UPOC - Page 2 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-21-04, 23:20
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Power: 5

Mark, I'll ask him if he still has use for them, if not I can certainly direct you to a place you can find some...and if you get desperate I may have one or two you can borrow...the tires on them won't be the greatest but they would be better than what you've got...and a whole lot safer too.

Dan, PMed you.

Who's going to RMR this weekend?

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-24-04, 8:56

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The car is running a little better now, but there is no spot for the engine fan sensor so it kinda overheats if i'm city driving.

Dan
93 pgt
post #18 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-25-04, 1:00
Millett
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithule
The car is running a little better now, but there is no spot for the engine fan sensor so it kinda overheats if i'm city driving.
What year was the 626 that you got your engine out of, my dad said that the engine fan sensor could be in the radiator if its a different year you might have to get a different radiator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-25-04, 1:10
I knows sumpthin

That's where a custom switch comes in, Had bolth of mine wired up on the '6 so that the computer would still kick cycle them normally, but I could kick them bolth on high whenever I wanted.

And I'll try and make it down soon, can't guarantee anything though because we signed the lease on the house in Sandy so we'll hopefully be moving the middle of next week. After that comes putting everything away...Still have the '6 to deal with...New job But I've promised a certain Red-head I'd make it down soon for the 'evening' so it will happen soon.

And who's doing RMR tomorrow?

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #20 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-25-04, 1:31

It was a 94 626. We're thinking about just taping a spot for it somewhere. I think I'll be at RMR tomorrow, but i don't know for sure yet.

Dan
93 pgt
post #21 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-25-04, 20:11
Millett

I wouldnt try that if it were me just in case so it doesnt screw anything up, just wire a switch up like Ryan did
post #22 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-26-04, 1:59
I knows sumpthin

So...Didn't make it to RMR in time tonight...Missed it by half an hour. So I decided to head home...on the way ran into a 14.5 second civic and schooled him on the freeway. He was fairly impressed. Then came the SRT-4 on State, little second gear run...He won because my turbo took a sec to spool, where he worked the clutch. But as soon as it did acutally spool I stayed about with him....Still need to get a good run with them.

And I can oficially say why car salesmen are the worst people to deal with....Been working at Mazda of all places and while the product is great, and I love everythig I deal with....The people are terrible...Basically it's this...What do you call 5,000 car salesmen at the bottom of the ocean...NOT ENOUGH!!!!

Seriously, they are terrible...easily the scuzziest, dirtiest, low down people I know. Not to say that every one of them is bad, there's a couple that I actually kinda like, but all in all...They're dirtbags.

As soon as I'm all moved into my new house, we'll have a meet there...lots of parking for lots of cars...and a great back yard!!

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #23 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-26-04, 12:45

I'll just hook the fan up to my nitrous switch.

Dan
93 pgt
post #24 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-26-04, 18:37

[QUOTE=Had bolth of mine wired up on the '6 so that the computer would still kick cycle them normally, but I could kick them bolth on high whenever I wanted.
[/QUOTE]

Did you wire your switch to the coolant temp or fan sensor? I wired a switch and an adjustable resistor to my coolant temp sensor cause I wanted to be able to kick the fans on whenever I want but also controls how early the computer kick cycle. But when I switch them on I got a cel. So I tried wiring them to the fan sensor and same thing. I messed around with the wiring now I got it to where I can switch it on without the cell turning on and I can use the resistor and turn the fans on low or high but when I pull the sensor out the fans don't turn on anymore. How did you have yours wired cause I'm way confused right now.

Relocated Battery, Civic CAI, Ram Air Conversion, Hood lights, under dash neon, Pioneer DEH, 2 Jensen 3-ways, 2 JBL 3-ways, Batman decals WOO HOO!!!
post #25 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-26-04, 20:51
I knows sumpthin

I just spliced in the wiring, pulled back the sheilding and soldered in the wires running to the relay and ground.

Makes it easy and the computer will still kick the fans when it wants/needs to.

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #26 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-26-04, 22:05

It's the weirdest thing, that's the same thing I did except my switch to kick on the fan is also connected to the adjustable pentiometer. The pentiometer has a 10ohms resistor so the pentiometer can never be adjusted to 0 ohms and short circuit. Right now I can turn the fans on manually but for some reason it doesn't seem like the computer is able to kick on the cycle automatically. I'm not sure why cause the circuit for the sensors aren't broken.

Relocated Battery, Civic CAI, Ram Air Conversion, Hood lights, under dash neon, Pioneer DEH, 2 Jensen 3-ways, 2 JBL 3-ways, Batman decals WOO HOO!!!
post #27 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-26-04, 23:24

Lol I forgot I locked that thread. Anyway thanks for not killing me. Your friendly neighborhood mod.
evo
post #28 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-26-04, 23:30

Geez the mod tools can get confusing anyway your all sticky again and I merged to threads and now is all goofy, oh well.
evo
post #29 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-27-04, 23:21

Haha I'm just a retard. I had everything hooked up right I just didn't adjust the pentiometer right.

post #30 of 12501 (permalink) Old 6-30-04, 22:26
Millett

Well i did a compression test on my car today and all cylinders were at 145 psi. I think that my mass airflow sensor must not be working cause when i turn off my car get there is a pop that the little bullet shaped thing is closing, anybody have an extra one laying around
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page