UPOC - Page 455 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

[QUOTE=ExtremeJDK;2093298]Import Performance Parts - Import Performance Engine & Racing Parts <-They by far have the best support and selection for your turbo build. Remember though ... it is going to be $$$ to build a forged motor. You can build a turbo setup on the stock motor if you do everything correctly the first time and keep boost levels reasonable, like 5-7psi (which will still feel like a bullet!).

Damn that is a lot of money well i could run 5-7 psi for a while until i can afford to build a forged motor.. when i get my turbo kit is there any one that can help me put everything together or any tips on how to do it right

Maroon 95 PGT
Cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotors, XTC short throw shifter, sleepy eye hot shot style headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6812 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-26-08, 15:49

Ryan, when are you driving up?

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #6813 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-26-08, 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMillett View Post
Well i just ordered a set of Hawk HPS front brake pads from tirerack.com. I figure i will just turn my rotors that are already on my car and use them for a little while then get some cross drilled rotors, im also wanting to put a beefier swaybar on to. I will probly get a swaybar and swaybar links in a couple weeks.

Jace

dude jace just come to matc and turn your rotors there..

Maroon 95 PGT
Cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotors, XTC short throw shifter, sleepy eye hot shot style headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6814 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-26-08, 18:55

Hey just thought I stop by and say hi, I'm having a bit of ignition problems on my 6, and just dont know where to start, other wise i'm sad summer is gonne and pretty soon snow & cold take over, well hope you're all good. let me know how things are going.
EJ

"You never know what u have, until u lose it"
post #6815 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-27-08, 22:39

Hey Ryan, here are the 2 write-ups on the 1/4 glass trim: https://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-app...-moldings.html

https://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-faq-app...tted-trim.html

Jace

Black '95 MX6 LS- Magnaflow Muffler, CAI, Ebay Headers, CM stage 2R + Fidanza 9lb flywheel, Eibach Lowering Springs, B and M STS, JSPECS, 17' Motegi's wrapped w/ Kumho ASX, Hawk HPS
post #6816 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-28-08, 12:26

EBC sells all three different compounds of their pads for our cars, I still have the EBC yellow stuff pads in my second gen

The have
Green stuff- mild
Yellow stuff- grabbier
Red stuff- grabbiest

I don't remeber were I found them last but it was online
Remeber though the more extreme the pads the less they grab when cold so definetly don't run the red on a daily driver, my yellows needed a little warming up to grab right, its kinda like driving your car after you just washed it and the brakes are wet

As far as rotors I got mine from RR racing, Rafi, and they are the gas slotted variety with the silver cad plated finish, cross drilled rotors are ok but all the ones offered for our cars are drilled, not cast like the porsche rotors, thus they are prone to cracking if you heat cycle them a lot, on a daily driver like ryans blue PGT they are usually ok under normal use, just don't auto X them.

The gas slotted rotors to me grab a hell of a lot harder than standard rotors, think about it, when stab the brakes at high speed the rotors heat up and essentially start burning the pads, when they reach high temps the pads put off a gas or smoke that gets trapped between the pad and rotor surface the gas slots extend beyond the pad effectively venting this gas pocket allowing the pad to fully contact the rotor,

and another question people usually have is which way are slots supposed to point I did some research on this when I bought mine and found a scientifc approach to this dillema,
The slots are ment to be positioned so the outer edge comes into contact with pad first, the outside of the rotor/pad surface deals with more heat because there is more rotor traveling through it, think small circle/big circle, I'll post some pics later
post #6817 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-28-08, 17:37

Hey guys is it possible to make a sun roof for my probe I've been wanting one for awhile.

Maroon 95 PGT
post #6818 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-28-08, 19:35

Easy, find one with a sunroof

All the aftermarket sunroofs I have seen look and work like garbage, there is no bracing once you cut the roof

If you want to get really creative you could find a wrecked car with an OE roof and molest it onto your car

But really the easiest way to get one is to find another car that already has an OE sunroof

Me and ryan talked about this last weekend but he was wanting to go the other way, ie eliminate the heavy sunroof from his maroon 6, we looked at his wrecked car out back and yes its possible but I don't think the car would ever be the same after the operation
and beyond that you probably would need a whole new interior wiring harness to make it OE.

