LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-1-05, 15:38 Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Power: 5

Good turn out this time!

nice meeting every one

Im diggin the 15+boost on neils 626 there it was rad!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-1-05, 18:59

Here's some pictures of the Calgary Mazda MX-6.com Meet

(From left to right)
Newfie-MX6's brother, Newfie-MX6 (hidden), Thrasher, Squirrel_Boy (Nellie), Samol-hok (hidden), Penguin-Racer, mrozema

Cars left to right:
HHBL, Nellie, Penguin-Racer, mrozema

Cars left to right:
Penguin-Racer, Graham_AM, mrozema

Cars background to foreground:
Newfie-MX6 (Graham's old MX-6), Samol-Hok, Thrasher

Left to Right:
Newfie_MX6's Brother (sorry dude, didn't get your name!), Penguin-Racer, Thrasher

Penguin_Racer's Turbo charged 626 racing machine, Nellie's 97 MX-6

mrozema's classic black 93 LS (very nice shape!)

mrozema's front strut tower brace (very solid bar!), CAI

Newfie-MX6's RS

Newfie-MX6's Strut Tower Bar

Newfie Ghetto bumper repair job

Newfie-MX6 Axis Rims

Holy Cow - Newfie-MX6's PolkAudio DuoSub Monster box!!!

Newfie-MX6's stereo system and DVD panel (not hooked up yet), Graham's ear

Last edited by HHBL; 10-1-05 at 19:23.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-1-05, 19:00

Nellie's Gorgeous 97 MX-6 with K&N CAI.

Nellie's Crankenstein (?) sub box.

Nellie's Audio Warning LOL

Nellie's Performance Meter and Stereo plus friendly air freshener. Missile launch switches mounted below emergency flasher switch.

Nellie's shiney paint versus HHBL's crap faded paint. Waaaaaa!!!

Nellie's rims - whoa they are so nice.

Nellie's cross-drilled rotors plus painted brake calipers.

It was nice to meet all of you guys. Too bad it was so cold! I couldn't stay for the lunch since the little HHBL was getting ansy and bored. We headed down to "Let's Play" on Macleod after hitting the local MickeyD's. It was great to put some faces to the nicks here. All in all a super bunch of guys with some great cars! Hope you like the pictures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-1-05, 21:12

Thanks for posting the pictures, I didn't even know you took any pictures. If anybody needs a duct tape job on their car, give me a call, I am the master of duct tape repairs. nice two-tone repair eh? haha nice meeting everyonbe, we'll have to do it again sometime soon, maybe go for a nice cruise through the city, show the calgarians some real cars. Anyways, I'm off to find myself a few dr. crankensteins. (no joke intended) sounded incredible.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2122178

Calgary Import Society
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-2-05, 8:35

Sick Rides guys.
I wish the local guys here would go to a meet !

88 LX-T K&N,2.5" Turbo Back.15" KonigHoles.STS.ZombieChip.MBC.MSD SS,Boost guage.A/F Guage.Eibach Springs.FSTB/FSTB,R Disc's,Larger F/R Sway's,440's,FPR,FMIC,TB Turbo,Hardpipes. Sold 06/06, [email protected]
94'LS KLZE,S-AFC,MSD6AL,SS-Headers,2.5" CB,CM Stage3,MX3 FW,CAI,Probinator chip,Konig 15",RRMounts, Illuminas, Sprint Springs, Brembo Slotts Rotors, Hawk Pads.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-2-05, 13:13 Thread Starter

who went street racing that night

if so how was it?

post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-2-05, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie-mx6
Thanks for posting the pictures, I didn't even know you took any pictures. If anybody needs a duct tape job on their car, give me a call, I am the master of duct tape repairs. nice two-tone repair eh?
I'm pretty stealthy with the camera. If you ran a blue and silver strip down both sides, it would look like some cool pinstriping! I wonder if you were to place some cork cushions under the license plate and somehow braced the bumper from the styrofoam cushion underneath (is that what's under there?) whether that vibration from the subs might be reduced.

Please let me know if I got anyone's info wrong there. Nellie, are those switches for the underglow? What's that red button do? After seeing Nellie's car, I'm so tempted to buy another 6 to replace my faded green turtle. Argh... if I only didn't blow all that cash on that 626 I just got...
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-2-05, 17:33

I went to a few races. My first time, it was insane. I saw 2 skylines race each other, a couple of 240's and an old chevy truck burn his rubber to the rim, it was great. haha I met up with nelson and graham and went to a couple with them as well, it was a good time

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2122178

Calgary Import Society
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-2-05, 20:50
Its not butter?!!!!1

^ It was an awesome time.. I had a blast meeting everybody. Sure is nice to see so many nice MX6's out there. Speaking of which. I looked in my rear view mirror today on deerfoot and I could have SWORN that it was Nelly speeding up to me. I was already speeding.. doing 120 on Deerfoot (as usual) but this guy was doing about 140ish. He had the EXACT same car as Nelly.. even tinted windows... but as he pulled up I knew it wasn't him.. it was an older blonde guy.. hmm.. the sad part....

HE HAD A TRAILER HITCH ON IT!!!!!!!

GRRRR!!!!

Wil somebody please steal that car and give it to a loving owner?!!! Man that was harsh.

Shawn's car is getting pimped nicely.. its quite the ride..
Nelly has the coolest under-car lights I've ever seen. Its like a disco under the car.. all these different colors and all.. it was so cool. Nelly's car is so damn clean.

