UPOC - Page 605 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #9061 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-6-09, 19:55

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Power: 5

sorry I meant to check back here again last night...had to get the 2 gen driveable again and took longer than expected...I should have left my number I guess...I just talked to him, and he'll be home pretty much all weekend, so I'm sure no big deal there...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9062 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-7-09, 10:09

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

YEah texted matt last night we'll be out in the garage for awhile today so I was kinda hoping you would come out to get that done
post #9063 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-9-09, 20:18

Where the hell did everyone go???

Anyways, made a local trip to evco today, their prices jumped, figured I'd warn everyone...got a foot long piece of silicone heater hose for 15 bucks...ouch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9064 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-9-09, 20:35

Well, I'm sitting in some Hotel lobby in Salt Lake getting ready for my board interview tomorrow morning. I'll then find out if I have been accepted for the Army Officer Program and hopefully also when I'll be assigned. Great free dinner but I'm a bit too nervous to enjoy it. Blah!

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #9065 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 8:07

You must be to nervouse to respond to your private messages too.
I wanted to know if you used your go-cart certificates to Winners. I still have mine and think we should go use them!

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #9066 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 13:57
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I'm busy painting!!!

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #9067 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 16:10

Hello everyone! It's been a while...hope everyone's cars are doing well!
The DSM world is treating me decently...for now. I haven't blown up anything recently, so that's good.
Anyway, one of my friends just bought a 2g LS...and it's missing half the intake, not to mention duct taped and god knows what else...
Does anyone have a stock or aftermarket intake they would be willing to sell? not the manifold, just the piping. currently there is a sock being used as a filter...yikes.
post #9068 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino9656 View Post
Hello everyone! It's been a while...hope everyone's cars are doing well!
The DSM world is treating me decently...for now. I haven't blown up anything recently, so that's good.
Anyway, one of my friends just bought a 2g LS...and it's missing half the intake, not to mention duct taped and god knows what else...
Does anyone have a stock or aftermarket intake they would be willing to sell? not the manifold, just the piping. currently there is a sock being used as a filter...yikes.
Just spend 40 bucks and get an eBay CAI.

What would you all recommend using as an adhesive on an intake manifold. I am attempting to put the "V6 24 Valve" decal thingy back on the IM.

-Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
post #9069 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 19:34
I knows sumpthin

Super Glue!!

or 3m weatherstrip adhesive, that's some aggressive shit.

Zach, Yes, I have stockers lying around, or as suggested, Ebay.

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #9070 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-10-09, 23:36

So I have been smelling fuel on my 2gen for a while, hadn't been driving it all the much til the last couple weeks, have been checking it every so often trying to find if it's a leak or something funky with tank ventilation...

Well I found the leak tonight...the hard line that runs under the car, right before it connects to the rubber hose to the filter there is a plastic sleeve...it's coming from under there...I'm excited for tomorrow night...

Luckily, at the last minute I decided to pull them from the car I got from josh...so I have one, but of all the things...
post #9071 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-11-09, 8:14

Well, spent freakin' FOREVER yesterday at the MEPS station and had the most intimidating interview ever! Even though I'm still a civilian, they had to brief me on proper military practice like standing at attention, addressing the officers and other interview behavior. Prior service guys might not think much of it, but it was quite nerve-racking for me. They drill you on everthing from driving record to individual classes you failed in college. Alot mroe in-depth than normal. Anyhow ... got a 75/75 full reccomendation for OCS and the next available slot was for May. So I'll be hanging around here until then, when I report to Fort Benning in Georgia for Officer School. So ... YAY ... I have a tiny bit of direction with what's happening in the future and can plan accordingly.

In Probe news, she needs an inspection this week and I doubt she's gonna pass. Thank goodness my buddy owns a garage and let's me tweak on the machine until she does. I replaced the Valve Cover Gaskets with a set of Fel-Pros and the leaking has stopped ... so cross the fingers that it holds!

Bill, got your PM .... sorry. We have to use those certificates soon. I'd like could just guy with the guys. We should plan a meet there sometime! Anyone else interested.

Last edited by ExtremeJDK; 11-11-09 at 8:17.
post #9072 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-11-09, 8:47

So I'm sitting class right now and my professor used to work for Corporate Lexus/Toyota for like 20 years. And he brought in some material totally new to me!

What would you say if I told you arguably the awesomest motor ever built, the Toyota 2JZ Inline 6, was built from a design GM sold them in the late 50's? General Motors designed the motor for the Corvette but because of the rise of the Muscle Car era abadoned it in '55. Toyota tweaked it a little but it was changed very little from the original design. Stupid GM!

post #9073 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-11-09, 11:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK View Post
Anyhow ... got a 75/75 full reccomendation for OCS and the next available slot was for May. So I'll be hanging around here until then, when I report to Fort Benning in Georgia for Officer School.
You are going to be an Infantry Officer? That is pretty much the only thing they train for at Benning. Q-School for SF, Infantry school, Ranger school and jump school. I have been there (and that is where Brian went to Basic as well). It is kind of a hole. Columbus, the closest city to post, is pretty much bars and strip clubs.
Have fun and good luck. Congrats on the OCS recommendation!

-Nick

You Got Probed!?
Nick Dragon-
1994 PGT MTX -- Black -- KLZE, MTX, Probinator chip, Fidanza FW, STS, RR-racing poly inserts, HS style headers, Borla cat-back, Tokico Illumina struts, Eibach Pro Kit.
post #9074 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-11-09, 13:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Fox View Post
You are going to be an Infantry Officer? That is pretty much the only thing they train for at Benning.
No ... the Officer Candidate School is ONLY at Fort Benning. That is why I have to wait so long because ALL officer candidates go through it there, Signal, Armor, Military Intelligence etc. I am going in for Ordnance.

post #9075 of 12501 (permalink) Old 11-11-09, 15:01
I knows sumpthin

Congrats on the test Josh!! I think I already miss you.

Winners would be awesome, post up when you intend to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeJDK View Post

What would you say if I told you arguably the awesomest motor ever built, the Toyota 2JZ Inline 6, was built from a design GM sold them in the late 50's? General Motors designed the motor for the Corvette but because of the rise of the Muscle Car era abadoned it in '55. Toyota tweaked it a little but it was changed very little from the original design. Stupid GM!
Not too surprising, GM has probably had more designs of cars, engines, whatever that were too far ahead of it's time than nearly any automaker. Notwithstanding current financial crisis, or the shitty accounting job and being pwned by the unions for the last 20 years, they will likely go down in history as the greatest car company ever.

Just to knock off a couple too far ahead of their time, Cyclone/Typhoon? Superfast AWD SUV's? they came 20 years too soon, they lacked in popularity as nobody could see the point of them, however now, look how popoular Ford Lightnings, Viper powered Dodge's, and SRT-8 Jeeps have become. The Typhoon/Cyclone would eat all their lunches today.

Quad4. HO, hello, 190hp from a 2.3l Four banger, mass produced engine in the EARLY 90's!! No fancy valve timing shit for them to make it work. And it had all the torque to go along with it. How many 190hp four cylinders that make good torque exist even today? I can't think of any.

A RaceCar Named Carmen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page