Scooby's Car Review: Scion tC - Page 3 - Mazda MX-6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-19-04, 19:39

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Three college students...

I could afford it, but I don't really want to have a whole bunch of car and/or student loan payments when I'm in law school. Hell, I was kinda looking forward to not work full time all this year...

Speaking of hijacking, I chose not to watch Money Train last night. I didn't watch it mostly because I hate Woody and Wesley, but also because the plot and script were horrible. Woody, though, was on Cheers, and also one episode of Frasier. I'm watching Frasier right now. Now, that is a good show! I know you don't like it, Sean, but that's just because you have bad taste - unlike Frasier. The Eames Classic chair he has over by the patio in that wonderful condo of his looks ssssooooo comfortable! I mean, damn! That is one comfortable-looking chair! And as much as I like Frasier's condo, I really, honestly think that Niles' place at the Montana (as opposed to Frasier's Elliot Bay Towers) is far superior. That place is HUGE! I want a secret passage and a library and a study!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerios165
i didn't read it but it sure looks informative, with the graphics and everything.
"Indeed what I have here written makes no claim to novelty in points of detail; and therefore I give no sources, because it is indifferent to me whether what I have thought has already been thought before me by another." - and you get karma if you can spot the irony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-19-04, 19:40

CANT AFFORD!!!!
ILL KILL YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I fully plan on buying one of these within the next few years. The GT will slowly decay as I spend no more money (save on gas) on its sorry self, instead saving up so I can put a monster downpayment on the tC. Then, I plan on living out of that sexi hatchback because I cannot afford housing costs. Whenever I want to access the internet, I will drive the tC to a wireless hotspot and hookup there.

Actually... it is in my budget. Switching from a college that costs $23k per year to one that costs $3k per year frees up quite a bit of money.

I still hate you, Rick.

In the arctic, polar bears aren't your only enemy.
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 9:14 Thread Starter

Power: 0

I decided to buy one. I just put a deposit on it yesterday.

BTW, I CAN appreciate the design of the sets on Frasier, I just can't appreciate the American fascination with ineptitude. Like seeing how stupid someone else is makes you feel better about yourself? Seinfeld was the worst example of that. I hated that show.
I could watch some of Frasier, but most of it is trite plots where Frasier or Niles does something stupid and then the "comedy" ensues.

BTW, did I say that I am buying a tC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 10:39

Congrats, Sean! What options and whatnot are you getting? You're going to kick some ass if they try to mess with you like with the 350z, right? God, the suspense with that one killed me...

The stuff I find hilarious in Frasier isn't the stupidity, but the eccentricity and other oddities typically associated with the sheltered, wealthy, and/or intellectual. I laughed when Niles won a pickup truck and said that he and Frasier could use it to go antiquing. I laughed when Cam Winston exclaimed to Frasier that his [insert obscure plant name here] looked nothing like marijuana, and Frasier replied, "Well, I assure you I wouldn't know." I nearly cried when Frasier gave a rousing speech to Daphne's family, Niles, et al and at its end, "this... America!" Cam Winston (in the condo above Frasier's) unfurled a monstrous American flag. "How did you do that?!?" asked a bewildered Niles. Bwahaha!!!!! You really have to watch it (Mother Load, Part 1 - Season 9, Episode 12) to understand the incredible hilarity, but it's definitely there.

And also, of course, both David Hyde Pierce and Kelsey Grammer (especially Kelsey) have excellent diction. Listening to Kelsey say, "You know, I remember being admonished by the ushers for joining in a particularly intense performance of Das Lieb und der Uder!" in "War of the Words" (9x18) is truly inspiring. Those guys can talk.

And oh yeah, congratulations on the tC.

Quote:
i didn't read it but it sure looks informative, with the graphics and everything.
"Indeed what I have here written makes no claim to novelty in points of detail; and therefore I give no sources, because it is indifferent to me whether what I have thought has already been thought before me by another." - and you get karma if you can spot the irony.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 14:39 Thread Starter

I can see what you mean. I guess I am just not as interested in personality idiosyncrasies and what causes them. At least not in a TV show. I don't like much TV at all. It is rare that I get hooked on a show and I can't always explain why I get hooked.
Right now I am "hooked" on more TV than I have been in a decade (I need to read more). I am currently watching Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Joe Schmo 2, and Nip/Tuck.

