UPOC - Page 205 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3061 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-15-06, 21:19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

well tunex got him to pass somehow...either that or they just got sick of messing with it, so they passed him without him really passing...who knows. so you can't adjust the timing at all on a 2g??? can't rotate the disty or anything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

You can rotate the disty and set the BASE timing...but after you set the base timing, the computer does the rest...Disconnect the 'TEN' and 'GND' pins and you can rotate the disty all you want and the timing won't change...I've played with it a bit :-P

If you don't have an EGR your NOX is definitely going to be high. The EGR and the Cat (if it's the right kind) are the only way to controll NOX. The higher compression certainly make more nox...

I wonder if it's the same guy who PM'd me on PT.com about having trouble passing because of NOX? He said he said something about working, at Tunex?

WOO HOOO!! Racing Tomorrow!...Yay!

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

yea ryan, it probably was. and no he doesn't work at tunex. he thinks his 06 wrx (non sti) stock can beat an 03 cobra. he doesn't know shit about cars.
so you can retard your base timing so that you have a more thorough burn and less nox, yes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3064 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-16-06, 22:04
I knows sumpthin

Yeah, he really doesn't know [shizzle]...MAYBE it could beat it off the line, with a good driver in the Rex and an average on in the Cobra...but not much else...

Get him out to the Autocross, then make bets about who I 'won't beat' I'm sure he'd bet on all the high HP cars...too bad HP is the LAST thing that matters

Fun day today!! But a bummer too. My closest competitor, in a '02 WRX broke the tranny...somehow it got stuck in 1st gear...all stock with 60k miles....big bummer. I really hope he'll be back next event, we really work good to push each other to be better and faster.

Oh, and Josh had a LOT of fun in one of Richard's E30 BMW's.

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Last edited by Ryan; 7-16-06 at 22:27.
post #3065 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-16-06, 23:53

Ryan, I tried to call you a few times from leslie's phone. mine is dead. I dropped the title off at your house for the grey probe and signed it and whatnot. there was a silver mx6 LS at jiffy lube yesterday with black molded headlights. I told the guy he had a nice 6, and he just shrugged me off like "yea right". oh well. I still wanna meet the guy that drives the nice black LS up here. from what I can tell, i'm gonna be the only 1st gen GT, and one of maybe 5 cars that are turbo'd, lol. silly wyoming...
I knows sumpthin

Some people are idiots...When they shurg you off, just means they're not worth your time...I get that plenty...

Thanks for the title!! I'll put it to good use hopefully in the next couple weeks...Maybe you'll be able to haul it to the scrap yard with me? No doubt they'll beat that sucker up at the yard a bit

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen

Tyson, both the compressors I have came out of "a/c working" cars. The clicking does not mean the compressor is bad, it means it needs more ester oil. Don't get me wrong, it can still be bad. If you want one of the compressors I have, one is out of a 94 mx6. The engine that's in my M edition now. The other came out of a 93. $25.00 for either of them. Usually it's the clutch that goes out on the compressors. The compressor themselves have long lives.

Turbo KL smackdown... your funny. I'd sure like to get my mazda to the point of kicking WRX azz. So, probably the same field Josh is looking. 250 HP range.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

Oh, and I didn't win that "super 60" turbo. Based on the other guys opinion of it not being a super 60... I didn't bid over $200.00. Mike Sitar is a guy in Roy that seems to know alot about turbos. The auction listed his website.
So, I'm still in search for a good turbo.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

Last edited by wpendl1; 7-17-06 at 10:19.
post #3069 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-17-06, 10:01

Races were fun yesterday despite the SERIOUS lack of revs/HP of that 325! With some suspension mods (200k mile struts) and something to let that danm thing breathe it'd actually be a prretty darn good base race car. I LOVE that RWD!! WOW!

My Goal. EVO's. I hate them.They're all a bunch of spoiled punk-azz brats. They're 276HP @ 3200lbs! A Dig is obviously going to the EVO ... but I want to be able to pull on one. 2500lbs @ 250HP should EASILY do that!

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #3070 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-17-06, 10:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK
My Goal. EVO's. I hate them.They're all a bunch of spoiled punk-azz brats...
Funny how that is. Your stereotype is most often true! Evo's... STI's. It's easy to think your the shitz when you lay down $30K for a wound up economy car.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #3071 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-17-06, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpendl1
Funny how that is. Your stereotype is most often true!
So what's the word for automobile-racism? Hmmm .. being a full blooded German I better not joke too much!

post #3072 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-17-06, 11:50

lol. There aren't to many cars I don't like. It's the drivers that piss me off!

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #3073 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-17-06, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK
So what's the word for automobile-racism? Hmmm .. being a full blooded German I better not joke too much!
don't worry, I like german cars my dad used to have a passat 1.8t, it was a blast, and very very very nice, stereo and all. I loved that car, i learned to drive stick in it :tear: lol!
post #3074 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-17-06, 14:17
I knows sumpthin

I agree..WRX...STI or not and Evo guys do tend to be a bit cocky...usually more than a bit...

Before I got the boost up high on Goldy, when she was around 14lbs and 225whp I kept up with a few Evo's...One did pull on me...but ever so slowly...AWD is wonderfull for a launch, but also makes for a lot more parasitic drivetrain loss...

Most STI's (300hp) are in the 240whp range...60hp loss!! That's twice what most 2nd gens are! And they're heavier...YOu guys shouldn't have too much of a problem keeping up

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #3075 of 12501 (permalink) Old 7-18-06, 12:44

Ryan. Salvage yard wants $40 for a passenger side tail light. Can you beat that? If so consider it sold.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page