Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7592 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-09, 20:24

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

I like the pink too, haha.
Ashton, I am in Ogden too. I will have to put pictures up on here for you to see. What are you driving?

-Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
post #7593 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-09, 20:34
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Jace...I bet you can't guess what clutch I've been using for the last four years of autocrossing...Keep in mind, all the hard launches, all the hard shifting, and all the relatively aggressive daily driving...and running at RMR, pulling a 15.6 @88mph with a 2.2 60'

I've got a shocker for you...Stock. Yep, a stock clutch. Beck Arnley once and IIRC Luk twice. They didn't wear out, I just swapped them at different times when I had the tranny out, either for the LSD in the first car and then the second, and again when the case cracked.

Unless you plan on attending EVERY Midnight Drag, signifigantly increasing your HP (beyond bolt ons) or attempting 2nd gear burnouts, if you can get a brand name stock clutch for less, I say spend the money somewhere else

Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7594 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-09, 21:51

HAHA!! I just noticed the note by your location. "25% More Gay Mormons."
I agree with the stock clutch comment.

-Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
post #7595 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-09, 22:05

I drive a black 93 GT it died on me last week ive changed the disty checked the timing belt, its pumping fuel but it wont turnover? so im just gona take it to get fixed this week I cant stand not having a car anymore? Do you guys have any idea what it could be? Ya put some pics up of what your driving, I wana see what it is
post #7596 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-09, 22:06

BTW what do you drive haha
post #7597 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-09, 22:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashton93and94GT View Post
I drive a black 93 GT it died on me last week ive changed the disty checked the timing belt, its pumping fuel but it wont turnover? so im just gona take it to get fixed this week I cant stand not having a car anymore? Do you guys have any idea what it could be? Ya put some pics up of what your driving, I wana see what it is
Does it just click? When you say it won't turn over ... you are saying it won't CRANK at all right? If that's the case, it's something starting related ... not ignition.

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #7598 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-19-09, 22:27

No it cranks all day till the battery dies but just wont turnover. if it sits 4 a day then i try to start it it will pop/ backfire loud ass hell then crank like normal but just wont start/ turnover

Now when you replaced the Distributor, did you replace it with a new or junkyard one? Those things fail ALL the time and I bought a junkyard one only to fail on me a week later. Also, I can't remember if the harness clip is even the same (I should go look) but a '93-94 has different distributor pinouts than a '95+. So if you bought a '95+ disty and put it on your '93 it won't fire.

'93's will work even if the Crank Position Sensor is bad, so it's not that. Can you run your codes and tell us what codes you're getting? If you don't know how to read the codes ... lemme know.

Bill .... does Saturday work? 11am-ish?

Last edited by ExtremeJDK; 1-20-09 at 1:10.
I knows sumpthin

FWIW Crank = Turnover

Click the link in my sig to see my car

Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []

Ashton, like Josh said, pull the codes, they will tell you a lot. Most likely in my opinion would be the timming belt slipped (either litterally jumped a couple teeth, or the crank shaft bolt came loose), or CPS is bad or loose, or like Josh said, you have a 2nd bad or wrong disty.
Josh, I have a plumber coming over Saturday morning to help me with the basement bath plumbing. Afternoon or eve would be better.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic

Last edited by wpendl1; 1-20-09 at 9:59.
post #7602 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpendl1 View Post
Josh, I have a plumber coming over Saturday morning to help me with the basement bath plumbing. Afternoon or eve would be better.
How about like 2pm or is that still too early? I need to be home by like 5pm. If this Saturday doesn't work, no biggie ... I can just do it another time.

post #7603 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Jace...I bet you can't guess what clutch I've been using for the last four years of autocrossing...Keep in mind, all the hard launches, all the hard shifting, and all the relatively aggressive daily driving...and running at RMR, pulling a 15.6 @88mph with a 2.2 60'

I've got a shocker for you...Stock. Yep, a stock clutch. Beck Arnley once and IIRC Luk twice. They didn't wear out, I just swapped them at different times when I had the tranny out, either for the LSD in the first car and then the second, and again when the case cracked.

Unless you plan on attending EVERY Midnight Drag, signifigantly increasing your HP (beyond bolt ons) or attempting 2nd gear burnouts, if you can get a brand name stock clutch for less, I say spend the money somewhere else

Ryan

well i plan on puttin a turbo in my car ... would i be better off with the stock clutch or a upgrade ??

Maroon 95 PGT
Cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotors, XTC short throw shifter, sleepy eye hot shot style headers
post #7604 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 16:01
I knows sumpthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

Ryan
Already answered your question

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #7605 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 16:39

The Probe: 1993 Ford Probe GT - Ogden, Utah
I finally uploaded pics to the internet!

-Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-

Last edited by Crimson Fox; 1-20-09 at 16:46.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List