Speaking of idiosyncrasies, I once worked with a PhD Coginitive Psychologist who insisted that the correct term was "idiosyncrasity" not "idiosyncrasy".
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby
Speaking of idiosyncrasies, I once worked with a PhD Coginitive Psychologist who insisted that the correct term was "idiosyncrasity" not "idiosyncrasy".
My PhD student Metaphysics professor pronounced Einstein "Einschtein." Kinda funny... He would also pronounce the chinese syllables traditionally spelled with a T as though they were Ds, and Ks and though they were Gs. That's fairly common now, really, but it's still unnerving...

BTW, this is officially off-topic.

Quote:
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 17:11

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My biology professor says "neanderthol". the th is supposed to be pronounced as a sharp T, as in neandertol.

heck, if I know that, she should.

'91 Miata, BEGi s2 turbo kit (GT2560r), Full 3" exhaust, Torsen LSD, AEM WBO2, 460cc injectors, MSPNP, Tein flex, Hyperflex bushings, 15x8 949Racing 6UL's, 225/45/15 Hankook RS2's, HDHCDDHT rollbar.
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 17:31

My American Politics professor thought that John Locke came up with the phrase "state of nature."

Quote:
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 18:33 Thread Starter

Rick,

Actually in German pronunciation, a 's' followed by a 't' is always pronounced 'sht'.
So in German, it would be 'Einshtein'.

I had a Calculus professor who was Indian. It took us 2 weeks to figure out that what he was pronouncing as 'deltower' was 'delta'.
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 18:37

I figured as much, but this is America, dammit! We talk American!

As bad as that sounds, the pronunciation feature on Websters' website agrees with me. If I went around on the boards spelling "favorite" with a U, someone would e-smack me. I think it's the same thing...

Maybe I'm wrong...

I probably am...

*EDIT for you edit* Mine was too! Dr. Dakwar! I had pretty good control over that accent of his, but sometimes it'd break through... I think that's even worse, because you're not even used to it.

Quote:
post #41 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-20-04, 20:15
Jon
Tell me, Mr. Anderson, what good is a phone call when you are unable to speak?

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Lets be done now.
post #42 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-26-04, 20:01

My girlfriend just got one of these today. Its pretty cool. She got the gray with a body kit the TRD exhaust ( gorgeous BTW ) and 18's. Which came stock with Pirelli's 225 40's. I think it looks a little too chunky. Sounds really good. I have yet to make up my mind..... I'm going to drive it hard as hell tommorrow while she's at an appointment!!!

Twin T25 Garrett Turbos, FMIC , Jspec lights,Fogs, Xenarc HIDs, turbo timer, Turbo XS BC, & BV, STS, Mici Intake, MSD 6al, Blaster 2 coil, FPR, FMU, S-AFC, 3 gauge pillar, Autometer A/F, O2, Boost, gauges, 3" Apexi Exhaust, CM stage III clutch, Fidensa Flywheel,Walboro 255 LPH fuel pump, 18" volk GTU's, RR-Racing Big Brake Kit, Tokico Illumina's, GC coilovers, Eibach Springs,RSTB, Fstb, Partial Rollcage, Czt stage 4 Valve kit, Copper head gasket, AWR mounts , Etc...

Savannah Racing
My Ride
post #43 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-26-04, 20:07

I wouldn't do that if I were you... A brand new car hasn't been broken in yet, and you run the risk of messing up a brand new motor.

And Jon, did you just tell Sean to quit whoring? He was doing it too!

Quote:
post #44 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-26-04, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
I wouldn't do that if I were you... A brand new car hasn't been broken in yet, and you run the risk of messing up a brand new motor.
LOL maybe his girlfriend is a bit less gorgeous than the car, and a bit more broken in, so he doesn't care.
-Garrett

Wikipedia is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) in which participants play editors of a hypothetical online encyclopedia, where they try to insert misinformation that they are randomly assigned when they create their accounts, while preventing contrary information from being entered by others. Players with similar misinformation to promote will generally form "guilds" in order to aid each other.
post #45 of 58 (permalink) Old 7-27-04, 15:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingman
LOL maybe his girlfriend is a bit less gorgeous than the car, and a bit more broken in, so he doesn't care.
-Garrett
....ZING!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page