UPOC - Page 508 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7606 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 18:33

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

I pulled the codes last week all the codes were for front and rear o2 sensors.
I put a used disty of my 94 motor but I took it apart and it seems like its almost brand new? it seems to be gettin plenty spark now cuz the one I took off wasnt givin any spark. it started my 94 b4 I threw a rod through the oil pan, I just dont want to go spend 200 on a new disty unless i know 4 sure thats what it is . How do you check to see if the timing jumped? Dam Cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7607 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 18:36

Crimson ive seen your GT a few times on harrison what do you have done to it?
post #7608 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 18:55

HS style Headers, 2.5" Custom Header-back Magnaflow exhaust, CAI, STS, RR-Racing Poly Inserts, Eibach Pro Kit, ThermoBlok spacers, Oil filter relocation kit, 245/45 17's...
I think that is all that is on there right now.

-Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7609 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 19:18

what does that filter relocation do
post #7610 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 19:38

I had a leaky oil cooler/filter housing so I replaced it with the relocation kit. It allows for a higher oil capacity and a larger filter.
It also free's up room for a turbo kit.

-Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
post #7611 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 20:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
well i plan on puttin a turbo in my car ... would i be better off with the stock clutch or a upgrade ??
I've been very happy with my clutch! light pedal, and a smooth engage / disengage. I'm do the the same brand but one step higher. I think I'm pretty close to the holding limit of the clutch with my 350~ HP. Centerforce makes great clutches.

Ashton, if you have spark, the problem is not your disty. Check the cankshaft pully bolt first, make sure it hasn't come loose. Then to check the timming belt, turn the crankshaft to TDC, and pull back the timming belt cover on the front cam. Should only have to remove two or three little 10MM bolts to pull the cover back far enough to see the belt and cam marks. On the cam sproket itself there will be a dot (usually white) that should line up with a pointed part on the valve cover. If you have spark, the belt is obviousely not broken.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #7612 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Fox View Post
I had a leaky oil cooler/filter housing so I replaced it with the relocation kit. It allows for a higher oil capacity and a larger filter.
It also free's up room for a turbo kit.

-Nick
sucker... A new o ring is only $6.00. A corvette filter fits right up to our threads IIRC, plenty big enough filter, and you don't need to relocate the filter or houseing for a turbo. You do if you go with the SC that replaced your A/C pump. But I'm sure it looks cool.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #7613 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 21:31
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I run the ZR-1 filter on all my the cars, it even fits 1st gens!

On the clutch, bill has a good one. I've driven his car, it holds

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #7614 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-20-09, 23:53

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK View Post
I agree w/ Ryan. I think the whiote trim would look better. But to everyone his own.

it makes it almost look like a taurus def needs the black trim

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I run the ZR-1 filter on all my the cars, it even fits 1st gens!

On the clutch, bill has a good one. I've driven his car, it holds
lol...they use the same filter except fram...same threads as just about any honda, too...dont think they are the same as a vette...but never tried it. Same as some subies, all mazda's I know use the same threads, all hondas back to about 88 use the same (but not all acura) toyota and nissan both stuck to each of their own, both having a bigger and smaller filter. alot of mitsus use the mazda/honda filters as well, except when put in chrysler cars, which I though was funny.

Discovered today tht my clutch is also about done, it's been slipping for a while, but just a little bit, then it would grab and go. I tried to pass a minivan today, and it was all throttle control to keep the thrust, but not the clutch spin, to pass it. couldnt bring myself to downshift It's been suffering a boost leak for the last week, just fixed it and had a day of fun before the clutch cant hold get to baby it again...

Ashton, I just had two more thoughts... When you replaced the Disty, some rotors will go on in three different diections. The factory ones will not, they will only go on in one dirrection, but some after markets will. You may have put the rotor on facing the wrong dirrection essentially missaligning the spark by about 33 degrees.
If that checks out, and so does the timming belt, then the next thing to check would be fuel. You can jump the FP and the GND pins in the diagnostic box under the hood with the key on, and the fuel pump should run. Easy way to check to see if the FP is working. Also, there is a 17mm nut on the exit side of the fuel rail (by disty), you can loosen this nut (with the FP off) and see if fuel squirts out. it has two brass washers, so you can just tighten it back up with no adverse effects.

Josh, i'll give you a call on Saturday around noon to tell you if I'll be done with the bathroom in time to help you.

2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #7617 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-21-09, 14:58

Hey Josh when you meet up with Bill could you get that O-ring . If you could give him the 6.00 then when i pick up the O-ring from you i will give you $6 if thats cool i would appreciate it. Thanks

Jace

Black '95 MX6 LS- Magnaflow Muffler, CAI, Ebay Headers, CM stage 2R + Fidanza 9lb flywheel, Eibach Lowering Springs, B and M STS, JSPECS, 17' Motegi's wrapped w/ Kumho ASX, Hawk HPS
post #7618 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-21-09, 19:08

ok thanks for the info guys

Maroon 95 PGT
Cold air intake, drilled and slotted rotors, XTC short throw shifter, sleepy eye hot shot style headers
post #7619 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-21-09, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
well i plan on puttin a turbo in my car ... would i be better off with the stock clutch or a upgrade ??
I'll sell you my turbo setup after I get my 12 second run this summer!

JAce, yeah ... I'll grab it.

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #7620 of 12501 (permalink) Old 1-22-09, 10:25

Josh, how much do you want for the turbo setup?

-Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page