Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I've got a 100k miles and a few noises coming from the suspension. What do you think I should replace, and how much cash for the items? I'm debating how long to keep the car, and if I decide on the long term committment I'm thinking new exhaust, ECU, more boost, and a paint job. Let me know what you think...
Beach.
'91 GT.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
The noises coming from the suspension are most likely the sway bar endlinks. Get ADDCO endlinks, which are about $30 for the whole car, and you'll be VERY happy. Great mod.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked out your site and saw the notes on it. Do you have any pics of it by any chance? I'm not too familar with the suspension on the car.
Thanks,
Beach.
'91 GT.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a MX6 GT 1990 and bought it brand new i love that car and i drive it everywhere i just hit 200,000 which may seems like alot but really isn't for a mazda i imagine that i should get about 50 to 60 more thousand miles out it if not more. I think that the suspension does go bad i had to get a whole new suspension system at 130,000 miles so just go ahead a go for it if you rough on them they do go bad.

___________-
emexsix90GT

·
Registered
332 Posts
What do you mean by a whole new suspension? Please give more than just that. The word "whole" is scaring me.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd love to hear what you replaced as well. Mine's been driven pretty rough the past 9 years as well, so it may need a similar job. Although I'll probably jsut go with the endlinks to start...
Beach.
'91 GT.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Believe it or not the endlinks seems to solve a lot more problems than you might imagine. My friend's '89 mx-6 felt really loose and made a whole lot of noises from the suspension. We thought we'd have to replace every bushing in the whole damn car, but after the endlinks. All of it went away. Give it a try.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
cool

anarchy, thats the problem Im having right now...I'll have to try the bushing thing...could someone please post the sizes you need (I know its been posted before a millions times, sorry)..

·
Registered
114 Posts
What type of noises are they? Squeaky or not bolted together noises? I had a lot of both. After replacing the end links the car sounded so much more solid. Hehe, not to mention the fact that the thing corners so flat now. :) I don't remember that sizes they are. You can look it up at the store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts