're patient enough. Sucks and tiring. But oh well. Worth it to have a new car on the road!

Sounds like ALOT of work you got planned there. How about you just drop that motor in and worry aboutt he rest later! ;-) I guess you do have the luxery of time though since it's not your daily driver!!

I knows sumpthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK
Ryan, sell that blue Probe to my friend (Dan's little brother) for a good price. He just blew his Red Probe's motor (well his brother did) and didn't have time to get it fixed and back out. I know he'd race it this season Autocross. Just think Ryan .. you're liek the orphanage and you have hte chance to give the little orphan a good new home to someone who'll beat the hell out of it on the course!! Hehe!
Dude...that's funny

Quote:
Sounds like ALOT of work you got planned there. How about you just drop that motor in and worry aboutt he rest later! ;-) I guess you do have the luxery of time though since it's not your daily driver!!
Daily Driver...Jeeze, I'll have the option of two when that Probe is done...

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

found a 93 probe w/ a ZE in it....same red as that one you're fixing, ryan. hawt looking car, stock, not even tinted windows...a lot of potential....the lady wants $4200 for it...she said $3500 was minimum she could go, and I told her she was crazy and it's barely worth 2 grand....she didn't like that much...lol.
anyway, i'm so anxious to get my car done...not only do i have no boost right now, i have no car either!!!! i'm going nucking futs!

93 with a ZE... to bad it's not a MX6...

Ryan, just let me know, I'll help you any time. I owe you big time.

Throw a tranny in that blue Probe and sell it to Zach for $2K.

Josh, Where is Dan's little brother's car? Dan's Brother's brother blew Dan's brother's engine?? Did I get that right? Does Dan have more than one borhter, or are you saying Dan blew the engine?? lol

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1598 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-06, 10:12

Shoooo ... Dan has 10 brothers!! They're like a flippin' Army! So yeah, you got the jist of it. The car is back in Maryland. It blew the weekend he was planning on driving out here, so he just had to by an airline ticket and come out and now he is car-less. It was a pretty nice one too. So I was being serious ... if you want to get rid of some of your [shizzle] cause you know you are never going to finiah all of them and extra funds might get you somewhere on at least one of the projects... might be an option. Otherwise I'm sure he'll just buy some piece of crap local. If you're just looking to make a profit off of her you're better off sellling it so some Joe Schmoe cause he's looking cheap.

Anyhow ... gotta headup to SLC today to tow back my roomates car. No sleep and classes. I'm gonna die! Naja ... at least I have the [shizzle]tiest sounding MX6 there ever was! I'm so embaressed to rev past 3200! As soon as my damn money gets here I can finally go get some stuff for my car. I am going to keep my list small until I finish it ... THEN I will add something to it as time goes. List goes:

I)Tap Engine Block for an extra motor mount anchor
II) Battery relocaton to trunk to try and help w/ that terrible 70/30 balance!
III) AC removal
IV) Bushing replacements ... possibly rear sway bar if I can afford. (By the way ... has anyone ever heard of anyone bending thier own out of cold rolled steel? I would think it'd be a very simple task to make a stiffer bar!)
V) Springs/Struts. I don't think I can afford the K-Sports or the TEIN's ... so I'm thinking about doing Aerospeeds with Tokicos because they seem to have the stiffest spring rate)
VI) Decent sounding exhaust ... reinstall a highflow legal cat w/ no muffler.

That's it ... oh .. yeah .. and finally finish my seats some day!

post #1599 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-06, 14:39
I knows sumpthin

JOSH!! DUDE! I like the idea of a custom one from cold rolled steel...is that what they're made of?

As for the seats, I know you're strapped for cash with school and all, just let me know when you want to finish them. You can pay me back in cash as soon as you can, and/or certainly help out on the Probe if I need it, same for your exhaust, it's not too big a deal to toss some welds on some pipe to make it complete.

Bill, same thing. I wanna get that sucker done...Got the engine in the Exploder...will go to storage. I can keep it for a while, $10/month...or come over with a 6-pack every now and then...we can share

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #1600 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-06, 15:17

Yeah, I can throw some cash your way for the welding services along with some extra wire, but right now it's more about being strapped for time. Working full-time and studying full time 400 level classes really really wears ya out! I'm stupid for doing, but oh well ... I'll call you when I'm heading back from SLC this evening and maybe you'll be off work by then?

post #1601 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-06, 19:37
I knows sumpthin

That's cool. Like I said...I know you're good for it, I'd just rather get the seats out of the way

Mmmm...Perbe...gonna be a nice car when it's done...Though I may end up selling it...we'll see...

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen

Thumbs up Needing Some seats

Hey Josh,

Did you say that you need some seats for your car?
I just went to leather on my car and now I have my old Tweed seats sitting in the garage taking up space. They are in pretty good condtion, one small hole in the drivers side right bolster. Aside from a few stains from errant soda cups spilling, they still look nice.
I can let them go for a good price and I can even meet you half way (St. George) February 10th & 11th. I have to register my cars there before we move up; so if you or anyone else are interested let me know.

Talk to you all soon,

Mike

Go Down Really Fast, If something gets in your way, Turn ! B.O.D. 1986 (Long live John Cusak)
post #1603 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-22-06, 18:55

Mike,

Thanks for the offer, but the situation is that I have some crappy Probe seats temporarily installed in my MX6 and I have my lightweight bolstered race seats waiting to be installed because I needed to fabricate a some brackets.

Have one finished already, took about 2 hours... and the other we should be able to finish alot quicker. I just keep draggin' my azz on it. Maybe it's because I love those sucky fabric seats so much that tear into my upper back.

Josh,

Thanks for the heads up,

I know what you mean about the fab seats. The only good thing with the fab seats is that they were well worn in and kept me sucked down in to the seat.
My leathers are much more supportive and I am finding it is hard to get used to.

Talk soon,

Mike

Go Down Really Fast, If something gets in your way, Turn ! B.O.D. 1986 (Long live John Cusak)
I knows sumpthin

Ahh, I do kinda miss my leather seats...but I do so love the extra grip on my backside and the weight loss was nice too...

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page