UPOC - Page 115 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Its happened since i've had the car which is coincidentally since the engine swap! lol Its a code 34 if thats one there could be. Whats really wierd is that at lunch when i got way low on gas it started giving a 51 and thats all. once i got gas again it was back to 34. Apparently a code 34 is "Driver's side air-bag / safing sensor: low resistance or shorted". That should be fun to fix...

93 LS MTX- KLZE, CAI, MX-3 FW,CM Stage III, Civic STS, RR-Racing Inserts

Last edited by SwooshmanD; 2-2-06 at 16:04.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sure Ryan, I'll be around, jsut give me a ring when you're heading down here.

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwooshmanD
Its happened since i've had the car which is coincidentally since the engine swap! lol Its a code 34 if thats one there could be. Whats really wierd is that at lunch when i got way low on gas it started giving a 51 and thats all. once i got gas again it was back to 34. Apparently a code 34 is "Driver's side air-bag / safing sensor: low resistance or shorted". That should be fun to fix...
Hmm...first off what is a 'safing sensor' Whatever it is, sounds like it's gone bad, or shorted...wiring damage...Might want to start by very closely examining each of the impact sensors, front and center, and left and right, as well as all the wiring and connectors...

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ryan, money will be sent tomorrow for that fender!!

Hey, maybe I can get your guys' suggestions on this...

Well, I'm selling my 4cyl, and as soon as tax returns get back... this is what I need help with.

After the car is sold, and after what I owe on it is paid, and my tax returns are here, i'm looking at about $2500 to put into my LS...
here are my options.

1. Boost the 153k mile motor that's in it now, and put whats left towards my paintjob...(I can get alll the parts to boost my car for around 1k....gotta love knowing people )

2. go ahead and get the paintjob,( i can do the body work) and drive the car till the motor dies, and hope I have the money to fix it..

2. Lower mileage KLDE and boost, and no hope's for a paintjob(which I need pretty bad) till next spring/winter..

3. Buy a KLZE, and put whatever is left towards a paintjob...

I wish I could go KLZE-T, but that's out of the question...

I'm looking to spend about 1.5k - 2k on my paintjob... depends on how much I want molded, and how much I do myself. I was quoted at 2k to fully mold the car, and respray a metallic silver with a navy blue pearl... and it's a very reputable(I think that's the word...) shop!!! Since I know body work pretty well, and since i'm just molding the sides and rear, it shouldn't be tooo terribly hard...

anyway, i'm done, gotta catch some sleep....

94 mx6 ls... parked... still
03/05 Spec-V sentra. 03 body, 05 motor. Runs, Just gotta fix something weekly it seems like.

Jason, Travis Williams over at Probetalk boosted his Probe with 220,000 original miles (no rebuild) with 6psi until someone smashed into him. It was a good looking Probe too. Too bad!

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]

See, but you can tell my motor is getting worn out. It's got low compression in the #4 cyl, and just doesn't feel anywhere near as strong. I'm gonna try a seafoam ttreatment, and see if that can't do anything. That, and i'm burning oil a high RPM's... so there is a small ring problem.... oh but how I would loooooooove to boost!! I just might, because I really hardly drive my car hard. But once I know I have boost.... It will be a whole diff story, i'm sure!!!

03/05 Spec-V sentra. 03 body, 05 motor. Runs, Just gotta fix something weekly it seems like.

hmm...do you do your own engine work? do you know how to pull and engine and put one back in? I would recommend dropping around $1500 into getting your engine rebuilt, and then using a grand to boost it. why do you need a paint job? lol.

what time are we going to the pie tomorrow?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino9656
hmm...do you do your own engine work? do you know how to pull and engine and put one back in? I would recommend dropping around $1500 into getting your engine rebuilt, and then using a grand to boost it. why do you need a paint job? lol.

what time are we going to the pie tomorrow?!?!
I do my own engine work, but i'd rather drop a new one in... a little easier IMO...
Trust me, my clear is starting to fade on the roof, hood, and trunk.. It's starting to be very noticeable, and most people notice it first thing!!!!

I've decided i'm gonna boost this motor, well, depends on what i find out after this weekend..seafoam treatment!!!! we'll see...

hah, reminds me of when I pulled the motor in my talon... we weren't saving anything other than the IM, Exhaust man. Turbo, bv, ic, and trans, so we just torched through the motor mounts, cut everything, and had the motor out in less than an hour That was a fun day!

have you heard of BG engine treatments? that's what my mechanic uses for engine flushes and stuff...it's supposed to be the best stuff out there. I would do a kerosene treatment to it and see how that goes...

Ryan I am looking for sway bars from a first gen Probe GT.

92 MX-6 DX RIP 7/11/07
90 Chevy 1500 Sport Truck

06 Infiniti G35
cardomain

What's up guys!? I started to read through this thread to familiarize myself with everyone but then i realized the damn thing was 115 pages long! Anyone up north or is everyone in the SLC and provo areas?

Anyhow, I just fully rebuild my KLDE and am now starting on suspension, brakes, and the cosmetic end of things. I'm also just starting out on a major audio system for my mx-6 and this will always be priority number one despite the rest of the work going in to the car. I'm the store manager of an independent specialty car audio shop in Logan so that would likely be my forte if there's anything I can help you "locals" out with.

Hopefully I'll be able to get down south for a meet or something like that and get to know you all a little better.

Jed

cool, nice to meet ya. I have two probes in need of speakers...can you beat ebay prices, or come close to it? hehe. I'm from salt lake, by the way...
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Yep, rocki'n Sandy....

Zach I know of and use BG products at our shop. Good stuff

MazdaMan, for what car?? I'll have to see if I have them still...I may not....

Yay, Skiing tomorrow and Sunday!!

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

so are we not going to the pie anymore tomorrow?? bummer...
on a bad note, my GL got egged again tonight. what is this, number 5 or 6 since summer of 04 that it's been egged...not that I care about the paint, but it's a PITA to go wash it all off...I hate immature little pricks. how would they feel if I egged their car? grr!!!
On a better note, we picked up that 89gt today! woot! it's fun...it only boosts up to about 4 psi, unfortunately, but I'm sure it needs a tune up and some better gas in it.
the GT was cool, but coming home to an egged car just kinda ruined the whole night

Guys,
Can you tell me if these struts will work all around. I need something to replace the bad OEM ones but someone has told me that the rear struts are different than the front ones. Let me know anything that you know. Thanks.
KYB 'GR-2' Struts

Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page