EVO III 16G 2.5" Electric Cutout, RFL BOV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7412 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 18:13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

*sings "It has only just begun" Damn Jeremy you knocked that swap out fast! Glad to see there really wasn't any hesitation.

07 mazdaspeed3
post #7413 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-15-08, 18:32

Would have been even faster if I hadn't put a stronger clutch in, but what the hell, was gonna need it someday. Also thanks to Zach for his help on that, would have been a lot harder by myself. I'm just glad it can move under it's own power and I can hear that lovely, pissed off engine again.

1990 MX-6 GT'ALITA' 2nd Gen Struts & Springs Dutch FSTB, Manual Belts & Windows
BUILT ENGINE now running stock engine w/LSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7414 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 0:20

James, I'm definitely going!! Don't know my plans yet...I'm probably going with Jessica, you met her at Get Freaky. Let me know if you need any stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarock01 View Post
Would have been even faster if I hadn't put a stronger clutch in, but what the hell, was gonna need it someday. Also thanks to Zach for his help on that, would have been a lot harder by myself. I'm just glad it can move under it's own power and I can hear that lovely, pissed off engine again.
I wanted to help more...was kinda hoping to help drop the engine in, but I never heard from you the next day and I got kinda busy anyway...
I still want a ride
post #7415 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 3:04
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Ya'll just need to learn to enjoy the snow more. You can't get rid of it and if you won't leave while it's here you might as well learn to like it!

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #7416 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Ya'll just need to learn to enjoy the snow more. You can't get rid of it and if you won't leave while it's here you might as well learn to like it!
SCREW THAT! The snow almost took my life like 5 times on the way to school today! GRRRRR! I really need some snow tires BAD!

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #7417 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 11:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino9656 View Post
I wanted to help more...was kinda hoping to help drop the engine in, but I never heard from you the next day and I got kinda busy anyway...
I still want a ride
I'll let you know when the clutch gets all broken in, but that won't be till spring since I refuse to drive it on the snowy/salty roads But by then I'll probably have an FMU so it'll be worth the wait.

post #7418 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 15:30
I knows sumpthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK View Post
SCREW THAT! The snow almost took my life like 5 times on the way to school today! GRRRRR! I really need some snow tires BAD!
Snow didn't nearly kill you, excessive lack of traction did

BTW, you called a few days ago...what did you need?

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #7419 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 17:33

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

yay, a sick day for me... nice to have an extra day off, just not under these conditions. Where is everyone running into alot of snow? I've seen some, but am still able to drive into salt lake at 80 (from tooele)

Found out today my cam gears are shipping this week, so I'm excited. Should start putting the engine back together soon
post #7420 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 17:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Snow didn't nearly kill you, excessive lack of traction did

BTW, you called a few days ago...what did you need?
Amen to that... The Milly does great in the snow, and well, the Murano is like an enclosed 4 wheeler with heated seats. Ah, love the snow, hate the idiots who don't know how to drive in it.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #7421 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 19:07

I like the cold and snow, evrybody at work complains that its to cold, bah pussy's I say put more clothes on, in summer you could be naked and still sweating, winter you can control your comfort by the amount of hoodies you have on, this week it sbeen on the top, normal shirt, thermal shirt, thick insulated cushy hoodie, insulated coveralls jacket, shitty hoodie #1 and shitty hoodie #2 and on the bottom, 2 pairs thermal droors, 1 pair fleece cushy pants and insulated coveralls, yeah its a lot of clothes to put on but I'm good in this so far down to 20 deg. in the shop. Think of it this way under all this shit its like sittin on the beach inside, just your face is exposed
post #7422 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 19:46

I don't mind the cold, I prefer it really, it's just the snow I find irritating. Makes it hard to get to & from work, and cleaning it off the car all the time is annoying. But... well donuts are fun

post #7423 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 21:09
I knows sumpthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Monkey View Post
Think of it this way under all this [shizzle] its like sittin on the beach inside,
Does that include sand?

Matt, we've gotten probably 10-12" cumulative over the last three storms. Toelle doesn't have much?

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #7424 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 23:09

Maybe 4" at the most but most of it melted today, and yes as of blasting my 17" wheels with the industo blaster at work last night sand is included, i was actually dumping it out of all my pockets this morning, don't know where you would find green sand with black specs in it though
post #7425 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-16-08, 23:27

Here are some pics of the work i did this past weekend,
new water pump and dousched timing side of engine w/solvent and wire wheel, accidentally hit the manifold, ooh shiny, did the rest got a little carried away

New custom mechanical timing belt tensioner, the tensioner was actually broken in half when I took it out, you can see the weld where I put it back together

another view of modded tensioner

not the best choice in color but its what i had laying around

Found some premo brembo OE rotors, new pads and new axles and if you look close enough some asswipe put a 2.5" hole straight trough the frame with a hole saw just in front of the strut, it sits right over the tensioner pulley allen bolt, of which you don't need to take off to get the belt off, dumb asses.

The timing belt i would say was 10% of the problem with the tensioner broke on half and all the rear head was about 5 deg out when I initially spun the crank around, now its dead nuts on time and the belt is a little tight so it makes a cool whine kinda like a supercharger, eh it'll wear in, the mechanical tensioner is the way to go in my book this is the 3rd one I have done and I plan on offering a billet aluminum one through my business, the OE ones have proven to be shitatious over the years as evidence of this one being completely broke in half due to a shitty casting. But anywho the car runs great so far, no missfire, pulls right to fuel cut and isn't doing to bad on gas so far, I still have a lot of work to come but I'm working on some fancy painted valve covers/cam pulleys and I started the P&P on a spare IM, TB and i'm polishing up a set of fuel rails to look chrome so maybe this upcoming weekend or maybe over christmas break, we got another 4 days off just like thanks giving, I hate being slow at work, it just drags on and on.

WOuld this weekend be good to come after a clutch ryan?

Oh and I need a brake light switch, the one that goes on the pedal assembly, mine was super glued and broke this week so I have no tailights, the running lights work but no stoppy lights, I dunno if the mx6's are the same but if anybody has a parts car laying around I could check out let me know

Last edited by Bad Monkey; 12-16-08 at 23:39.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page