BTW... I found a guy with a 1993 LS if anybody is interested.. its an auto though.. but it has 260k on it.. in okay shape hunter green with tan interior... needs nothing.. but only $2k if anybody is interested...

I told him I'd post it on a mx6 forum for him.. he said go ahead.. so here is his name and number "Shawn" at 608-5767 He is in Canmore...

Da Whips
-'07 Triumph Daytona 675.
-1938 Chevy half ton hot rod project (in the works)
(and a bunch of other shit like DD's etc etc)
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-3-05, 1:03

Quote:
Anyways, I'm off to find myself a few dr. crankensteins. (no joke intended) sounded incredible.
haha yeah they are soo sweet! The main part is if you get a ported box, you get a pretty good kick out of it. And i love the fact that i only paid 50 bucks, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHBL
Nellie, are those switches for the underglow? What's that red button do? After seeing Nellie's car, I'm so tempted to buy another 6 to replace my faded green turtle. Argh... if I only didn't blow all that cash on that 626 I just got...
I have a underglow switch under my steering wheel. Those switches are for lights in my car. The first red switch turns the main unit on, which i hid under my alpine deck, it's a 4 channel adapter. The the next 3 turns on lights in the vents, lights on floor, and lights on ceiling giving a very cool illumination look.

Quote:
I went to a few races. My first time, it was insane. I saw 2 skylines race each other, a couple of 240's and an old chevy truck burn his rubber to the rim, it was great. haha I met up with nelson and graham and went to a couple with them as well, it was a good time
Haha yeah it's soo exciting, and tons of fun. Sucked when P. Racer came out the races where pretty much done... but i'll be there next week if the weather is good, and this time maybe, u will race me eh Newfie? BTW did u get your deck working? Jordan (MAzda 6 owner) he is pretty good with stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_A_M
Nelly has the coolest under-car lights I've ever seen. Its like a disco under the car.. all these different colors and all.. it was so cool. Nelly's car is so damn clean.
Haha i love the kit, 10 different modes and 7 different colors. Sucks that it's illegal, but i love it, and i had to buy it, really easy to install too.

Yeah I had tons of fun meeting all of you. I totally want to do projects and buy in bulk with everyone. The meet was cool meeting all of you, and the races after was pretty exciting. You guys all had great cars, penguin your nuts, Im gonna try and go friday, maybe race, haha maybe just watch, oh and Graham, once u get that car of yours, we gotta go to race city!!!

- Mazda MX-6 97 LS -
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-3-05, 1:05

yeah it was fun to get out. We should have all gone to "lets play", that never gets old. Haha I havn't been able to fit in those tunnels since i was 12. Lots of nice cars, I reallllly wish I'd made it to the races, ah well hopefully a warm spell will come and some will pick up later in the fall. HHBL if you're not liking your paint, I'm sure its nothing a good wax wouldn't bring out, worst case a rubbing compound. I think everyone was jealous of Nellie's paint, but I think he said he waxed it alot.

I am convinced I need some niteshades paint though for the taillights after saturday, and a fancier looking sub lol.

Calgary Import Society
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-3-05, 1:30

niteshades, such an awsome thing. It's cheap, go to auto value, i love that place, haha. wax, yeah man, i wax my car as much as i can, either i use mother's 3 stage wax, or if im lazy, i use my 24K gold wax i bought at the stampede, seems to be pretty good too.

oh and HHBL the rims, if you ever want rims, i can get you a good deal with CMS, their located on 32nd Ave NE where TNT honda use to be.

- Mazda MX-6 97 LS -
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-3-05, 3:14

I haven't waxed my car since around 1998, and yep it's showing. I really should have kept it up a bit better. I actually sprained my wrist waxing it one year so I had to wear a wrist splint for some time. After that I was a bit leery about waxing. I should have brought it to one of those places like "The Shine Factory" or something, but it always was pretty low on the priority list (wedding, house, kid, car).

Now the paint is pretty damaged and faded in places so I'm not certain how much even rubbing compound is going to help. I was playing with the idea of getting it repainted, but with 380,000 km's coming up and a bunch of repairs needed, it might not be worth it.
Man, Let's Play is like a zoo for kids. It's crazy in there! LOL we spent about 2 and a half hours there so little HHBL was pretty happy. I guess six year old girls just aren't into cars.

Thanks Nelson for the offer on the rims - I'll remember that. It sounds like you guys had a good time at the races. Do you have any night pictures of your interior and underglow setup that you can post up? I wouldn't mind seeing that!

BTW I found a link to show you what one guy has done with high temp powdercoating. If you do more searching, there's a few people who have gone this route. Personally I wouldn't have picked dark grey, but this guy is pretty happy with the results.

https://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139637

EDIT: Whoops, I see that you posted something in that thread before so you've seen it already!

Last edited by HHBL; 10-3-05 at 3:25.
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-3-05, 11:15

Hey ya'll! I'd say that meet was a complete success! It was really nice to meet all of you and check out some of the other MX-6s in town.
Great pics by HHBL! I didn't even see the camera flash! Talk about sneaky!
If we can find a day with some better weather we gotta do a cruise!

Squirrel_boy: If you can get good deals on wheels, can you also get good prices on tires? Say 225/50R16?
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-3-05, 13:26

yeah, that was good fun! Glad the weather was better than last time and the turnout was much better. We need to do a cruise sometime into the mountains or something, possibly in spring.

Spinnnnnnneeeerrzzzzzzz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page