• 1 Post By zimmkidmx6

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 7-11-17, 15:08 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Right hand drive firewall pics

Hey guys I'm currently build a right have drive mx6 here in America and I'm having difficulty finding pictures online of a rhd firewall mainly the interior part. I have my clutch and brake mounted but the rhd firewall I have does not have the gas pedal mount on it so I have no idea how it's place on the firewall. Or even if the usdm pedals will even work for this.'anyone that could help with some pictures would be much appreciated!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-17, 16:26

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I have some MX6 Bibles that might have what you need in them. I don't have access to them but will in a couple of weeks. I'll have a look.
Elmer

TWR full body kit, mesh grill, Denso irridiums, Magnecors 9mm, Scorpion Exhaust, HIDs, Momo gear knob, Chrome boot struts, Koni Shocks, Spax Springs lowered 40mm, reverse glow dials, genuine Isotta Vallelunga steering wheel, Konig TunerII 18", Custom H Gate and Toggle Switch Panel
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-9-17, 10:13

Quoted: 103 Post(s)

Garage
I'm guessing it's a 2nd gen.

Mx-7 Project reborn! -F2T in a FC RX-7 (400hp?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-17, 21:51 Thread Starter

Yes it's a 1995
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-17, 9:55

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

See attached images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	right hand drive firewall 1of3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	9601   Click image for larger version

Name:	right hand drive firewall 2of3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	9609   Click image for larger version

Name:	right hand drive firewall 3of3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	9610  

17" ROH Adrenaline Alloy Wheels, Superchip (for hi-octane +12hp), Stainless steel scuff plates, Powerfolding jdm mirrors, Mazda 6 MPS brakes (front + rear), 929 brake master (mx6 reservoir), JDM headlights, Altezza tail lights, Modified stock radio/cd with line-out +amp, Sound deadened doors + rear quarters << massive improvement
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-17, 10:36

Garage
probably don't want to hear this but it would have probably been cheaper and easier to just buy the car RHD and import it. Then to do what you're doing.

Unless you done it before or know what you are doing. In that case why do an MX-6 when there are so many other cars out there. So I'm going to go with you probably have some skill but have no idea what you are doing. (which is most of us on here.)

I may sound patronizing but I actually mean it.
Good luck, hope you finish.

If you need proof read my build thread. lol

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-17, 22:39 Thread Starter

As far as importing goes to the us, they are now passing the 25 year import mark for us so in the next few years a couple may pop up. I've talked to a few importers and most said to find a clean one and get here no matter what will take time. I got deals on both the chassis and rhd drive parts that couldn't really pass up.as far as know what I'm doing, I have a game plan but no there's not a manual for taking on a project like this. ive worked in fab and machine shops most of my life so have understanding in a lot different areas from welding to machining. Why do an mx6? Why do a civic why do 240sx? It's different then most cars that get rhd conversions here. I've owned 4 of these cars so have a soft spot for them and as metioned before I got good deals on most of the parts to go with it. As far as finishing it I hope I one day finish it to,I've had these parts for a while now but have been out of state for a few years. It's time consuming a pain in the ass but still I hope to get it up and running. And thank you gwq-12. for the pictures they do help! May have a couple questions o your gas pedal but I have to dig mine out to take some pictures sometime this week
DarkMx-6 likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-17, 22:47 Thread Starter

Thank you gwq_uk**** damn auto correct
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-17, 9:38

Garage
more power to you I actually love 1st gen mx-6s and not too many people can understand that either... lol

but to switch something to RHD is more like a gimmick, it doesn't do anything performance wise and makes it harder to drive in the states unless you are delivering mail LOL.

I think it's more about seeing the reaction of people when they see it is RHD.

Sorry if I sound against it, I'm really not, could you help me understand the thought process behind doing this. Personally I would rather spend money on speed/suspension upgrades.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-17, 16:13 Thread Starter

Correct, it does absolutely nothing for performance.

Thought process was really to see if I was able to accomplish something like this. No it's not gonna be done over night probably not even in a year but as a personal goal to do on my own with out paying a high end shop to do the work I see it possible. It's nothing to prove to any one but myself, because yes this has been done before not necessarily on a mx6, but other cars whether it's in someone's garage or they pay someone.

As far as speed/suspension stuff, never said I wasnt planning for that either. As far as money goes it to the looks I bet I have less then have half into that (minus rims) then most people do in to there paint jobs including the parts for the right hand drive.

It's more or less a personal goal nothing to prove to anyone but myself.
DarkMx-6 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page