UPOC - Page 15 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-13-05, 8:55

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Four 2nd gen MX6's at one house!!! Even better!

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-13-05, 11:13

AND a cop w/ a stick up his... !!

96 RS MTX - RIP
96 M Edition MTX
post #213 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-13-05, 11:57

Hey guys, a guy down here in Provo with another Burgundy M Edition needs to replace his EGR valve - and he's asking ME about it, me who just yesterday learned how to change brake pads... yeah... So I read about it and I understand WHAT it is, but I don't know where or how, etc. He says he thinks it can be cleaned if one knows how - but is that something we could pull off the blown engine from the red 93??

96 RS MTX - RIP
96 M Edition MTX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-13-05, 14:19
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Hmm...That's a fun job I'm sure, IM probably has to come off to get it...maybe, haven't had to do one before. But between Bill and I we've got two or three of them still attached to IM's.

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #215 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-14-05, 10:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sestais
AND a cop w/ a stick up his... !!
LOL. Oh, yeah. That's a requirment to being a cop I think. You have to be an ass, and hate speeding.... :flipa:

As far as the EGR valve. It is just under the throttle body. It should be easy enought to get to with the throttle body and intake box and crap off. It'd take a few hours. The hardest part is getting the exhaust tube off the back of it. I think it was a 22 or 23 mm wrench. Not a common size. As far as a replacement... Yep. I have a good one. You should give him this webpage info.
Nice of you to find a replacement for when you go back to Texas.

Ryan, maybe we can just do this at the meet??

Tell the guy we'll do it for $50.00. Part included. I'm sure that's a scrape in the bucket to what he'd be charged elseware.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #216 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-14-05, 13:52
I knows sumpthin

Yeah, that's a very small scrape in the bucket.

We could do it then, I've certainly got the tools and space.

Speaking of which, what's the plan, anything for this weekend before Miller leaves?

And as a side note, the weekend of the 23-24 they're running Wendover Solo2 out there...I really would like to be there so options are either this weekend so Miller can be around or the weekend of April 30-May 1. Of course you could all come out with me to Wendover, great course out there, and as always Great Buffet. I'll likely go out Friday Night, sleep for cheap in the cheap Utah side hotels and of course race Saturday.

Bill...Forgot bolts, got tied up on the '90 GT, but I've got the wheels and will deliver them tonight, 'bout the same time

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #217 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-14-05, 20:54

I told him to check out the UPOC thread a few days ago, but I'll pass along the offer to him. Before I head to Houston and then Virginia I have a quick question, have any of you struggled with your cruise control before? Mine doesn't work, the light comes on (I know the orange light comes on, I'll have to check if the green light comes on for when you set the speed) - either way, nothing happens. It worked great on my previous mx6, so I thought this time I'd check the fuses, cause on previous cars I swear I've seen a fuse for that, but I can't find anything. Any ideas?

96 RS MTX - RIP
96 M Edition MTX
post #218 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-14-05, 23:00
I knows sumpthin

If no fuses are bad there's a pretty simple thing you can check. The brake pedal. Happened to me once, the pedal either gets out of adjustment or the switch can go bad causing your brake lights to be on when they shouldn't be. Simple fix usually...when I discovered this I used a nickel and a peice of tape. I think it's still there.

If not that the cruise controll module may be bad, cable might not be hooked up, electrical connection loose, vacuum chamber leaks ect.

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #219 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-14-05, 23:18
I knows sumpthin

And for a double post...

Be at my house, Saturday around 4-5 PM. Bachelor Party for Bill and Good Bye for a fellow 6'er going back to Texas. Drinks on me, and some snacks...$5 pizza's anybody??

And any special requests?

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #220 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-14-05, 23:33

Hey, I was led to this forum by SESTAIS. He's been talking to you about an EGR valve and replacement. That would be so amazing if I could get with you two and get it fixed - the CEL light is bugging me so bad! Also, a belt change would be nice, if you would offer me the same courtesy! A general look-around of the car would be good, I know Toyota but not Mazda!

I'm in Provo, and could come to wherever would be convenient. Saturday works for me, or anytime after next Thursday since i have final exams, would be great. Thanks!!
post #221 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-14-05, 23:53
I knows sumpthin

Well I guess we'll see you Saturday!

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #222 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-15-05, 1:07

I didn't see that last post - if it's going to be a party and all that I don't want to impose and have you be doing car stuff when you could be relaxing.
post #223 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-15-05, 1:52
I knows sumpthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6speedster
I didn't see that last post - if it's going to be a party and all that I don't want to impose and have you be doing car stuff when you could be relaxing.
Relaxing...Well since you don't know me I'll let you in on a secret...that is how I relax, 9 hrs working and I come home and work on one of my three..Five project cars.

We're more than happy to help you out any way we can, it will add some flavor to the Party!

Though to make sure there's time might want to show up here around 3 or so. Just to be sure we can get it all done and going again.

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #224 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-15-05, 9:15

Miller. Like Ryan was saying, plus, the cruise control is run by Vacuum. There is a vacuum line runing from the IM, right behind the front valve cover, to the cruise control "box". It's actually not a box, it's kind of round and is just above the fuel filter. Drivers side just next to the strut nuts. Anyway. You could have a vacuum leak, a hose that is off...Anyway, I guess we can check it out on Saturday.

MX6pseedster, a name would be nice. If I remember correctly, you have a 96 M edition, same color as Millers. The whole idea of the party, is to get together with car "fans", and help one another. What's the point of a car meet if your not working on cars?? Anyway the two acc belts are pretty easy. 20 minutes... The timing belt adds another hours or so.

Ryan, I ordered struts for the trunk lid of my M. Oh, yeah... evan more than the wheels, I was jelous of your self opening trunk! lol..

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #225 of 12501 (permalink) Old 4-15-05, 11:22

That would be great to get some stuff done on it tomorrow, and 3pm would work great. My name is Kyle by the way, and yeah, I have a burgundy '96 M. She's in pretty good shape, but like I said, I have previously been a Toyota man and don't really know my way around a Mazda yet.

So where is this gathering taking place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page