Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i finally took my car to the LACR track the other day and i ran a 12.6 at 108 MPH. Not bad, but i am trying to get my 60ft down, i hit a 1.9

Mods on the car at the time were:

Stock Intake :p
Millenia Intake Manifold
KL-31 Cammed KLZE
KL-36 ECU
Fidanza Flywheel
Clutchmasters Stage 4 (4-Puck)
26"x8.5" Mickey Thompson Slicks
SS Autochrome headers
2.5" Straight pipe
2.5" Dynamax Muffler
75 ZEX shot (~60WHP) Damn overrated shots :muhaha:
91 octane Pump Gas :D

Car weight down to approx 2550 with me in the car. LOL But i had about 1/2-3/4 tank of gas.

My first run ever on slicks was a 12.8, and my second run was a 12.6. I was just happy that i didn't break anything, so i didn't run anymore. But i know there is room for improvement, maybe to get a 12.4 or 12.5.

Well there will be more runs soon, with faster times

·
Registered
763 Posts
nice runs devin.....you forgot to call me so i can roll down with u guys!

well anyways, did you film the runs??? nice job!

·
Registered
763 Posts
also, did you do a run all motor??? i kind of want to know what it does off the bottle...

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bad man, It was a last minute thing. I dind't know i was gonna go til 5-6PM

That was on the bottle, and i never timed it off...but i will say at least a 13 off the bottle.

Actually yeah a friend of mine video taped both runs. I'm trying to get it from his ASAP. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
763 Posts
alright cool, just let us know about the videos...

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Peer pressure

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I don't know what I'd do if I ever saw a thread where people didn't give an excuse following their times. Perhaps drop dead of astonishment?

.... waits for a thread to be created by one of the haters

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
It's ok, I complain about my 1-2 synchro whenever I actually post numbers. That's why I only went to the track twice this summer (well, that and my new job in the oposite direction of the closest track that's already 100 miles away).

·
Registered
137 Posts
thats ridiculously fast... mad props... keep us posted

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Yeah like the altitude is so high here on the coast, i mean i can barely breath. i need to change my plugs... I needed to run my car harder to get the oil pressure up so the vtec would engage. to much weight in the car.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dunno about the 125 shot yet Ryan.

But i will be making a run with the 100 shot...so i will see what kinda times i am gonna pull with that....and then if i am not fast enough i will do a 125...:lol:

·
Registered
763 Posts
hey slammed 6, or those runs altitude corrected or just what you dial in??? because lacr is above sea level and will affect your times. They have an altitude correction convertion that will tell you your time at sea level. If so, they you might of got a high 11 at sea level.......

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
But in seriousnes...be carefull with that...I've seen more than a couple people melt things on only a 75 shot...not that they knew what they were doing...but still...

What have you got going to keep the fuel supply going?

Laters
Ryan

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
what did you do, put in a larger fuel side? Did you watch AFR's in doing all this? I'm curious becase I have little experience with Nitrous on...well much of anything :p

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Ryan said:
what did you do, put in a larger fuel side? Did you watch AFR's in doing all this? I'm curious becase I have little experience with Nitrous on...well much of anything :p
Are you talking to me?

If so, I was running the stock FPR on a ZE with a Walbro 255HP pump. Stock NX jettings (meant for our 9.2:1 brethren) was just a bad mix. It wasn't THAT bad.. I only melted a couple/few plugs in all the time I sprayed on that setup. But then I ordered a new jet to go higher on fuel and never had the problem again. I stepped the fuel jet back down once I installed an AFPR and bumped my WOT FP to 48psi to get a nice 13.5 A/F on tehe dyno.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts