UPOC - Page 5 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-16-05, 23:49

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

I'm relocating the battery for two reasons. One is to help with the cars F/R & R/L balance. The other is because I am going to put the intake there and make a abs plastic box around it. Eventually a supercharger will go there. (Unless I get a Miata! )

And I am not going to stay with the stock battery, I am going to put in a Optima lightweight battery.

I'll always remember my grandfathers last words...
"Never argue with a torch bearing mob!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-16-05, 23:50
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Oh, I've got the motor...

More from www.cardomain.com/id/dillinr

Had it for a while now...will be doing just a bit of P&P (just gasket matching) on it and cleaning it up a bit...Nothing major at all...Larger Cams, and basically all the bolt ons I can throw at it...many of which I already have. It's all torn down now, just waiting for a large sum of money I'm getting to complete it. And In all likelyhood I will go turbo...N/A is nice...but to think of a nice safe 6 PSI intercooled with plenty of fuel over a 10:1 comp ratio...yummy...I've seen 220 ATW on DE's with 6 lbs...Yeah...

Zach...well...smokes a lot of pot...seems to have lost some of his passion...due partly to money, loosing his other job...couple other things...and lots of pot...I honestly don't hang out with him as much as I used to...But he's rocki'n a '95 PGT just like Bryan's and done some fun stuff with it...ran a 15.4 at wendover with his 17's on it...his white Probe is all torn apart waiting for a motor...Red '93 is all torn apart, but running waiting for a finish on it's paint and body work.....and he's supposedly going to marry Megan soon and his parents are moving out leaving him the house.

Fun huh?

And I can't wait to see your M-Edition...that I will be just a bit jealous of...and I've got 1G turbo's down pretty well...so once I learn the ins and outs of turboi'ng 2nd gens...I'm all too happy to help

Oh, and the battery relocation...Yeah a bit more weight...but more weight in the rear...better weight distribution. Did you know in the Milennias they acutually angle the battery back as far as possible to help with that? Not a huge difference at all...but every bit helps

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #63 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-16-05, 23:50
I knows sumpthin

Oh, and are you still at Discover card?

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-18-05, 9:23

Yeah, still at Discover Card. Can't complain to much about a good thing.

And incase you didn't hear before, I'm ingaged to be married to Steph in April. The 28th.

Ryan my man.. I don't know haw to tell you. That's not a ZE. Let me try to find a picture of one. The IM is way diffrent, and the ports on the heads are diffrent.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #65 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-18-05, 9:42

Notice the diffrence in Intake manifolds...
Yours looks like a normal KL with a longer section after the Throttle body.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #66 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-18-05, 11:58
I knows sumpthin

Nope, that is the Eunos 800 manifold, though it came on motors making the KLZE spec 200 HP, It is also found on the 170HP Milennia motor and also square runners. Though many people when putting a KLZE into an MX3 will run that manifold because it fits better under the hood than the KLZE mani does while doing the same thing as the MS-8 (KLDE-ish) manifold

KLZE requirements:
https://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28967

Quote:
1) IM: Make sure its not the EUNOS 800, I hear it has a problem fitting. The ZE IM has a longer neck to the TB, just look at the 03 IM and the ZE IM and you will see the difference.
2) TB: Should read KL31
3) HEADS: One should read KL31-101 and the other KL31-1A1
4) CAMS: Should read KL-31
Mine meets all those.

MS-8 Straight neck manifold on KLZE:

Eunos 800 IM on KLZE, used in MX-3 only

KLZE Versus KLDE:

KLDE is squatier around the neck, fatter around the main body, KLZE has the longer TB neck

More info about KLZE Vs others:
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthre...fold+Eunos+800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jeske
So far....the best results for the PGT/MX6 crowd comes with the straight neck MS8 manifold.

The curved neck EUNOS 800 manifold is rumored to be better but there hasn't been a single dyno to back that up probably because it doesn't fit worth a darn under our hoods. The EUNOS manifold uses different VRIS points the both the ASPEC and MS8 manifolds....I dont even know what they are so unless you get all the parts for the EUNOS swap and the EUNOS ECU you may hurting performance not helping it.

The highest dyno'd KLZE motors have the straight neck MS8 manifold. I have yet to see a curved neck manifold motor put down 180 WHP without upgraded everything.

Lastly the EUNOS manifold pretty much requires the EUNOS throttle body as well. To me it seems like alot of trouble to rearrange the engine bay, locate hard to find parts, T&E the VRIS, and purchase the extras all for a possible but unlikely 1-2 HP.

Visit my website for more pics of the KLZE manifolds and some generic info.
Quote:
There are three types of intake manifolds for the 2.5 KL engine.
The "regular" one found in Mazda MX-6/626 and Ford Probe. (no pictures needed here I suppouse). Then there are the ZE type intake manifolds. The long straight neck type from the Japanese MX-6 : http://www.naplesnews.com/staff/for...%20Manifold.jpg

and the curved neck type from the Japanese Eunos 800 (Millenia) :
http://www.corksport.com/mx3/pictures/pmx3s6n1.jpg
http://www.naplesnews.com/staff/for...ZEEnginebay.jpg

But one car is missing here. The Millenia or Xedos 9 with the regular KL 03 engine. What kind of intake manifold does it have?
To no surprise it has the same intake as the KLZE powered Eunos 800. The curved neck type :
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverst.../Millenia05.JPG
I even checked at a local Mazda dealer, they have a used 95 Xedos 9 (Millenia). It has those same large square intake runners.