In short if you don't like your car without the sunroof or the other way round just get a different car that has everything you want, for ryan this is hard because he is stuck on the 94 that has the dual airbags, after wrecking two of them I don't blame him though
post #6819 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-28-08, 23:42

ok thanks

Maroon 95 PGT
post #6820 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-28-08, 23:45

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

[QUOTE=Danny;2093471]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK View Post
Import Performance Parts - Import Performance Engine & Racing Parts <-They by far have the best support and selection for your turbo build. Remember though ... it is going to be $$$ to build a forged motor. You can build a turbo setup on the stock motor if you do everything correctly the first time and keep boost levels reasonable, like 5-7psi (which will still feel like a bullet!).

Damn that is a lot of money well i could run 5-7 psi for a while until i can afford to build a forged motor.. when i get my turbo kit is there any one that can help me put everything together or any tips on how to do it right

I never was impressed with their support, but they did help me build the stroker fe3, but it took them 3 times to get the bearings right, sent the wrong head gasket the first time, then sent a used repackaged one the next. They replaced all of them for free, but didnt always pay return shipping, and took multiple times everytime i ordered from them. The last time I used them i ended up sending the whole order back and buying elsewhere...fyi. I know not every business can't please everyone, they've been around for a long time so must do something right somewhere, but i think they cater to big orders more than us, who knows...

Damn this post reminded me of the fe3... should be resurrected soon though
post #6821 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-29-08, 10:49

That sucks Matt. I've ordered from them multiple times and never had any issues. Their prices are also great from what I've found. Hey, are you the one who lives in Stansbury Park? I think I've been to your place years ago when you had that 1st Gen with the FE motor.

Pocatello was fun this weekend! I'm definately a bit rusty though! Took the 325is out on R-Compound race tires and was still a steady .2-.5 seconds behind Ryan. The 325is also had a 2.8L conversion so should have a tick over 200HP. Ryan and I raced 3rd gear to maybe around 90ish on the highway. The first 2500RPM we were dead on and the BMW then started to pull slightly to about a car length by shift. The BMW has stock intake, headers and exhaust though (minus the fart can muffler plius a 400 extra lbs! This just shows though that with more power and much stickier tires, Carmen's suspension really kicks ass! He was keeping pretty close to the similarly prepped M3's with also very skilled drivers, so I was impressed!

Probe is now Utah County legal so I'll be starting MS this week! YAY!

post #6822 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-29-08, 21:44

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

was prolly me...not many fe3's here in stansbury...thoguh I can't say that I remember...what's your name and I might...or who you were with.
It's since been moved to a different 1gen, now a black gt, but has suffered the loss of a rod bearing. Not really sure why, but whatever, once my rommate pays up I'll prolly get the crank turned and give it another go...so I can get the mx6 finished. Been driving without an exhaust for a good 3-4 months now, bigger turbo has been severely time limited with me and zach both working more than full time and him with a family and projects of his own...one day we'll catch up though
post #6823 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-29-08, 22:01

I was friends with Dan. Dan had the silver 2nd Gen Probe GT that Zach installed a clutch and flywheel in. I'm sure you don't remember me though ...

post #6824 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-29-08, 22:04

Its really amazing how far behind on all of my projects I really am, for example my 2nd gn mx6, my baby that I couldn't be separted from years ago has now been sitting since late 2004, the tags expired in 2004, I still take it around the neighborhood here and there just to get the blood pumping in the old KL, it still fires without hesitation and drops right to idle just like it has for the past 8 years that I have had it, its needs the exhaust done and most importantly the body work, I want to get my daily driver restored before I start tearing into it, I like to focus on one project at a time but lately with family and work all my plans to get the back burner, Tonight I got home at 4:30, this never happens but I cooked dinner and went out to the garage to try and get this crapper parts car out this week and all I acomplished was pumping up the air compressor, then Mmm phone call, gotta go do this and that and run errands and now its 8 pm and I'm finally home to brush addis teeth and put her to bed
post #6825 of 12501 (permalink) Old 9-29-08, 22:06

Where is dan nowadays and weren't you the one with the maroon 2nd gen PGT?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page