abs speed sensor - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 1-18-11, 17:49 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

abs speed sensor

Guys, can anyone help with my problem. Put the car in for it's MOT and other than a few odd and sods needing done the garage said that there is a fault with the abs, now the garage didn't have the tools to check what was at fault and the other garage i took it to there machine didn't/couldn't pick the fault up, i've been advised to get an auto sparky to look at it, has anyone else had issues like this? also i desided to look at pricing the abs speed sensors just in case and the price is at 200 and thats from fordprobe, i've managed to find a scrappy that will send on for 75 all in but i'm looking for some help on this as the scrappy one could be faulty, any ideas where i go from here.

I'm a rollin thunder power and rain comin on like a hurricane, white light flashin accross the sky your only young but your gona die-- AC/DC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 1-20-11, 2:32

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hi Andy
The ABS sensor is notoriously hard to get out without damaging. I think I have a rear driver side intact somewhere if that's any good to you. Free of charge of course.

Let me know if that's the one you need mate.

Elmer

TWR full body kit, mesh grill, Denso irridiums, Magnecors 9mm, Scorpion Exhaust, HIDs, Momo gear knob, Chrome boot struts, Koni Shocks, Spax Springs lowered 40mm, reverse glow dials, genuine Isotta Vallelunga steering wheel, Konig TunerII 18", Custom H Gate and Toggle Switch Panel
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 1-20-11, 3:57 Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

cheers mark, i eventualy got hold of Hamish the auto sparky and he's coming friday morning, he said the older the car then most diagnostic machines wont pick up what the actual fault is or if it is the sensor then what sensor is at fault but he said he has a way of getting to the issue so fingers crossed. I'll post back on the board how i get on as there must be some way of getting the issue resolved without taking the car to the dealership and you can guess how much they would take. Cheers for the offer mate' i'll keep it in mind, I'm getting shot of the car this year so i'll be posting it for sale for about 500 as i have the powerflow exhaust and the superb HID's so if anyone then wants to strip the car and sell in on then great as i don't have the time

I'm a rollin thunder power and rain comin on like a hurricane, white light flashin accross the sky your only young but your gona die-- AC/DC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 1-22-11, 18:24

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

M

TWR full body kit, mesh grill, Denso irridiums, Magnecors 9mm, Scorpion Exhaust, HIDs, Momo gear knob, Chrome boot struts, Koni Shocks, Spax Springs lowered 40mm, reverse glow dials, genuine Isotta Vallelunga steering wheel, Konig TunerII 18", Custom H Gate and Toggle Switch Panel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page