Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home from work the other night and I was getting on the highway so I gunned it to get up to speed and I noticed the boost gauge read 12 psi, I was like wtf }),it was really cold that night, but it would never go beyond 10 psi when in boost, the weather got warmer now so it doesn't do it now. My question is, is this normal,is something messed up? motor is stock besides a cone filter and boost guage. Thanks.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
it seems to be an intermittant boost cut, when I had my stock chip and boost turned up to 12, I'd occasionally spike to 14-16 psi, and the ECU would occcasionally hit boost cut, it would happen mostly if I was merging onto a highway and decided to gun it, but regular street driving, I rarely ever hit boost cut even when it spiked:shrug:

·
Registered
45 Posts
same here my car is bone stock so i had to put a controller in untill i get a chip and stuff so it would stop spiking and cutting out.
heh at first i thought my gauge was messed

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you have an aftermarket boost controller, you might have been experiencing a boost spike. I have mine set at 12 psi. it has spiked to 14 before. I don't hit boost cut though. Others have said they heard a beep, and noticed a loss of power. My power kept right up to 14 psi., that was stock.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
when I had my stock chip in my car would hit boost cut everytime the boost reached past 11.5psi's, so Id say altuide and tempture makes a difference with when the boost cut comes on, also the VAF flap has to be opened all of the way to hit boost cut..I think.

Methman

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was just messing around and found that the reason my 6 hit 12psi stock was that there was a small tear or hole on the tube from the wastgate to the activator and when i put my controller in i replaced these hoses and stuff.

just thought id say what I found out

joe...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts