UPOC - Page 95 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1411 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-23-05, 15:22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Its alittle less then 2 miles from my parents house, Probley 5 miles from my apartment. Let me know how your car turns out. I am always in need of a good mechanic when I need one.

07 mazdaspeed3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-23-05, 15:30

he's awesome, he's done a lot of suff for me before. he's worked on my GL, my GT, my SE, and last week was working on a 98 626. he can do anything, though. I already know it's going to be awesome when it's done, I would trust him to do anything on my car, personally. but yea I'll let you know how everything turns out and the shops I used.

and if you still want that head set, $20. let me know.

ADD: The turbo shop is called High Tech Turbos, they're in midvale. website is htturbo.com or htturbos.com, one of the two

ADD AGAIN: I went home for lunch, and my clutch, harmonic balancer, and front cam seal came in the mail. the harmonic balancer is weird, i'll take a pic when I get home.

Last edited by chino9656; 12-23-05 at 18:26.
post #1413 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-24-05, 19:28

Hey, does anyone want a vf-39 with 9,000 miles on it for $400?? lol. I accidentally bought one on ebay, oops. the person above me ($150 above me) cancelled his bid, and it came back down on me....eek!
Ryan, I was thinking maybe you want it? If I can't find someone by monday for it, I will end up keeping it. I need a turbo anyway. and ryan, does the vf series bolt onto our exhaust manifolds? I called ur house and talked to jeremy, he said he thought yours just bolted on, and since it's the same series, I thought it would?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1414 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-24-05, 20:22
I knows sumpthin

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

the VF series turbo's are very different from stock. To use it you have to remove the turbo mounting studs from the stock manifold and weld on an adapter plate to fit the VF series turbo's...See here:

Turbo welded to flange, and flange welded to stock manifold:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dillin...cc.jpg&.src=ph

Here, you can better see the where the flange is welded to the manifold, and the turbo is bolted to the flange.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dillin...34.jpg&.src=ph

Laters
Ryan

Form Follows Function. If it doesn't work, get it the f--- out.
A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #1415 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-24-05, 22:28

so where did you get that flange? do you know how much they are and where to get them? or what it's called? lol
post #1416 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-24-05, 23:59
I knows sumpthin

Wasach steel, take a template of what you need cut, tell them it's for a turbocharger and need 1/2" steel. They typically water cut it, cutting the metal using a highly pressurized stream of water.

Then you weld it to the stock manifold, bet some stainless steel hardware and bolt the turbo right up. From there it's fitting the oil supply/drain lines, and building an exhaust.

But trust me...it sounds easier than it is

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
MFactory LSD [] TEIN [] Enkei 17x9 RPF1 [] Toyo R1R [] Hawk HP+ [] Schroth [] Corbeau [] AWR [] HotShot [] Headers [] Magnaflow [] Side Exit []
post #1417 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-25-05, 18:42

merry christmas everyone. did anyone get car parts for christmas? lol
post #1418 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-26-05, 10:41

I got leather interior !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slidin Sideways,
Mike

Go Down Really Fast, If something gets in your way, Turn ! B.O.D. 1986 (Long live John Cusak)
post #1419 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-26-05, 15:03
I knows sumpthin

You got a leather interior for your '6! NICE!!

I got a Craftsman Aluminum Racing style jack...that was the bigger one

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #1420 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-26-05, 19:16

Well, not too much access to Internet out here, but I brought home my G-Tech and I'll be testing it on Dan(Silver Probe) nad his brother's stock PGT. We'll see the difference.

As far as X-Mas goes ... just the standard clothes and what not plus a pretty dang nice Odyssey putter. I'll post results tonight!

'02 Ford Mustang- [Procharged @ 8psi][Flowmasters][5-speed][Limo Tint]
post #1421 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-26-05, 23:36

anyone ever heard of high tech turbos? www.htturbo.com
that's the place the machine shop recommended me to...I'm gonna see how much they'd charge me to make a dp and an ex. manifold flange for the vf39 turbo. hopefull it isn't too much.
And bill, can i bring those motor mounts to you tomorrow sometime?
post #1422 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-27-05, 9:35

Josh, I need another run on the Gtech now that I have my engine working, with the "high flow" cat, larger air filter, and y yes, I forked out for Synthetic oil. Now If I can't keep up with kitty, I'm selling the stupid thing. JK

Ryan, yeah, the exhuast is the stock pipeing from the "cat" back, except the muffler that I got off ebay for $50.00 or so. If the exhaust were replaced with 2.5 cat back, with the same muffler, I think you'd be in heaven. The stock resonator is still there, that's what quites it down a bit, plus the smaller pipeing. That's next years project. New cat back exhasut. I have to wait until my house it built so that it will be my dailey driver instead of my wifes. She thinks it's to loud as it is.

Zach, I forgot, I don't have a caulking gun. It's very simple to do. Just get the right poly caulk from Home Depot, and just cut holes in the mount were the mount is still sealed, and just go to town filling it up with the poly crap. Just be sure to keep the bolt hole in the same position as stock or you'll have a problem when you bolt the engine back up.

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1423 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-27-05, 9:43

Oh yeah, while I'm here, I'm going to throw in a shamless plug for the keroseen engine flush. OMG, you would not have believed the diffrence! This 93 engine I just put in my M easily had the loudest HLA tick I have ever herd on a KL engine... 5 minutes idleing with 1 qt of keroseen and 4 qts of the dirty oil that was in it already. Drained, drained the filter, reused old filter and filled with 10-30 oil drove it around for a few miles to get the reves up, came back, drained the rinse oil, changed the filter, filled with mobil 1. You can't even hear the HLA's now. No kidding. Even this morning, I started the car up cold, no tick, not even when cold!!! I'm sure it's a combo of the keroseen flush and new use of synthetic, but you guys have to hear this engine. When I first started it up before the flush, you could hear the lifters from the back of the car, over the exhaust! Now, I can't even hear them standing in front of the car!

Bill, 2003 3.5 SE Altima, Black with black leather, headers, full SS exhaust, lowering springs, adjustable shocks / struts, SCAFII, 20" wheels, SER Tail lights, Dual Halos around headlights, HID headlights and driving lights, Maxima Helical LSD.
2010 Maxima SV Prem + Tech package
2006 Vulcan 900 Classic
post #1424 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-27-05, 12:45
I knows sumpthin

Yes, and it has a nice exhaust note...me likey...

And I'll eventually do something on Kitty exhaust wise, I like it, yes, but you all know it's a bit raspy...KL V-6 Raspy, but still a bit raspy...I'll likely toss on a different resonator in place of the cat, and/or add another resonator.

Laters
Ryan

A RaceCar Named Carmen
post #1425 of 12501 (permalink) Old 12-27-05, 12:47

cool. never thought a kersene flush would help that much...
I'll try filling them myself, i guess...I've never done it, but I think I have a caulk gun...
should I chop away some of the rubber that's in there still?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page