UPOC - Page 108 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

wow....josh, do you wanna get rid of those seats?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Guess what .... as soon as I get my seats all installed and buttoned up ... you can have my old 2nd Gen Probe seats for the price of a Big Gulp. $0.89. Deal? ;-)

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #1608 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 13:05

Ryan, I stoped by on Sunday... I'm guessing you weren't there. Only your sis's and brother's car were there. I was up in the area helping a buddy on a side job. The soon to be old folks home up there on 9400 S and 1700 west... We wraped it in Tyvek to get it ready for windows.
I'll help you when ever you want. Just let me know. And beer... Yeah, I'll bring it.

Josh, I' don't think you can wait this long for an exhaust, but I'd part with mine for $50.00. Soon after I get my house build, I'm going to throw the stock exhuast back on. That means a good set of headers will be for sale too. I love the sound, but I don't think it's helping me much not having the two lower o2's hooked up. And my gas mileage seems to be a tad worse. I only get 250-280 miles before the gas light stays on. I used to get over 300. I had a pair of cel eliminators that sent a signal to the ecu in place of the lowe o2's, but lost them. I dug thru storage to find them, had them in my coat pocket... gone. They fell out of my pocket somewhere. So screw it.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1609 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 13:53
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Bill, I'll take first dibbs on them

And remember, you always get worse gas mileage in winter. All the lubricants are a lot thicker, and take longer to warm up. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but try pushing a car on a 30deg day...push the same car on a 75deg day and it seems a lot easier. Wheel bearing grease gets really gooey as the temps drop.

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #1610 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 14:12

I hear you on the cold stuff, but I put my headers on last spring. Have seen the same decreese since. I'm sure it is due to the lower O2's even though research tells, they only are there to check the pre cats. Anyway.
I may try the eliminators one last time... $13.00 on ebay. We'll see.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1611 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 14:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK
Guess what .... as soon as I get my seats all installed and buttoned up ... you can have my old 2nd Gen Probe seats for the price of a Big Gulp. $0.89. Deal? ;-)
I meant the racing seats but I could use a good set of 2nd gen GT seats...do they have any rips?
post #1612 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino9656
I meant the racing seats
Now why would I want to get rid of my brand new race seats? I haven't even gotten a single race in them yet! THe bolster is amazing thorugh turns. When I reinstalled the Probe seats I almost fell out on every turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpendl1
Josh, I' don't think you can wait this long for an exhaust, but I'd part with mine for $50.00.
Bill what is included in the exhaust? Just the muffler or is that the test-pipe too? I'm thinking flowmaster with a street-legal high-flow cat. What are you gonna sell the headers for? By the way, does anyone know the state laws w/ regards to exhaust tip placement? Some states don't allow side exhaust. I'm thinking about getting a 1-In / 2-Out Flowmaster with exhaust dumps right in front of the rear wheels. Might be a little lighter.

P.S. I spoke with Ryan last night and if nothing comes in between I should be heading over there to finish up my seats. What's everyone up to?

post #1613 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 16:37

The exhuast tip has to extent past the body of the car. I don't know if there is a measurement, but the exhaust can not exit under the car, legally. This is mainly due to the exuast gasses building up in "pockets" under the car....

Josh, cat back. 1 7/8 stock piping cat back to the wonderfull golden toned muffler. lol

I'm not sure about the headers price yet. I'll have to take them off first. The resonator/test pipe I'm keeping.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1614 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 17:21

I was pulled over not too long ago in wj and i was told by the officer that your exhaust tip could not protrude past the back bumper. For what its worth. Keep in mind, this is the same officer that ticketed me for "loud exhaust" when he could have ticketed the person in frot of me for doing about 55 in a 35.

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts
post #1615 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 17:58

I'm sure that there is a maximum extention as well....
What's up with that 93 ZE??? got it running good yet?

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1616 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-23-06, 18:54

Well its running pretty good. Just ironing out some issues. It kinda acts like its going to die right when it starts. I'm trying to figure that one out and i am just about to go to the dealer to pick up the driver side seal (halfshaft-trans). I'm not sure who told me i should have gotten the seal but you were right. Other than that i'm still waiting on the windshield and my uncle lost the papers for transfering the title so we had to start over. It should be driven every day next week. I drove it a little yesterday and it drives pretty good.

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts

josh, I'll take the probe seats off your hands when you get your racing seats in. and the price of a big gulp sounds good
I was over at my mechanic's changing the oil in my moms car today (couldn't find my oil drain pan) and he mentioned he has a 90 eclipse gst in his shop next door...the kid who ownes it had him rebuild the tranny, new syncros, and a new shift fork, put in a fidanza flywheel and a clutchmasters clutch. it's black, has extremely clean interior, and no real problems with the engine...has some type of exhaust...don't know if it's just a muffler, or a cat back or what...the muffler was pretty sweet, though...dual 2.5" outlets, sounded mean at idle. the kid doesn't have enough $$ to pay for the tranny rebuild and replacement w/ the clutch and flywheel($900) and my mechanic said that he's going to talk to the kid tomorrow and if he isn't going to have enough money, he's gonna sell the car to me or leslie for $1,00 so I may have me a dsm by the end of the week! which means we're probably going to part out the SE or something....
post #1618 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-24-06, 10:08

So I found someone selling an incomplete set of (3) Illuminas for $200. I asked him what happened to the 4th and he said it just blew out. He said it was probably a defect, but he had performance springs installed on them for 4,000 miles. I wonder if even the Illuminas struggle with a lowered performance spring? I'm thinking about buying them though and then buying a new 4th strut for $130. What do ya'll think?

Everyone rips and raves about how KYB GR2s wont hold up with performance springs, but the $800 Illuminas seem to struggle too! Nop one gives me a good explanation. Is it a shorter piston length?

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...lown+illuminas

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...lown+illuminas

Last edited by ExtremeJDK; 1-24-06 at 10:16.
post #1619 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-24-06, 12:48

Ryan, I'm going to need some MAC lessons...

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1620 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-24-06, 12:57

"MAC" lessons? That's an acronym I don't know!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page