So, who cares....

After checking all possible sources I can make this for sure. The Millenia has: Horsepower: 170hp @ 5800 rpm Torque: 160ft-lbs. @ 4800 rpm
626/MX-6/Probe have: Horsepower: 164hp @ 5600 rpm Torque: 160ft-lbs. @ 4800 rpm

The engines are equal in everthing but the intake manifold. The Millenia intake mani has this large square intake runners like the ZE.
Here you can compare the 03 and the ZE intake runners:
http://www.naplesnews.com/staff/for...takerunners.jpg

This would explain the 6 HP difference. Millenia has the curved neck KLZE manifold.
Also www.jeffjeske.com has some great info on the KLZE.

So, if you want a nice little KLZE, www.noyanusa.com is a great place to get them, fast shipping and they definitely have all the goods

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #67 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-18-05, 13:36

Nice... all the info in the world on ZE's. Nice research Ryan. Good to know you did that before purchasing. Now get that damn thing in the car!!
In the time being, I have received the CAI, rear strut bar and 8mm ignition wires for the new beast. Now waiting for the Cross drilled/ slotted rotors and short shifter to arive... Oh, yeah, and the car... I fly out this saturday. Will be back Sunday night. My dad picked up the car for me already, said there was a small scratch on the pass rear finder... OMG I told him, the deals off. ha ha ha. He says the car looks and runs great. The kid is going away to college. That's why he sold it. Lucky me. Not the best 1/4 miler... but it'll be a nice daily driver. 3 disc factory in dash changer, steering wheel sound volume controls, keyless entry... Ahh. Can't wait.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #68 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-18-05, 20:57
I knows sumpthin

Dude, I may be faster...but I'll still be jealous...That sounds VERY nice!

And I didn't know MX6's ever came with steering wheel mounted radio controlls! That's awesome!

And what color is it again?

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #69 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-05, 9:42

Black my friend... Black with Tan leather interior.
Yeah, I didn't know either. I guess it was a M edition thing. Along with the in dash 3 disc changer, m edition logo's everywhere, oh yes, keyless entry, and special wheels... I'm so excited! This Saturday... I really like the red rear turn signals. I'm not to hot on amber.

I think you need to quit playing around with that ZE and get it in! I thought it was a low mileage machine already? Should just need a timing belt, water pump, and some new hoses. Slap that baby in and worry about the P and P latter.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #70 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-25-05, 17:59

Uh, update... no volume control on the steering wheel. Everything else is nice. But who the hell puts an after market alarm on a car that comes from the factory with keyless entry and alarm???

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #71 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-25-05, 21:13
I knows sumpthin

Yeah, I had large ideas back then, but it will all be worth it.

And I like the sound of things so far. Bet that looks really nice with the contrast in color for int/ext.

And alarms...Isn't two better than one?

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #72 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-26-05, 9:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan

And alarms...Isn't two better than one?

Laters
Ryan
Not when you need to carry to remotes around....

Yeah, the car looks nice, runs great. I just can't figure out why the damn thing is governed at 7000 RPM's. I put a post up to see if it was a 96 thing... Everyone so far says there's doesn't have a governer. I guess it's not a big thing it has a strong bottom end, so I really dont' need to ring it neck. I just hate the dump at 7K.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #73 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-26-05, 11:43

Ryan, do you still have a hook up for Mazda parts. I want to get a keyless entry remote for my new toy. $48.00 from the dealer!! Around $30 on Ebay!! :WTF: ? ?

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #74 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-26-05, 13:03

Power: 0

hey guys whats up lol
ryan i got my pistons they are super ope looking mean as hel. and havnt taked to you forever bill. but yea i am getting my block baked today and then am taking it over to get bored. ordered me my turbo timer the other day too and am ordering my intercooler and piping as soon as i get my taxes back. should be lots of fun putting my car back together.

well ryan you need to get done with you ze and get it ready for the races this next summer. you should talk to dan and see if he still has his NOS kit. i think he only wanted like 300 bucks. but if you do it right you wont have a problem like he did. i have his number if you are thinking about it.

do any of you guys no how to use a fmu and what one i should get. i need one way bad but have no idea how to use it or anything.

2001 grand prix gtp
15.3 1/4 mile with a 2.3 60' with 3.4" pulley and no cat and intake.
post #75 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-26-05, 13:54

I know what it is... and what is does.. Best asking in the Forced induciton area. Experience is the key.
What's up with bakeing the block? What have you got in the works with that lil mx-6? Trying to keep up with the Buick and GTP?
Glad to hear your still around.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page