Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 238 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the 0-60 time and quarter mile of a 1996 MX-6 V6 model?????? Please tell me realistic times. Thanks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i stock 5spd, v6 0-60, i believe are in the low 7's, the quarter is in the 15's low 15's i think, i have an auto so i dont count, auto sucks in the 6

·
Registered
106 Posts
MOTOR TEND GOT THIER MX-6 TO DO 0-60 IN, I BELIEVE 7.5 AND THE 1/4 IN 15.5. I AM CERTAIN ON THOSE TIMES BY PLUS OR MINUS .2 SECONDS. MOTOR TREND TENDS TO HAVE FASTER TIMES THAN MOST OTHER MAGS THOUGH, I THINK THEY TEST THIER CARS A BIT HARDER THAN THE OTHERS. HOPE THIS HELPS.

SIXER

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, does anyone know any more exact numbers? Just wondering. If you do know any, attach a website or something. I just want to know a more exact number. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just wondering because I drive a 2000 Prelude 5 speed, and I have a friend with one of these MX-6's. we have raced probably like 6 times total and every time I have won. the races are usually from 40-100, and by the time I hit 90 I am usually 2-3 car lengths ahead. Too bad he won't go any faster, maybe it could be more.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
mmm

Maybe hes runnin the 4 popper..

Honda Qualudes are sooo boxxy, makes me wonder how the wind doesnt slow them down :) or maybe it does teehee

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hey my friend also has a fairly new prelude and i race him constantly and always fall a little short. It is very close though. I have a 93 mx6 v6 ls auto . I think the only 2 reasons why he barely beats me is because his car is much lighter than mine and he has stick. That gives him a slight edge against my heavy mx6.
Preludes Suck!!!!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd say the reason you are losing is definitely because you have an auto. My friend has a 92 prelude and I can beat him with my 5 speed LS. I have also beaten several newer model preludes and a 92-96 vtec. Don't worry about it though because even in losing, your car still looks 10 times better than his.

·
Registered
257 Posts
WELL, ALL I CAN SAY IS I BEAT INTEGRA GS-R's 99 OUT OF 100 TIMES. I NEVER RACED A PRELUDE THO(not yet,i'll get back to you later today. tehee) AND ACCORDING TO A SPORT COMPACT CAR REPORT ON 8000rpm VEHICLES, BETWEEN THE CELICA GTS, INT GS-R, INT TYPE-R, AND PRELUDE VTEC, THE PRELUDE WAS SLOWER TO 60mph BY.1 SECONDS AND ONLY .2 SECONDS FASTER IN THE 1/4mi. THE PRELUDE WAS RATED @ 7.7 0-60 & [email protected] 1/4mi. MOST OF THIS IS ATTRIBUTED TO ITS 3,042lb CURB WEIGHT. THAT IS WAY TOO HEAVY FOR A FOUR BANGER. AND TO THE GROUND ON THE DYNO IT PUT DOWN 143lb-ft AND 168hp. I HIGHLY DOUBT IT WILL BEAT AN MX-6 2.5L. EVEN STOCK.

HOPE THIS HELPS SOLVE THE DISPUTE. RAW FACTS COURTESY OF SCC,OCT,2000.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think that Car & Driver published a 0-60 of 7.2s for a 93 MX-6 LS 5 speed. This was published in August 92. The later cars may be slightly slower due to more equipment, although their test vehicle was loaded (CD, sunroof, power driver seat, etc).

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mx-6's are not as fast as Preludes. I will race ANY ONE OF YOU and beat you. I eat them for breakfast. 2000 Preludes do 0-60 between 6.5 sec and 6.8 according to Motor Trend, Car and Driver, and Autoweek. SCC is innacurate in almost all of its times AKA Celicas are rated at 6.6 in most magazines, but SCC rated it as like 7.6 I believe. MX-6's just simply are not as fast. Just look at the numbers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Motor trend numbers are posted by professional drivers burning the hell out of the engines (often past redline). I can not believe that you could achieve a 6.5 time in a 2000 prelude. I've driven one, and can tell you that the clutch is not nearly as nice as even the stock v6 LS clutch, way too floaty. The mx6 engine also produces more low end torque than the vtec (i'm almost positve). This translates to faster off the line times, which is why i bet you couldn't beat some of the people here in their heavier, less-hp mx-6's. 1/4 mile is a different story.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When racing, Prelude drivers usually run their cars to 8000 RPMs. In the quarter mile, I have seen times as low as 14.7 in Preludes, while the average is 15.0...... MX-6 has less PEAK torque than Preludes. Actually their low end torque is dead even, and then the prelude's jump beyond the MX-6's and then goes higher, whereas the MX-6 drops off. MX-6's, V6 models, are pulling about 90lb.-ft. at 6800. that is not that great compared to the LUDE's 125 wheels torque at redline. all i wanted to know was some 0-60 times..........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think we all agree that our 0-60 is around 7.5 and our 1/4 is around 15.5. So there you go... any more questions about our cars???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
VTEC BLOWS!!!! hey honda boy ,,,, not to be mean but: get a real car. i eat up preludes all the time. i just raced this prelude wit well over 200 horspower and i killed it by about 3-4 car lenghts off the line, Preludes suck, get a mazda. Sorry but the truth hurts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey man, have some respect. My Honda 2.2 litre produces more HP than your 2.5 V6's. Truth hurts. Superior technology. The reason you MX-6/Ford Probe GT drivers get such a bad reputation is because of comments like that. Preludes are proven faster than MX-6's. That is just a fact. I have complete respect for Mx-6's, all I wanted was some time quotes. That is all. Not a flame war. Hondas do not suck. Their suspension work and transmissions are some of the best in the world. back off, aight? Unless you can run a quarter mile in under 15 seconds stock, don't say anything negative about preludes. ya'll can pull decently up until 3rd gear. that is where a prelude will spank ya. We have superior high end. Hence our top speed is 149 where ya'll is 134. Peace to all mazda drivers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok no need for flaming ppl, alright... both the mx6 and prelude are very nice cars so how bout not flaming the prelude guest. We all have big jimmys so there is nothing to prove here.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.